deep fried ice cream

Discussion in 'Food & Restaurants' started by honeycake, Apr 20, 2006.

1. honeycake

honeycake Full Member

hi! does anyone know a place or restaurant in vancouver/richmond/burnaby that sell deep fried ice cream? or even deep fried chocolate bar? thanks!
  2. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

Saigon (on the 2nd floor) across from Rugby\'s on W. Broadway (by Oak) sells Vietnamese deep fried ice cream. Good stuff.
  3. roxXxy85

roxXxy85 Full Member

im gonna sound really naive asking this but....how exactly do you get deep fried ice cream.....
  4. michelle_xo

michelle_xo Full Member

how exactly do you make them?
    it sounds awesome...
    i wanna try one too!!! are they good?
  5. canido

canido Full Member

they are awesome if the place does it right, at some places...it becomes soggy. Usually these type of food can be found in a Chinese cafe style restaruant..or vietnamnese restaurant!

But omg...everyone has to try DEEP FRIED MARS BAR! it is sooo good, once you pop one in..you can never stop. I ate this during Nibbles and Bits event at Richmond 2 years ago...the owner said that they have a place in Steveston. I went to find it, but it was no where to be found. ><

But yes, for food lovers out there..you should go to NIbbles and Bites (at Thompson community center) usually. You get to sample food from well-know restaurants for only a few bux. Ahan Thai was there too, 2 years ago. Some places give you coupons that you can use if they go to their restaurants.
  6. Carmui

Carmui Full Member

wow i never heard of deep fried ice cream before.....
    sounds quite interesting to eat! =O
  7. Sales! Sales! Sales!

Sales! Sales! Sales! Full Member

Oh snap! I haven\'t eaten deep fried ice cream for so long now! It\'s good but I don\'t miss it cuz there\'s just so many desserts out there to choose from! :) Gotta watch the stomach bulge! :p
  8. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

Love the deep fried mars bar!! Reminds me of a hot fresh baked brownie. I know a place in Nanaimo.. on the island that is.
  9. honeycake

honeycake Full Member

i\'m not really sure how they make it but i heard you take a frozen ice cream and cover it with batter then you deep fried it...heard it\'s really yummy
  10. michelle_xo

michelle_xo Full Member

that sounds really good, i\'m gonna have to try one!!!
  11. canido

canido Full Member

Check out this page for a recipe and a diagram! mexican style Fried Ice cream~ unique and different.

Please login or register to view links

It reminds me, have you guys tried deep fried TWINKIE?? it\'s the absolute best...like from everything i tried, deep fried twinkie is the best invention everrr.

Post edited by: ryan, at: 2006/04/22 07:11
  12. Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle

Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle Full Member

I\'m goin to a frenz backyard BBQ now. Hope they have ice cream :p
  13. fro

fro Full Member

deep fried banana\'s with vanilla ice cream is the best!!:p
  14. Fishie

Fishie New Member

where can i find deep fried chocolate bars?
  15. azezam

azezam Full Member

Wing Nuts downtown... Please login or register to view links
  16. jennydoll_604

jennydoll_604 New Member

ánybody that hasn't tried green tea ice cream has to, its amazingly good!
  17. careroll

careroll Full Member

there use to be a place on broadway that does... but i don't remember the name =( sorry it's inbtw main and oak....

they have fried banana with ice cream at banana leaf though =) hmmm just as goood!!
  18. applegummy

applegummy Full Member

i typed up a short explanation of how deep fried ice-cream is made in the thread "deep fried mars bar". go check it out if you're interested in the process.
  19. eshen02

eshen02 Full Member

mmm that sounds so cool!

is there anywhere else besides the Saigon place that sells it?

anywhere in burnaby perhaps?
  20. lharder

lharder New Member

WingNuts is on Main St between King Edward and 33rd. They have Snickers, Mars and Smores.
    My fave was the Mars bar. I have tried them all but Mars is the best!
    Would be good if they had some ice cream to eat with it. Just make sure if you do eat it you bring a friend. It's too much for 1 person.