Army & Navy\'s Annual Shoe Sale!!!!!

Discussion in 'Apparel & Shopping' started by Babyblues, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Alright ladies and gentlemen..........i know alot of us have been looking forward to this event, as i have been, lol.

I remember that last year the shoe sale was around this time, so i did a bit of searching, and here is what i found................

THE ANNUAL SHOE SALE IS HERE IN 1 WEEK!

It starts next wednesday, April 19th at 8am.....and remember it is at the DOWNTOWN location.

If you go, i suggest you get there REALLY REALLY early. If possible, don\'t drive b/c parking is nuts around there. you can always take the skytrain and get off at stadium and walk down.

I went last year and i picked up some sweet shoes. i got a pair of bcbg shoes for $30, that even now i see them marked at $150 in the stores!!!!

I\'m not too sure if i can make it this year b/c of course i have to work that day, and i can\'t really be calling in sick, lol...that would just be wrong :(

Well i\'ve attached the flyer for anyone if you\'re interested.

Please login or register to view links

Good luck to anyone who goes!

And happy shopping! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)
  2. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

I\'ve definitely got that marked in my calender! I have an exam that morning... hmmm..

heh.
  3. mk04

mk04 Full Member

i have an exam that morning too:pinch: but thanks for the info babyblues!!!! so this sale is strictly at the downtown location tho??
  4. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

ya, my gf went to the new west location last year, thinking it wouldn\'t be as busy, and they said that they pretty much relocate their inventory to the down town location b/c it\'s bigger and that\'s where it has been known to occur.

I went last year at like 10am and it was packed.

Here\'s a hint: when you\'re there, just grab a basket and start grabbing shoes and put them in. then find a spot and try everything on......there are tons of people working there and grabbing shoes you dont\' want and putting them away, so they\'re used to that. remember, you don\'t wanna lose out on a great sale! ;)
  5. jmw1

jmw1 Full Member

i went to the new west location last year and it still had lots of shoes. I went right near closing and it still have some left but it was still crazy as hell.
  6. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

well they don\'t pull the shoes away from the new west store, it\'s just that they ship the new stuff to the downtown store.

Plus the downtown store has 1/2 their downstairs devoted to the shoe sale so it usually has a whole lot more. YOu just have to keep walking up and down the aisles.

Last year they had like 5 or 6 aisles for just 1 size!! so they do have alot......and look at other aisles b/c people put things away inthe wrong place.

I saw a sweet pair of pumps last year and tried them on b/c i thought they were a size 9 (i wear 8 but it looked like a small 9) and it was actually a 6, but it had the number upside down onthe bottom of the shoe, lol
  7. canido

canido Full Member

Arrrg, i have an exam during the AFTERNOON! >< i wanna go, lately I have been having a shoe fetish.
  8. mk04

mk04 Full Member

just thought i would remind everyone (thanks again babyblues!) that this sale is TOMORROW!!!! maybe cuz im bitter that i cant go since i have an exam then lol.

whoever goes, let us know how it went and if there is anything left for the rest of us so we can check it out later!!
  9. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

Aww, I can\'t go >_< When does it end?! I have to speed up on making my evening dress for the upcoming fashion show of our school, and one of my friend definately needs some nice cheap heels that she\'s comfortable in wearing while walking down that long long runway. XD
  10. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

well i can\'t go either :( but maybe after i\'m done working at 3 i could sneak over, lol.......

but the sale is on until things are gone...the sooner the better to go
  11. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

well i did get a chance to go to the shoe sale tonight. When i went there is was still absolute mayhem!! I went at like 5ish

They still had alot of selection of shoes, but people were nabbing them left right and center...

i picked up a pair of pink stilettos for $29 so it was nice.

I asked a girl working there, and she said that they\'re bringing in more shoes tomorrow and friday and that the best time to come is first thing in the morning (they work at 9:30am)

they still have a ton of styles if you\'re btwn sizes 5-7, but size 8 and 9 are pretty much picked through
  12. Friendster

Friendster Full Member

What did everyone buy at this sale? Post pictures!
  13. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

haha.. i enjoyed reading this story.. thanks MaterialGirl.. lots of lessons to be learned for all those crazy shoe shoppers B)
  14. UBooboo

UBooboo Full Member

way funny \"article\" !! I went yesterday at 6pm and it was crazy just getting a parking spot let alone a pair of shoes!
  15. UBooboo

UBooboo Full Member

:p

Post edited by: UBooboo, at: 2006/04/20 07:10
  16. Anna19

Anna19 New Member

I went to the langley location yesturday. Got there around 7:30 pm....and it was like a ZOO!!!!

...spent over an hour looking and came out with nothing!!
  17. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

Checked out the Vancouver location today... and yesterday..heee.

Got a pair yesterday and today, and I\'m glad I went again.. they are slowly putting out new shoes every half an hour, snagged a pair of brown heels right when he put them out.

It was a zoo in there.. people even took other peoples own shoes (by accident, yet crazy) as they were trying on whatever they found in the store!
  18. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

ya it\'s completely crazy, lol.....i was looking around the floor to see if there were any other ones i wanted....i found a sweet pair of stilettos in brown snake skin, but all the ones were either too big or too small :(

I\'ve spent wayyyyy too much money lately so i\'m limiting myself to 1 pair this time, lol. although i\'m still in love with my bcbg ones i bought last year :)
  19. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

Rachel, Babyblues, Ubooboo: Post up pix of the shoes you bought for us to view :)
  20. UBooboo

UBooboo Full Member

Sorry, I didn\'t get any shoes. Found a pair of pointy flats but it wasn\'t the right size... so no pix!