Coffee Shops & FREE wireless internet!

Discussion in 'Food & Restaurants' started by xsalesjunkiex, Mar 26, 2006.

1. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

Any of you like to geek out and go to coffee shops to study or get work done?

A lot of coffee shops these days offer free wireless Internet, and it\'s a good alternative to going to the library.

I\'m currently at Bread Garden on Robson and Thurlow. It\'s 24hr, Plenty of comfortable seating, cozy environment, decent selection of food and drinks, and you can order beer until 2am :p

stay as long as you want... just make sure you order something and come with a fully charged laptop battery (there\'s no power outlets here).. since my battery lasts about 4 -5 hrs, i can usually get a lot done here :p

Anyone else know any good coffee shops with free wireless internet?
  2. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

I think i\'ve actually seen some Starbucks advertising that they now have it.....but not too sure so don\'t quote me :)
  3. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

Most of the Starbucks I\'ve been to you have to buy credit to get onto their wireless internet. But maybe that\'s changed...

I heard all of Toronto is getting blanketed with wireless internet connection but you have to pay.
  4. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

yeah.. i\'m pretty sure you have to pay, otherwise, you\'d see a horde of students with their laptops taking over the place :p
  5. x_heartz

x_heartz Full Member

wowwwww... thats kewlll.... except.. i dont hav a laptopppp :(
  6. r96

r96 Full Member

I saw the site sometime ago, it has pretty much every coffee shops with wireless access:
    Please login or register to view links
  7. canido

canido Full Member

Blenz at Garden City and Blundell has wireless. I went there to study, but it\'s crowded! >< There are also power plugs if anyone needs it, so it\'s not bad. They don\'t kick you out either!

Maybe it\'s exam season, Tim HOrtons (no wireless) is all filled up too. I am trying to find a good place to study~.
  8. snacker

snacker New Member

I go to The Grind, it\'s mostly filled with langara and UBC students. It\'s on Main and E. King Edward.
    There\'s a couple down main actually. The waves coffee shop also has wireless.

I don\'t know about free? but it\'s not very expensive. The grind has good coffee too and the people are always nice. There\'s a piano there and whenever people feel like they\'re dying out they go and play some keys. People also bring guitars..etc.
  9. LuxeLife

LuxeLife Full Member

The Grind! I used to go there alot. Great place to chill with friends and study. :)
  10. byu

byu Full Member

blenz at garden city and blundell is awesome the owner Abraham is like the nicest guy in the world!

they have like a power bar set up and everything they want u to study there

its not alwaz crowded there's rushes and than they're gone
  11. ko0ty

ko0ty Elite Member

Are any of these coffee shops opened 24 hours?
  12. ryeguy

ryeguy Webmaster Staff Member

yes.. the grind is. :sideways:
  13. Chicken Balls

Chicken Balls Full Member

blenz on robson and the one on denman!
  14. Qoo

Qoo Full Member

Any good place to go in Vancouver area? I live in downtown but I try to avoid paying for parking. Makes me has to go all the way to Richmond for free wireless internet cafe.
  15. r96

r96 Full Member

Most if not all Starbucks have wireless access. I know the one at Tinseltown does. I've never try it though...
  16. sdosanjh_90

sdosanjh_90 Full Member

i ahvent yet
  17. missamyloo

missamyloo Full Member

There is a coffee shop on main and 10th or 11th called Waves. It's open 24 hours. The coffee isn't great but free wireless!