Car Shopping

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by roxXxy85, Apr 16, 2006.

1. roxXxy85

roxXxy85 Full Member

anyone know of any deals car dealerships are having this time around...besides the grad program cuz i havnt gradded yet...so that wont be useful. so yah...like cheap financing rates/leasing rates ie: below 5%
  2. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

see it depends on what kind of car that you want, and how much you\'re looking at spending, and whether you want to finance or lease or what not.

i have a friend that\'s a leasing manager at a car dealership so let me know what kind you\'re thinking
  3. roxXxy85

roxXxy85 Full Member

im considering everything but moreso on leasing on a car in the 30 and under range...and preferably a sports
  4. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

see i have a mazda 3 sport edition and it\'s absolutely awesome....i\'ve had other types of sporty cars, but madza\'s are good
  5. r96

r96 Full Member

You can always check Please login or register to view links.
  6. Anna19

Anna19 New Member

I bought my car form LOUGHEED ACURA, and so did my sister. They have the greatest service in the lower mainland. I searched for my first car for over 6 months and been to many dealerships. In the end, I went back there and got my Acura EL

Spencer is the salesman name
  7. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

roxXxy85 wrote:
    If you are thinking of leasing a true sports car, you won\'t have much luck with a car in the price range of under $30,000. All true sports cars that are worth driving are over $55,000 at the minimum. Even the Honda S2000 is over $50,000. If you are looking at under $30,000 then you should be looking at Sport COUPES instead of a Sports Car. For the 30 price range you should try the Honda Prelude, Acura RSX, or Mazda MX-5 :)

Post edited by: 604jase, at: 2006/04/24 17:20
  8. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

but with those sports cars you also have to realize that you will pay more for insurance (they tend to get broken into more, and b/c they\'re a 2 door) and more for gas (larger engines) so just make sure you know what you want before you go out and get it.
  9. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

With a sports car, you\'re bound to pay more for gas because you won\'t be able to choose the REGULAR gas. You\'ll have to go for the SUPREME or SUPREME PLUS. Sports cars don\'t necessarily use that much gas Babyblues. In general, SUV\'s and larger vehicles consume more gas. I was test driving several cars a few days ago at the Auto Mall in Richmond because I\'m on the market for a new ride...so far I have my eye on the Lexus R400h. Very sleek SUV with neat options. When the car is in reverse, there\'s a television screen on the dashboard that acts as a hidden camera which displays the rearview of your car so you can see where (or who) you\'re backing up on. Nice option to avoid hitting any pedestrians or backing up into objects :)
  10. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

no i was referring to the RSX and the MX-5 that take up more gas than other sport coups that arent\' in that high of a market....i was looking into an RSX, but after everyting that i wanted with my car the final price jumped up to $35000.....so i switched to a Mazda 3 Sport (although 4 door it\'s quite sporty) and i actually prefer having the 4 door, although i didn\'t think i would, and i got it fully loaded for a complete steal :)
  11. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

What does the Mazda 3 Sport look like? Is it a hatchback-type car? Please post up pix. Thanks :)
  12. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

see i got this color, and it\'s as fully loaded as you can get, in manual (standard) and it actually has quite some power [img size=300]http://www.mallhours.com/vancouvermalls/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/Mazda.jpg[/img]

Post edited by: babyblues, at: 2006/04/25 22:15
  13. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

Did you buy your Mazda at the Auto Mall? Cuz I have a friend who works there ;) He\'s considered a stud so you might have noticed him B)
  14. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

Your ride looks nice :) Race you sometime ok? :p

Post edited by: 604jase, at: 2006/04/25 22:16
  15. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

no i got mine from Morrey Mazda and had awesome service. i would totally recommend going there.

I originally wanted the RX8, but it\'s was way too high for my price range, and my mom test drove the mazda 3 regular one, and i fell in love with the way it handled, so i wanted it

Post edited by: babyblues, at: 2006/04/25 22:20
  16. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

haha, hey i can race ya any time, lol.....no it\'s a nice car and after i\'ve had it (its only been 6 months, actually today, lol) and i don\'t really notice it as a four door, b/c it doesn\'t drive like a \"family\" car
  17. HarajukuLover

HarajukuLover Full Member

Babyblues wrote:
    Hi Babyblues! :) You\'re right about payin a bit more insurance for sports cars. My sports car is a 2-door but da insurance isn\'t any diff for a 2-door or a 4-door I believe. I paid about $2500 da first year for insurance and I noticed that each year it\'s decreasin cuz ICBC gives discounts each year. And I\'ve almost reaching da Roadstar level so even more discounts comin soon! YAY!!! As for da gas, I use supreme and it takes about $65 to fill up my tank completely. Gas prices are insaaaaaaaaane now too so that sucks! :angry: :pinch: :dry: I bet you hate to drive ur friends around now that da gas prices are so high huh? :)
  18. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

Babyblues, actually you shouldn\'t race me. I wouldn\'t want you to get a speeding ticket :p
  19. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

How much insurance did you pay for your Mazda hatchback, Babyblues?
  20. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

see i only paid $1600 for a year\'s insurance.....cheaper than my friends jetta and civic (although civic\'s are the highest b/c they\'re the most stolen ones, lol).

actually, my mazda was cheaper than my old cavalier\'s insurance, and i had the same 45% discount for roadstars......

Hahaha jase, then how many speeding tickets have u got???? lol