Beef vs Chicken vs Pork

Discussion in 'Health/Exercise' started by xsalesjunkiex, Apr 19, 2006.

1. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

ok.. recently, there was a dairy cow found in bc that had mad cow disease, and we\'ve all heard about how people got sick or died in the UK prompting the government to ban the whole idea of using dead animal carcuses in feed for farm animals.

and we\'ve also heard lots about the chicken/bird flu ..

but what about pork? a lot of people think that pigs are filthy animals, yet, how come there are no stories of people dying or getting sick from eating pork?

?

Post edited by: ryan, at: 2006/04/19 02:40
  2. canido

canido Full Member

My friend suggested we should eat lamb instead. But then i told him that the mad cow disease has spread to lambs (i guess now \"mad lamb disease?\")

eating pork..yumz, chaw siu is pork and tha\'ts awesome. I <3 meat, i can\'t live without it...i think we need to genetically engineer a superior breed of meat products that has a supreme immune system. ahahahha
  3. Material Girl

Material Girl Full Member

When in doubt, turn vegan :p
  4. mimoo

mimoo Full Member

i stopped eatting beef like a year ago...not sure why...i see that its cruel to eat cows, since they already provide us with milk. i dont eat pork that often, and chicken is an occasional source...i gotta say, i love seafood though. hoo doesnt? veggies are okie too=)
  5. Sales! Sales! Sales!

Sales! Sales! Sales! Full Member

Mimoo, you say it\'s cruel to eat cows so you choose not to. But do you carry leather handbags or wear leather shoes? Because wearing cow products are just as cruel as consuming them dahhhling. :pinch:

Post edited by: sales! sales! sales!, at: 2006/04/25 17:15
  6. ritika

ritika Mallvibes Member

I heard that chicken gives you a cetain type of cancer.
    I'm not sure which one.
    But I remember just recently we had to some sort of weird research on it for a class.
    But yeah apparently chicken if left even the slightest bit uncooked then it can cause you those cancers from eating it even every so often.
  7. princessice

princessice Full Member

mmmmm chicken is soooo yummy!!!

well, beef is 'safe' to eat raw, but really, its best to cook all meat throughly before you eat it...sorry, but i REALLY dont understand how people can look at a slab of meat that is dripping red and be able to eat it. i realize its a choice, but ugh!
  8. fro

fro Full Member

yesh well my religion tells me to eat kosher meat so all the meat i get is from diff farms not the ones with all those new germs...nunthin has ever been reported frum those farms since they breed their own stock :unsure: lukily...but i dunt eat any pork jus chicken and beef...LUV chicken!..lol and yesh i agree medium rare meat and stuff yuck not my best bet thats y ppl get sick..as for pigs they umm eat their own "waste" so i duno how i would feel about eating them..just my opinion!:sideways:
  9. ritika

ritika Mallvibes Member

Gosh, around here my boyfriend and my father both believe that beef causes cancers.
    Chicken = Proven..
    But now its impossible to eat beef around here.
    I swear I'm going vegetarian.
    Anyone know any good vegetarian dishes?
  10. Qoo

Qoo Full Member

My bf turn veggi a few years ago make me turn veggi too but I didn't lose weight or gain weight.... but I guess I am more healthy

11. marchblossom

marchblossom New Member

Going vegan can be healthy but I believe in moderation. Just eat moderately and treat yourself every now and then. I don't take much beef but I do enjoy my chicken, pork and fish, and other seafood. And take a lot of vegetables and fruits. Need those antioxidants to keep skin in good condition. Don't forget 8 glasses of water too!:wink:
  12. tiger16

tiger16 New Member

it's all a brain wash. maple leaf is the way to go.
  13. ceeeee01

ceeeee01 Full Member

white meat is the most healthiest.:D
  14. clary

clary Full Member

I agree that moderation is the key...although people do say that if you want to maintain weight, eat more chicken & fish (they have less fat)...& as for chicken, definitely white meat or at least don't eat the skin
  15. xoxoChocolate

xoxoChocolate Full Member

i guess with the mad cow and bird flu, it's best to eat fish?
  16. XcessiVe

XcessiVe Full Member

sushi's always #1 in my books. U can't go wrong with sushi! :smile:
  17. xoxoChocolate

xoxoChocolate Full Member

mmm..somehow i find raw fish (especailly salmon) very yummy:cool:
  18. clary

clary Full Member

ooo...I LUV sushi..or more accurately I luv sashimi (b/c got to watch out for all that rice in sushi) but try to eat the WILD salmon b/c most stores (especially those ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT ones) provide only farm-bred ones, which studies have shown to have cancer-causing agents in them
  19. jorge.jorge

jorge.jorge Full Member

if mad cow disease is goign to stop you from eating beef
    and the bird flu is going to stop you from eating chhicken..
    why can pollutants stop you from eating fish??

lol i love sushi, beef, and chicken btw...

GO TOFU!!!!lol:wavespin:
  20. moufafa

moufafa Full Member

eww i hate seafood i dunno why i just think it nasty
    i eat mostly chicken(my friends say its bcuz im black but i just love it) i ocasionally eat beef and i pretty much never eat pork and its not bcuz of viruses or diseases just wat i prefer
    and i think it was mimoo or sumthin who said its cruel to eat beef bcuz cows provide us wit milk but u love chicken and wouldnt it be just as cruel to eat them since they provide us with eggs???
    oh ya and for those of you who eat fish...i suggest you dont buy the belly of the fish seen as thats usually where all of the worms are:p