Ear Piercing

Discussion in 'Makeup/Skin' started by Babyblues, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Hey I was looking at getting my ears pierced again, and was wondering where a good place to go would be (burnaby/vancouver area). It\'s been a long time since i got my first holes put in so i don\'t really know of a good place to go, and i\'m kinda \"iffy\" about going to some place like \"claire\'s\" b/c are they clean or not?
    If anyone could let me know that would be great
  2. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

I\'ve actually been thinking of getting my ears pierced myself... but I don\'t think I will, because of all the soccer, and other sports I play. :p

Anyways, don\'t go to Claire\'s. It\'s NOT clean. I know people who have gone there that got ear infections right after, but then went to another place, and were fine.

But I don\'t know any places that are good, sorry. :(
  3. mimoo

mimoo Full Member

There\'s that store near claire\'s, its like the salon-ish store.(its beside access.) It\'s pretty clean there, I got all of mines done there and the days following, I didn\'t get any infections. Though yes, it does get in the ways of sports; I had to tape my cartilage in order to play hockey, where later, that got stuck to my hair>.< Wasn\'t a pretty sight.

p.s. it\'s pretty cheap there too for the piercing and the good quality stainless steel earrings.

Oh yeah this is at metrotown=)

Post edited by: mimoo, at: 2006/02/27 18:05
  4. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

sacred heart is good. Please login or register to view links
    or next on granville
  5. canido

canido Full Member

Dont\' go to Ardenes..its\' worse than clairs. Althought it is cheap, they lack the experience. My friend was sitting at Ardenes for an hour because the gun was stuck on her ear.

Not only that, they did not apologize nor compensate her for the trouble she went through.
  6. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

thanks everyone for responding.
    ardenes, isn\'t that in metro and brentwood?
    that salonish in metro, that\'s the one pretty much across from the guess store right?
    Ya i know that i want to go some place where it will be clean and all. that\'s my main concern.
  7. Missy85

Missy85 Full Member

make sure you don\'t get it done with a gun piercing, they can scar your ears, go to sacred heart or next or west coast piercing, they all use needles which is safer =)
  8. fro

fro Full Member

yah i wanted to get my cartilge pierced( the top part of ear) but i heard that they dont do it at all those places now just like specialized parlours with a needle?..is dat true..and besides i think the needle wud be better for up there..ill prob go to geronimo tattoo in richmond..its rite across richmond center..i got my tatty done there..small place but they did use new needles and everythin..i jus dunt kno if they have a piercer rite now!:)
  9. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

sacred heart tattoo then i guess is the best place to get it done?? Ok, i\'m not one for pain, lol. Honestly, how bad is it when they do it with a needle? lol. I think that\'s why i\'ve waited so long to get mine done (my others\' were done when i was a baby)
    Same with why i won\'t get a tattoo, even though i want one so bad, i\'m a chicken when it comes to needles, lol
  10. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

yess sacred heart, because needles are better than guns. and i\'ve read in other forums and they suggested sacred heart.
  11. fro

fro Full Member

so i checked out sacred heart and there quiet pricey:S ..but then again those higher end businesses are always..wen i got my belly pierced at next i payed 120$ for a jewled barbell..wen u can get it at sum lower end places for like 80$ for jewel barbell...i duno i think ima luk around at sum lower end BUT not dirrty lol places..its a bit much for ear piercing :( ..the good thing about the higher end places is that sumtimes if you keep the recipt if your hole closes u can go bak and theyll do it for free within a time period i think..thats what they told me at next..but i guess u cud go anywhere just check with the piercer how much experience and pictures and stuff to c if they know what their doin :cheer:
  12. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

well when you say pricey, how much is sacred heart for just ear piercing?
  13. mk04

mk04 Full Member

i actually recommend a gun for piercing as long as its a reputable place cuz needle sounds like too much pain for me anyway, with a gun its done in like 2 secs, but its up to u :)
  14. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

guns are hard to clean.. = not clean.
  15. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

i\'m in favor of the gun because it\'s quick and easy like mk04 said :p

i think as long as you clean your ear often with alcohol, you should be fine :laugh:
  16. kaori

kaori Full Member

I think that the needles are better. Each needle they use is either disposable, or sterilezed in an autoclave which kills all the bacteria and viruses. The piercing guns cannot be properly sterillized and are usually just wiped down with rubbing alcohol, which doesn\'t kill viruses. It\'s best to go to proffesional that is trained to do piercings then to go to a kiddy jewelry store who\'s salespeople learn to do piercings and do not know about proper sanitation and sterilization.

I\'ve had my belly button pierced, tounge, and eyebrow pierced (in the past) with needles.

I\'ve had my ears pierced with a gun and almost all of the ones done by the gun has been infected.

Don\'t be shy to ask the person doing the piercing how long they have been doing this for and if you can see their sterlizing equipment.

Have fun!!;)
  17. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

thanks kaori for the input.
    I know i\'m a chicken for needles, but i think i will go to sacred heart and get them done there. After reading everyone\'s posts, i think i\'m just gonna bite the bullit and get the needles done.
    Now, i have to find time to go down to sacred heart....ok here is my next question.

Some have mentioned different locations for sacred heart. Ok, how many are there, and which is probably the better location to go to.
  18. fro

fro Full Member

yah i got all my ear piercings (on the bottom of my ear) done with a gun..and it did get a lil swollen but no infections..depends on how well u heal..i didnt want to pay that much for a simple ear piercing lol..cost me $10 for both lol..but any other body parts i wud go with needle too (like my belly)..but its up to u..my friends gotten both types done on her ear and she says that it healed the same no difference..jus needle hurt more :( ..not to scare u more tho lol..but its pain u can handle..anyway sacredheart charges EARLOBES - $38.95 for one - $69.88 for two ...which i personally tink is alot for your ear lobe..but its up to u...as for location there are 3

725 Nelson St.
    Vancouver, BC
    604-647-0826

OR

1685 Davie St.
    Vancouver, BC
    604-669-4055

OR

3734 W 10th Ave.
    Vancouver, BC
    604-224-1149

And honestly they all luk pretti much the same..same company rite..go check out there website for sure that way u can read bout sum of there piercers and maybe chose your location that way..or which ever is closest...the one on Nelson luks the biggest...:unsure:
  19. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

wow, $70 for both ears to get pierced??? That\'s a bit much for a simple ear piercing.
    Well i\'ll definitely have to way my options too.
    Thanks everyone for providing your input on the matter :)
  20. violet

violet New Member

i do not recommend the salon in metrotown by lush
    my friend got her cartiledge pierced and the lady used a gun
    and the backing of the stud fell out and fell on the ground
    and the lady just simply picked it up and put it on her ear.
    i got my cartilledge done as well the lady dropped her sharpie on
    my jeans and didnt even try to clean it or even say sorry
    she said "oops" and mine is now infected same with my other
    4 friends wutta b