All You Can Eat Sushi

Discussion in 'Food & Restaurants' started by canido, Dec 31, 2005.

1. canido

canido Full Member

I think that i prefer Ebei (Granville and 41st Avenue) late night all you can sushi most because of it\'s wide and fresh selection.

If i were to stay in Richmond, I would go for Ajitaro (#3 road beside Lansdowne Center) because of its taste and service. Make sure you make reservations, i was there at 12am yet there were still ppls lining up. (closes at 2am).

I find that Richmond Sushi (which is very popular)to be very disappointing due to its service and never giving you exactly what you order. Moreover, their sushi sometimes taste stale.

The Boathouse (located in Lansdowne) is alright, nothing to special but nothing to wow. This is the place to go if you haven\'t booked a reservation on a friday or Saturday night, it is usually fairly quiet.
  2. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

gotta agree with Ebei sushi, that place is pretty good.

i think richmond sushi\'s disappointing too, i dont get why people like that place so much. there\'s not much selection, and it doesn\'t taste that good.
  3. mr.x

mr.x Full Member

i agree with both of you.. i\'m not a big fan of all you can eat, but i\'d have to say that Ebei and Ajitaro would be my top 2 choices ;)

btw, don\'t forget EBISUYA near Fraser and Broadway... another decent all yoy can eat sushi place with a good selection of items. :laugh:
  4. taremi

taremi Full Member

how much are the late nite all you can eat sushi about?
    i\'m assuming around $11-$13...?

i don\'t recommend robson sushi all you can eat... the service is just horrible, and the food isn\'t so great.
    but everyone still lines up to get in!
    i have to admit... i don\'t understand.
  5. BlusH*

BlusH* Elite Member

i recommend Fish On Rice
    It\'s near Kingsway and Willingdon (it\'s right on top of the Earls on Kingway near Metrotown
    their sushi is fresh, and the food is good
    they have the salmon egg cone, and beef sashimi on their menu
  6. West Coast Gurlee

West Coast Gurlee Full Member

all u can eat places are a bang for the buck. but if u want honest to goodness fresh fresh sushi, u gotta go to an a la carte japanese restaurant.
  7. canido

canido Full Member

Oops, i do mean \"Sui Sha Ya\"...sorry my friends and I normally call it \"boathouse\" and I forgot that wasnt the actually name. Dumb me~ Thnx West Coast Gurlee for the clarification!
  8. canido

canido Full Member

ahahhaha..yupz i am chinese alright. =) weee, you guessed it right!
  9. sweettooshie

sweettooshie Full Member

sui shi ya? gah i can\'t stand the service there! it\'s absolutely awful! they wouldn\'t let us leave once because we didn\'t give full tip (it didnt\' help that they didnt\' bring what we ordered) the food is.. mediocre, but i would still prefer Richmond Sushi by far.. there\'s also this new place across from Richmond Centre, where there\'s a vacuum store and a pho restaurant there (Tai Son).. the place is kinda small and dinky but the food and service was pretty good and to top it off... late night was only $9.95!
  10. omg cannot stand \"sui sha ya\" @ coquitlam center location that place has got to be the worst sushi place in the lower mainland. the only customers there are mainly composed of eldery canadians that want to try sushi out for the first time and sum asian kids that hang out.. the place, service, and food is
    :sick: =_=;; <<dine there at ur own risk>> :pinch:

the places that i think are pretty good
    - richmond sushi
    - shogun
    - ajitaro richmond
    - [richmond] sui sha ya is way better than other sui sha ya locations
  11. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Oh i completely agree with Sui Sha Ya, especially the metro and the w.broadway location. Both are terrible!! Both food wise and service!

A friend of mine went to the Metro one and ordered some goyza, like 3 orders, and they brought them 100 pieces of it! He tried to tell them that he didn\'t order that and they refused to let him leave unless he ate it all! So.....he just stuffed it on one of those boats and hid it under a bowl, lol, and then took off.

I actually like Robson Sushi (across from the blockbuster). It can get really busy at times, but even during peak time the all you can eat is only $13.95. and they have to die for BBQ short ribs.
  12. fro

fro Full Member

i jus have a question...

not bein azian i was wondering is sushi sumthin u have to get use to eating to enjoy it?...i kno allllooottt of non azian ppl that luv it..almos everyone does..but ive eaten it a few times and after two pieces i get sick ...like i cant force myself to eat it lol..so is it sumthin u have to aquire to the tase?..i dunt relli relli hate it..jus cant seem to relli consume it and it suks wen everyone wants to go out for sushi!! lol:p
  13. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

hey fro, i\'m not asian, i\'m white and i love sushi!!!
    I have to admit that the first time that i went for sushi i wasn\'t that fond of it, but i had no choice and had to eat it......i was out with my bf and his family (like 10 of them!) and they\'re asian, and we went for sushi....i didn\'t want to seem like a picky eater so i ate the sushi, and i made myself learn how to use chopsticks, lol.

But i\'m glad that i ate it b/c now i absolutely love it!! I can only handle only so much sashimi, but i do like it.

But it is an acquired taste...you can always stick with cucumber rolls and california rolls.
  14. Minkie

Minkie New Member

:whistle: I am new to town. How is Tsunami Sushi? Not sure I have the spelling right. What about the \"all you can eat\" sushi on Robson, also?
  15. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

I like the all you can eat sushi on robson. It\'s definitely worth the money that you pay, and it\'s better than the Sui Sha Ya I believe.

I know that there are better ones out there though.

I used to like Tanpopo, on denman & davie, but after I heard that they were shut down for rats like a few times, i\'ve stayed away from there. Haven\'t been there for like 5 years now
  16. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

Hi Minkie!

Welcome to the forums.. and vancouver!

I highly recommend Tsunami Sushi.. it\'s not all you can eat, but it\'s one of the best sushi places in vancouver :p and it\'s the only sushi place with the floating/revolving boats.

Also, Tsunami sushi prepares quality wild fish (not farmed), and the owner is very picky when it comes to the quality of the ingredients used in the food and on the general cleanliness of the place.

Anyway try it and let us know if you liked it!!

BTW, where are you orginally from?
    B)
  17. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

ryan, where is tsunami sushi located anyway?
  18. fro

fro Full Member

lol thanks babyblues...yah i guess im jus not use to it i dun eat it too often..but i do like california roles and wut not but i jus wanna be able to eat the sushi too it luks so pretti...hah i duno wut the hell..so yah ill keep tryin it and let u knoB)
  19. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

babyblues:

1025 robson... (in the robson galleria)

it\'s at the corner of robson and burrard.... right above the rocky mountain chocolate factory.. u have to go up the stairs.. i hope that helps

also.. since you like sushi, you will really appreciate the food because it\'s japanese owned and so there\'s a greater attention to quality than most non-japanese owned sushi places :p
  20. yakaike

yakaike Full Member

Most of those sushi restaurants are :sick: .
    Especially all you can eat places! They use cheap, bad quality fish! THats why its \"all you can eat\" Nasty.
    Most places are owned by chinese or korean which are nasty most of the time.
    The best sushi restaurant is Takumi Sushi in Burnaby near lougheed mall. This place uses the best quality fish and yummy foods. Its actually owned by japanese and run by japanese people so its GOOOOD! GOod and FAST service, Good food! A little more pricy than those all you can eat places but WORTH it! You have to try it out! I go there at lease once a week!:)