Eyelinerr=)

Discussion in 'Makeup/Skin' started by mimoo, Mar 20, 2006.

1. mimoo

mimoo Full Member

I have a dilemma; the eyeliner on my bottom eye lid always seems to smudge. Is there any way i can prevent that from happening? I\'ve tired switching brands. I started with revlon, but then it didn\'t meet my expectations so a friend recomended a cheaper one; it worked a litle bit better but still smudges once in a while. Any tips?
  2. HarajukuLover

HarajukuLover Full Member

I\'ve been using MAC PowerPoint eyeliner in Engraved (black color) and its da best. If you\'re prone to smudging then try lightly dusting on pressed powder over ur eyeliner then re-applying the eyeliner again :)
  3. kaori

kaori Full Member

hi mimoo,

Try using a powder eyeliner instead of pencil.
    You can use black eyeshadow with a liner or a angeled brush to apply the shadow to the lower lid. That should help with the smudging

Pencils are usually meant for smudging and blending.

Hope this helps =)
  4. XcessiVe

XcessiVe Full Member

A waterproof eyeliner pencil should do the trick. I also use the M.A.C Powerpoint eyeliner. Here\'s what M.A.C says:

Waterproof. Longwearing. Metallic, shimmer and matte finishes. Smooth to apply. Won\'t transfer, smudge, or budge... Draws the line: powers your eyes. Makes its point. Lasts.

For all available colors: Please login or register to view links

[​IMG]
  5. chibichu

chibichu New Member

MAC powerpoint eyeliner is probably the way to go.
    but if you want to go cheaper this is a good trick.
    use a pencil eyeliner (liquid may be too much definition on the eye) and then use an eyeshadow similiar in colour with the eyeliner and, using a flat brush, brush on the colour over the line you made with the pencil.
    This sets in the eyeliner.
    Some people don\'t like this method, but i like it ;)
  6. mimoo

mimoo Full Member

Wow thanks everyone for the pointers=) I realli appriciate it. I\'ll probabaly try M.A.C. or else I\'ll try the eyeshadow method. Thanxs everyone once more=)
  7. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

that also depends on how oily your lids are.

i\'m using the mac powerpoint eyepencil, and mannn it smudggesss. even though it says waterproof and balhglasikjtslwet it smudges on me, after a short while too. :S
  8. mimoo

mimoo Full Member

thats what i thought was affecting me at first too, but then i was like eh, i dont think it\'s bc of how oily my eyelids are. B/c each time before placing on my eyeliner, i ususally wipe my bottom eyelid (yes it sounds weird) and it doesn\'t seem moist any more. Then as the day progresses, my eyeliner starts to smudge. So its so werid for me. YAh the eyeliner that i use says waterproof too, but it doesnt seem to help.
  9. taremi

taremi Full Member

i have the same problem- any eyeliner i put under my lower lashes, it smudges!
    i\'ve always wanted to know how people keep it there all day!!
    thanks for the eyeshadow method- i am certainly gonna give it a try!!!

i used maybelline\'s unstoppable eyeliner, but its not \'unstoppable\' really.... it smudges.
  10. mimoo

mimoo Full Member

I\'ve also tried that; I\'m using it right now but i dont think its that great.
  11. yakaike

yakaike Full Member

Try using the \'KISS ME\' eyeliner.
    THe masacara works great!!! NEVER smudges and same with the eyeliner. AND you dont need makeup remover to remove it. You just need warm water and it washes off without the smudging all over you r eye thing. It just comes off like little strings. ITS AWESOME!!!!
    Kiss Me is from JAPAN and my FAV makeup brand EVER;)
  12. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

Do you have Oriental eyes? Oriental eyes are known for smudgy eyeliner.
  13. Viv1985

Viv1985 Full Member

Hi Yakaike is the no smudge KissMe eyeliner in liquid or pencil?
  14. mimoo

mimoo Full Member

What are oriental eyes? Smaller eyes or something? hehe i dont no. I have normal eyes and some people would also say that they\'re big so....yeah.

Post edited by: mimoo, at: 2006/03/22 15:49
  15. lolly_pop199

lolly_pop199 Full Member

try annabelle smooth liner. its waterproof and actually stays on...for me anyways, i have watery eyes, so if i wear eyeliner, it goes away really fast.
    i saw people using liquid eyeliner on the bottam, but i think thats not really good for you..
    hope this helps:)
  16. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

wait, why\'s it not good to use liquid liner for the bottom part of the eye?
  17. canido

canido Full Member

i just went to this thing hosted by club at skewl..they had mac proffesionals come and answer our questions.

One girl asked this, and she said that try using a brush and liquid eyeliner because it gives you more control. I ma not really sure though because i know NOTHING about make-up.

She also suggests to set it with powder after applying the eyeliner as someone else has suggested.

But yeah, she said that since our eyes blink so often and the mucles in our eyes are constantly moving...it warms the area. thus such areas are prone to smudging.
  18. yakaike

yakaike Full Member

The kiss me eyeliners liquid.
    It works tho! wont smudge and make you look like you got a black eye or nething....lol
  19. canido

canido Full Member

I got the lancome eyeliner and it works pretty well. I have been wearing them for 4 hours, and it still hasn\'t smudged. *thumbs up*
  20. samantha

samantha Full Member

I totally agree! Kiss me mascara is sooooo awesome! they have like 5 different colors. it really doesn\'t smudge and budge at all. its like a different type of mascara. how it works is that the liquid wraps around thelashes like tubes and then it doesn\'t come off until u rinse it off. and its not hard to rinse off either!!! but it does cost quite a bit. most places sell it for at least 30bucks but its totally worth it. literlly smudge proof until ur ready!also in eyeliner