Free West Jet Flights!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by mr.x, Jan 18, 2006.

1. mr.x

mr.x Full Member

Free West Jet Flights!

But your surname has to be Harper, Martin, Layton, Duceppe or Harris... any members with those last names?

Please login or register to view links

:p
  2. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

You have GOT to be JOKING!!! That is probably the stupidest thing i\'ve ever heard!
  3. RichardWilinski

RichardWilinski Full Member

Although West Jet is one of the most popular airlines, I had my baggage \"lost\" on 2 seperate occasions only to be \"found\" again a couple of hours later. And amidst the chaos, my transfer flight was missed! I had to complain profusely in order to get compensated for the hassle and inconvenience I went through! :angry:

The good news: Three weeks later I received a $519.00 credit voucher as reimbursement which I can use towards my next flight.B)

My advice for all you frequent travellers: Avoid checking in baggage at all costs. Travel light with your personal belongings with you in a carry-on!

Post edited by: richardwilinski, at: 2006/03/03 04:55
  4. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

wow, westjet lost your baggage? i\'ve flown westjet numerous times (about a dozen last year alone) and i\'ve never had my bags lost (knock on wood).

the good thing though is you got voucher....you actually think that air canada would do the same? probably not.

A friend of mine was delayed 4 hours one time b/c the weather was soooo bad (really windy and snowy) and they ended up getting a voucher for the delay. this was with westjet.

i do recommend though that if you do pack something to get checked in, that you do have 1 change of clothes and all of your important belongings in your carry on. that way if you don\'t have your bags right away (like if you go on a package to Las Vegas....they usually deliver your bags to your hotel and it takes about 2 hours) then at least you have something to change into
  5. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

My neighbours luggages has been lost by Westjet. They flew westjet, and it was accidently taken off at a stopover. Westjet told them that it will be returned to them by greyhound, who then somehow lost the luggage on the way to Vancouver. They wrote a big long complaint letter, and would be just happy with a free round trip flight to Quebec (where they are orginally from) - but haven\'t heard back yet.
  6. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

ya greyhound lost my friend\'s bags (took off in penticton by accident) and never found it for the entire duration that he was here (2 weeks).

he complained numerous times with greyhound, but they didn\'t do anything, refused to accept blame.

AFTER he returned to edmonton, he got a call saying that they found his bags and that they\'d drop them off in edmonton the following day.

Never did greyhound say that they did anything wrong, nor did they compensate him....he had to buy whole new clothes for the duration he was here
  7. greenercheese

greenercheese Full Member

you got to be kididng. UGH. what about the unfortunate people who cant pay for flights? and those rich bags get in for freee. what has the world come to?
  8. 1234567890

1234567890 Full Member

that's racist....only the people with those last names get to ride on for free
  9. 1234567890

1234567890 Full Member

that's racist....only the people with those last names get to ride on for free
  10. 1234567890

1234567890 Full Member

oops....double post
  11. CarolineClap

CarolineClap Full Member

umm, those are the prime minister, and leaders of the opposition parties in Canada - that's Canadian government. Granted, they are all white, but it's not racist. Check your facts!
  12. Sales! Sales! Sales!

Sales! Sales! Sales! Full Member

lol. It's not a case of being racist. It's merely a promotion WestJet is having. It's more on the lines of favorism if you asked me. :wink:
  13. zukushiba

zukushiba Full Member

I have lost my baggage twice with air china, and conpensation? haha, i am just glad that they found it and returned to me the next day~

and last time i travelled with harmony airway, they cutted the zipper on my baggage coz i locked it up!!!! and those throw my lock away too!! really pisses me off coz i cant use tat baggage again!

and a frd of mine was travelling with cathay pacific this summer, and for some reason the flight got cancelled and the airline is only paying 20 bucks for each passenger! omg, tatz soo rediculous! not to mention about the time wated, 20 bucks is not even enuff to take a cab home!!
  14. hliiza

hliiza New Member

hahah

this is funny. is it just me or the last names are all associated with men that are in the politics: Jack Layton, Paul Martin, Steven Harper....

hahah
  15. HeavenScent

HeavenScent New Member

what a promotion!!!! So not fair... :(
  16. moufafa

moufafa Full Member

i was planning on flyin westjet to toronto for x-mas cuz its so cheap but i dont wanna lose all my stuff lol
  17. Joanne

Joanne New Member

laaaame!!!
  18. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

i have flown Westjet about close to over 50 times, and i've never ever ever had any issues with them, both with my luggage or on the airplane itself with the flight crew.

In reality, any airline can lose your luggage. I'd stick with westjet over air canada any day!