DVD Recorders

Discussion in 'Mobile/Electronics' started by Babyblues, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Hey, was looking at the bestbuy midnight only sale and saw some good prices on DVD recorders (although now i\'m too late and all the prices jumped up..aarrrgghh!)

Was wondering if anyone has any and if so, what brands are good and what brands do you stay away from?
  2. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

hi babyblues.. you can\'t go wrong with sony or pioneer... that\'s my opinion ;)
  3. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

ya i\'ve seen alot of toshiba, jvc, lg and what not.

bestbuy had one listed at $130 off the price!!! man i wish i had gotten it, lol b/c now it\'s back up
  4. eklizard

eklizard Full Member

I have a pioneer and it\'s been pretty good. You should consider getting one with a hard drive, that means you can record to a hard disk and there is room for lots of shows!!! Well worth the extra money.
  5. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

eklizard, how much did you pay for yours? i\'ve seen a complete broad range in the prices too
  6. eklizard

eklizard Full Member

I can\'t remember exactly but it wasn\'t cheap - probably around $500.

You can buy it as best buy for $450 and my girl friend, she has a toshiba which she loves and it\'s on Best Buy for $350 on sale (she too cannot live without here hard disk recorder). Definitely more money but you can record lots more hours without being restricted to what you can fit onto 1 disk. (the only down side is that I think both of these only uses -R/w disks). Also, you can copy from your hard drive onto disk if there is something that you want to keep and you can edit out the commercials too.

You might want to check out Best Buy\'s web site. There is definitely a huge range in prices but for me, it was worth it to pay more money for a hard disk. Really depends on how much you want to record.