Ahan Thai Kitchen

Discussion in 'Food & Restaurants' started by xsalesjunkiex, Dec 8, 2005.

1. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

I may have said this before, but i\'ll say it again... if you like thai food, you abosultely must try Ahan thai kitchen which is located in aberdeen mall\'s food court.

In my opinion, Mathew, the owner, makes the best thai food in Vancouver!! Each dish is about $6 - $7 dollars and his curries and pad thai noodles are just perfect tasting.

On a scale of 1 - 10, a definite 10!! Try their food.. you won\'t be disappointed!!

Post edited by: ryan, at: 2006/04/07 03:25
  2. I agree with Ryan. They have the absolute best Thai food!! I would eat there everday if i lived close to Richmond. The staff is very friendly and you will definetly not be dissapointed. The food quality is excellent. My favorites are their Pad Thai noodles, The pork cakes, the spring rolls, chicken panang curry, and the grilled chicken. i\'ve been to a lot of other authentic Thai restraunts in both vancouver and seattle and nothing beats Ahan Thai. Happy Eating!!!
  3. Ruby

Ruby Full Member

Is all thai food spicy? I can\'t really take too spicy food unless its wasabi! lol I love wasabi and sushi! hehe ^-^\"
  4. mr.x

mr.x Full Member

yes.. thai food is spicy, however, some of the curries are not too spicy and the pad thai noodles isn\'t very spicy at all.. if in doubt, just ask but the food is simply amazing :laugh:
  5. fro

fro Full Member

oo best place..well one of them i wud hab to say is the restaurant green lettuce..its not thai food its like indian chinese (i kno strange huh?) but its awesssommee..may be a lil greasy but hey greasy is good!..theres one on kingsway and one in surrey...trust me its good not too pricey (10-15$ for main courses) and looks clean and stuff..one problem is its usually packed on weekends so make sure u reserve!:cheer:
  6. kaori

kaori Full Member

cool. thanks fro.
    my bf and i will have to try it out!
  7. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

I went to Ahan Thai for dinner today at the Aberdeen Centre food court and the food as always was AWESOME!! They\'ve even lowered their prices but kept the quality excellent!!

You have to try it. It\'s super yummy!!!!
  8. Slash

Slash New Member

I have to agree with yah all.. the food there is awesome and it\'s so cheap :)

And their ICED-TEA ($1) is really really really good.

Yumm.. I think I\'ll go there for lunch.
  9. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

I have to say that the best Thai/Malaysian type food would be at Tropika. I\'ve been to every Tropika in the lower mainland but my favorites are the downtown one on Robson and the one in Richmond. :)
  10. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

You're kidding right? Their food is ALWAYS good! so good that a friends company gets their thai food catered by them =)

I haven't been there in a while and i miss the pad thai...
  11. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

If they're that good as you say then why would they go out of business? I was just there 3 days ago and they're gone.:pinch:
  12. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

I was just at Aberdeen for lunch today. Both Ahan Thai and Yoshi Sushi was closed. Wonder why.
  13. canido

canido Full Member

yeah me too, i went there today..and it was gone. I was wonderign if they were taking a break...or they really closed. It was sooo good!!
  14. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

Ahan Thai was never in Parker Place. Only in Aberdeen Centre. I know for a fact that Aberdeen's rent cost was waay to overpriced for what the mall was. You can get a retail space in Oakridge for about the same but have waay more buisness. The Management of Aberdeen Mall is horrible. They've lied to the owners of buisnesses to get them into the mall and locked them into long contracts. almost all of the retailers that were originally there couldn't afford to keep shop open because of the cost of high rent and not enough traffic. I know that for a fact becuase I used to know someone that owned a high-end store there which is now closed down.
  15. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

p.s Ahan Thai was my favorite Thai Place. =( I've been to many Thai restaurants in Vancouver and they were by far the best. Even compared to high-end expensive ones in downtown. I will miss the friendlyness of the staff and the best Thai food in town!!! =(