Class 5 Road Test- Vancouver

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by vancity2010, Jun 6, 2010.

1. vancity2010

vancity2010 Full Member

I am going to book the test in a few months and I was interested in knowing what to expect....

I will be taking it somewhere in Vancouver as I live DT. Can anybody give any details as to what the route/routes are.

Is it worth it to take any driving lessons to prepare also?
  2. BCSparkyGirl

BCSparkyGirl Full Member

didn't you ask the exact same thing about Port Coquitlam?
  3. thischiq

thischiq Full Member

^ someone else
    Please login or register to view links
  4. BCSparkyGirl

BCSparkyGirl Full Member

^thanks, I couldn't find it, and I thought it was worded the same, going by my rusty memory.

I will shut up now (walks away sheepishly.....)
  5. kiwee

kiwee Full Member

there's a road test place in vancouver? :confused: I went to the burnaby one..anyways RMB TO SHOULDER CHECK! i always forget to shoulder check when i do right turns lol! drive within speed limit! When I did my class 5 it was easy haha all you do is drive on freeways..speaking of freeways make sure when u merge..like beginning to merge do the "mirror, signal, shoulder check" when ur in the middle of the merging lane look again and when it's safe merge in when it's broken line =) that's all i can rmb haha!
  6. thischiq

thischiq Full Member

HAHA, aw !!
    if you scroll to the bottom of the thread (like this one) theres a box called similar threads, i found it there :)
  7. xneener

xneener Moderator Staff Member

why can't people just post in the damn right section < / end rant >

topic being moved to the right section.
  8. jkfrocks

jkfrocks Full Member

I'm not sure which branch it is, but I did mine @ West Vancouver. It's the location near...Dunbar? W Broadway? I don't quite remember. Anyways, the highway that was tested is Marine Drive, near UBC so it wasn't much of a highway and quite easy.
  9. eshen

eshen Full Member

^ OH.. I think your talking about the one in point grey. Thats the location I did my test at. It was fairly easy. If you're a safe driver then you really don't have to worry. Just take it easy. And if you have bad habits, I recommend you get a few lessons....

Oh yes and its better to book sooner than later. during the summer, there will be a long waitlist. good luck!
  10. jkfrocks

jkfrocks Full Member

Yes, Point Grey sounds right!! Thank you.
    The only "tricky" part was when I had to parallel park on a super steep hill (remember the way your wheels turn!!!). I agree with the above poster, do get a few lessons beforehand. I found out that I had some bad habits that I was not aware of and needed to be corrected. It doesn't really matter if you're a good/safe driver because if you have bad habits, they may still fail you. (I.e. if you don't know how far out to drive your car when waiting for a left turn)