Anyone hiring?

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Rachel, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

Just wondering if anyone knows of any places hiring.. especially restaurants. Hoping to get a second job for the summer!
  2. fro

fro Full Member

check ur local newspaper in the back for jobs..there usually are alot for summer!..and if you dont mind traveling the distance to differet locations then you cud check like the province..i live in rmd and theres always places hiring..usually like foggy dew or i just read white spot in the airport i think? B)
  3. canido

canido Full Member

Check out Fedex..they pay $20 an hour. Or even Rona, their starting wage is $9.50.

I don\'t recommend fast food places, they are horrible. lolz
  4. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

there\'s tsunami sushi on robson (next to roots).

i believe they are hiring right now.. you should work there cause you\'ll get awesome staff meals!!
    :)
  5. eklizard

eklizard Full Member

It\'s not food but I think Safeway has some pretty decent wages...
  6. mimoo

mimoo Full Member

no safeway isnt that decent for all that labour...i hab friends that work there. for sure not mcdonalds bc i used to work there. hmM i think that startbucks is hiring...not realli a resturant though. if i find something ill get back too yooh=)
  7. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

if you\'re a UBC student, or know someone who is that can log in for you, check out the career center online.

I used to use it all the time, and they actually have good jobs in all different regions. a friend of mine got a waitressing job and somenoe else got a bartending job.

they put listings on here b/c they like to hire students b/c students tend to work harder

here\'s the link:

Please login or register to view links
  8. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

Yeah, the UBC site is usually pretty good - I\'ve gotten a few nannying jobs.

I have restaurant experience, and retail... so definately avoiding the Micky-Ds. :D

In my experience, newspapers suck. heh... and most of the cool places that hire don\'t really advertise other than a sign in the window :) or an employee... so it seems.
  9. mimoo

mimoo Full Member

Hey, im not sure if youd be interested in this but ill take my chances at posting it anyways. Its at lougheedmall:

GRAINERY CAFE

Several Poslitions Available

KITCHEN PREP: Part-time weekends - Early day shift, will train. COUNTER SERVER: 3 positions required Full-time Day shift Part-time - Evenings & weekends, No experience required. BUS PERSON: 3 positions Lunch shift - Monday - Friday Evenings & weekends. See Carl.
  10. HarajukuLover

HarajukuLover Full Member

Just cuz u don\'t see any postings for restaurant jobs, u can still hand in ur resume so they can keep u in mind in case they will be hiring anytime soon. Places like Cactus Club, Earls, Milestones, etc.
  11. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

well if you want a waitressing job, the ones that usually pay the best tips are honestly family restaurants.

eventhough cactus, earls, red robin, etc..are popular places, their main clientelle is young people....and teenagers don\'t really tip so you\'re not getting too much.

I\'ve had alot of friends who have worked at white spot and apparently they get good tips....and you don\'t have to deal with obnoxious drunks
  12. princessice

princessice Full Member

the cactus club on broadway was hiring for waitresses and hostesses a couple of weeks ago but i dont know if they are still
  13. MBslr

MBslr Full Member

Check out the Classifieds online at:

Please login or register to view links

Post edited by: mbslr, at: 2006/03/30 14:47
  14. x_heartz

x_heartz Full Member

Ryan wrote:
    really :woohoo: do u know wut positions there are?
  15. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

Ryan wrote:
    Cheers Ryan! I dropped off a resume and they called me for an interview this Tuesday! Wish me luck...
  16. Viv1985

Viv1985 Full Member

Before my freind working for tsunami and it no good. They have high turn around and always hire new staff all time. THey post ad in Vancuver sun all the time. Very bad managment.
  17. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

Good luck Rachel!!.. i really hope you get the job so you can give us the hook ups for free food... haha j/k

:laugh:
  18. mikhalt

mikhalt Member

that tsunami place has great washroom facilities,
    mikhalt
  19. eshen

eshen Full Member

tell us how your interview goes, Rachel..
  20. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

I got the job!

It was a bit weird though, had the interview a couple of hours ago and she wanted me to start tomorrow..

But, I\'m now a server at Tsunami Sushi. Thanks to Ryan!

I\'ll tell you how it goes.. by the way.. they are superstrict on the food discount..