Boxing day sales! where will you be?

Discussion in 'Sales, Coupons & Finds' started by mr.x, Dec 17, 2005.

1. mr.x

mr.x Full Member

So where\'s everyone going to be on boxing day?

i don\'t know if i\'m crazy enough to line up earlier in the morning for the door crashers, but i\'m definietely going to be going to:

futureshop
    bestbuy
    a&b sounds

gonna see if i can get a deal on a new home theatre system.
  2. ocheng

ocheng New Member

I\'ll probably be home sleeping ... since it\'s going there\'s gonna be boxing WEEK ... so yeah :p
  3. Ruby

Ruby Full Member

Coquitlam Center since its near by or else MetroTown but its all going to be so busy! >_< but anyways yay shopping!~ hope they have big sales
  4. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

i\'m definatley NOT going to metrotown.. last year i saw fights in the parking lot over parking spots...:blink:
  5. c.sham

c.sham New Member

lol ill go metro..by bus tho =|...helpin find parking space is so troublesome haha..

Post edited by: c.sham, at: 2005/12/19 21:32
  6. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Ya, but the key is to go to the malls earlier so you don\'t get caught in all the crowds and nasty people. I\'m usually done the entire metrotown within about 2hrs depending on how the sales are.
    One year my gf\'s and i actually went to metro when they opened and then went home, dropped off our stuff, and headed down to robson. Robson in the later afternoon isn\'t so bad as when the stores first open...whereas metro is worse in the afternoon!
  7. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

whaaat so robsons worse in the morning?
  8. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

I know that last year Robson was pretty crazy, and when i saw pictures it was nuts. But when i headed down there around noonish, after finishing at metro, it actually wasn\'t that bad.
    of course if you desperately want something at a particular store on robson, then go.
    Hell, i\'ve been boxing day shopping since i was 13 so i\'ve learned a few tricks of the trade, lol ;)
  9. April

April Full Member

At home, eating and being merry.

I don\'t find the hassle and stress of boxing day shopping to be worth it. The deals really aren\'t that great.
  10. hesp

hesp New Member

going to do some shopping online and might some stores but the deals are getting worse every year. The good deals are usually around mid Jan when they clear everything that is left over especially winter items. Make sure you buy the province newspaper tommorow and the Sun on Saturday so you can peruse the deals and make a list of where u want to hit first
  11. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

Well, Boxing Day has passed, and I didn\'t go to any sales. I was content staying home, and relaxing. :)
  12. wingies

wingies New Member

all the sales suck! i was totally willing and prepared to spend money but did not find a single sale worth going to except Mexx. Aritzia has a $2 off sale.. i saw a shirt originally for $35, now $33 WOW!
  13. kelelain

kelelain Full Member

Well, the sales weren\'t that bad, granted I only bought a nice t-shirt and shoes. Feetfirst had 50% off everything(regular ~$110, now ~$55, and they have good shoes! 50% off most things in Aritzia, an extra 40% off last ticket at SmartSet . . .
  14. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

Gap had a pretty good sale.. but the white coat I wanted had either sold had out or only had XL left.. I wonder how much it would cost to get a coat taken in at a seamstress..
  15. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

^ wow i never though about that..if stuff too big just take it to a seamstress! haha good idea.
  16. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Ya, at Sport Check @ metro i got a nice columbia jacket for $149, regular $249...one of those 3-in-1 jackets.........very very good price.
    Isn\'t that the one that\'s closing???
    Most places had their sales end today, but there are still some going on for the rest of the week.
    Oh....and Future Shop is still crazy busy with people. Word of advice....check online for the item you want first as it\'s much less stress, and think, it is also free shipping :)
  17. mr.x

mr.x Full Member

hey babyblues.. just wondering.. did you get the canon s500? i remember u sayin that you got a camera from futureshop for $200 off retail price... if you got that camera.. i\'m jealous!! :angry:
  18. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Ryeguy, you mean the Canon Elph 7.1?? Ya i was looking at getting that, then read some reviews and the lcd screen seems to crack alot b/c it\'s sooo small. I got the little black one, the 8MP. On Future Shop it was only $150 off, but would you believe when I went to Costco here, they wanted $250 MORE than what i paid for it??? So i\'m very happy i got it. it\'s gotten alot of really good reviews. It was btwn that one and the Canon A620. It was $50 cheaper on futureshop.ca, but it was only $50 off the price. so i figured, buy the more expensive for $50 more, when actuality, it\'s like $150-$200 more expensive camera.
    I also got my hands on the door crasher canon printer that they had for $100. I did research on that one too, and in the states they wanted $120 american, so i know i got a good price. It was 1/2 price on boxing day, and i know i\'ll mainly use it for picture quality.