Best Buy Price Guarantee

Discussion in 'Apparel & Shopping' started by Babyblues, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Well, as all of you know, i bought a laptop from bestbuy last week. i spent $1199 and all i got was the computer.

well.....today i opened the "compusmart" flyer i got and saw my computer for $999.99 and it came with a free epson all in one printer (it was a manufacturer mail in rebate)

so i went to bestbuy with the flyer and the printout from the internet (to prove that i saw it and it was the same comp)

all in all, they gave me the printer for free, and instead of giving me a $200 credit to my c/c for the difference, they gave me a $200 gift card.

The service was great, and the employees really wanted to help me and make sure that they kept my business.

and they say that girls don't know anything when it comes to electronics, lol. :)
  2. jmw1

jmw1 Full Member

That kind of sucks that they gave you a giftcard. I mean, I would prefer money back because i\'m not big into buying electronics. I guess you could always find something to put it towards though. Still good they were nice and let you return it
  3. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

good stuff... best buy is definitely big enough to offer price protection.

on a side not, i really like shopping at best buy actually.. i find the sales staff aren\'t pushy at all and they\'re very good at product placement eg: i have absolutely no problem finding dvds for tv shows there. :laugh:
  4. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

see, their price guarantee doesn\'t cover \"manufactuers mail in rebates\" so they didn\'t even have to give it to me in the first place.

I was pretty much prepared to return my laptop and order the one from \"compusmart\" since it was $200 cheaper AND came with a free printer (worth $200). and it wasn\'t one of those crapy lexmark ones they give away, it was actually an epson all-in-one.

So they didn\'t even have to go out of their way to accomodate my needs......in the end when i walked out the door last night there i pretty much got $400 out of them through the gift card and printer.

It doesn\'t bother me that they gave me a gift card b/c i was actually wanting to buy a dvd burner to burn dvd\'s from tv. if i wasn\'t an electronics person, then i may have insisted on the cash back. but it didn\'t bother me.

The customer service at best buy has always been top notch and they\'ve always answered all of my questions. Plus whenever i go and buy any type of electronics i always do extensive research BEFORE i go so i know exactly what i\'m suppose to ask for and look for......hence why i asked here about some info on laptops before i bought mine :)
  5. Bright Ideas

Bright Ideas Full Member

Bestbuy is good even though the staff seems untrained. but they do offer competitive pricing. I got 2 cordless fone sets (4 fones in total) for a hot price so I\'m happy :lol:
  6. fro

fro Full Member

yesh yesh i agree i like their return policys and stuff..but again baaad service no ones ever around to help relli not enuf staff but maybe thats how they sell for less?..
  7. fruitylicious

fruitylicious Full Member

awwww...that's awesome!! congrats to you..lol..i love feel good stories..