FRIZZ

Discussion in 'Hair/Nails' started by cookie__crumbs, Apr 8, 2006.

1. anyone know what to do about it?! i got a haircut and the dude used razor to layer it. in result, my hair is so frizzy now! at least i thinktht\'s what caused it. cause before my hir was really smooth.. but now it\'s coarse and frizzing like crazy on me.

helppp!:S
  2. mk04

mk04 Full Member

oh man thats sucks, i heard cuts with a razor are supposed to be reallllllly good. well i naturally have VERY frizzy hair and my solution is frizz-ease!!! also if ur hairs wavy/curly like mine, it definitely helps not to comb/brush it out after u shower.

Post edited by: mk04, at: 2006/04/08 14:40
  3. HarajukuLover

HarajukuLover Full Member

Sorry to hear about ur hair bein frizzy after da haircut. I use a Joico smoothing product that works awesome when I get da frizzies. It\'s called Joico K-Pak Protect and Shine Serum and it comes packaged in a very small pump bottle. You only need to dispense a lil bit in ur palms and rub it into ur hair for awesome results! According to da bottle it says this: K-Pak Protect & Shine Serum seals and penetrates hair for ultimate protection inside and out. Creates smooth, silky, weightless sheen. Also defends against damage from thermal styling, UV rays and other environmental pollutants. Available sizes: 2 oz.
    [​IMG]

Post edited by: harajukulover, at: 2006/04/08 18:29
  4. samantha

samantha Full Member

i agree with harajukulover. the Joico serum is awesome! or even try something that isn\'t a serum cuz a serum mite be too much. instead, try maybe like a light wax or a light creme based styling product cuz a serum will get rid of frizz but its not very good for styling unless u just always wear it straight. Try a wax u will get some style and versitility with it too!
  5. kaori

kaori Full Member

hi cookie_crumbs,

I agree.. a serum is usually best. Anything with a light silicon base would be benificial for your hair. It coats the hair shaft and prevents it from looking frizzy and dry. Carefull not to use too much or your hair can look oily. Here are some that I reccomend.

AG- Varnish
    The Body Shop\'s- Grapeseed glossing serum
    Bumble and Bumble\'s- De-frizz

Or.. I find that Bumble and bumble\'s Styling Cream works wonders for frizzy hair. It\'s like a cream but for your hair. A little goes a long way. I like to apply when my hair is still damp. I find that the hair cream will not make your hair oily.
  6. Viv1985

Viv1985 Full Member

If you want pay good price try John Frieda BLONDE hair creme. It say: makes even straw-like hair smooth as silk. Only $8 at London Drugs or Superstore and make my hair so smooth and soft!
  7. oooh thanks so much everyone!

harajukulover, how much is the one you use?!

mk04, is frizz-ease the brand??

hm for the serum do you apply it everytime you wash your hair.. or is it just a weekly thing? haha sorry i\'m a noob at hair and.. almost everything girly

:pinch:
  8. HarajukuLover

HarajukuLover Full Member

Hello Cookie_Crumbs!!! I got the Joico serum about half a year ago so I forgot da exact price but I think it was around $23.00. Are you gonna buy it or da other products that other ppl suggested? Talk to u soon! :laugh: :dance: :laugh: :dance: :laugh:
  9. i have no idea! LOL cause i need something for both styling and frizz control.. so i\'m kinda interested in the bumble and bumble BUT THEN AGAIN i say i wanna style my hair.. i always get too lazy. cause if i start playing around with my hair, i know i\'ll be in the bathroom for like 2hours and come out looking the same. i suck at the whole hair thing. LOL

where can i buy your serum thingy??
  10. samantha

samantha Full Member

cookie_crumbs, why don\'t u just go into a salon and ask them what they would recommend? then ask them to try it on you. thats wut i do for clients. i make sure i try it on them make sure they can use it before they buy it or else its just a waste!
  11. Viv1985

Viv1985 Full Member

Every good salon have joico stuff. Go to a good salon and buy it :)
  12. sonia7

sonia7 Full Member

u cud also ask ur hair stylist (if ur close) if she cud pick you up some , b/c they get really good discounts- some of my friends do that,
  13. jennifer.

jennifer. Full Member

hey...um i had the same problem but i went to my hair
    stylist and they recomened farouk usa biosilk silk therapy...
    it works soo good!!! and i got a good deal on it because i went
    to my hair stylist...hope that helps!!!:smile:
  14. M!SS.HOLLYWOOD

M!SS.HOLLYWOOD Full Member

at the end of your shower, DON'T turn off the water yet but change it to cold. This will close up the cuticles in your hair because hot water opens them up. Or put cream in your hair before blow drying it (someone told me that..don't know if it works though)
  15. bombshell

bombshell Full Member

for frizzy hair:
    a comb, not a brush
    squeeze your hair dry with a towel, rather than rubbing
    conditioner after every wash
    low/cold heat when blow drying your hair
    try different products for frizzy hair
  16. babygrl

babygrl Full Member

blowdrying your hair instead of hair drying
    straightening your hair
    frizz control products

those all work =D!
  17. CANDY

CANDY Moderator Staff Member

yes, razor causes frizz because razor cuts the hair on an angle. bed head has an anti-frizz shampoo. you could use any anti-frizz except drug store ones because they weight the hair down and causes built up. another way, is to get another hair cut which doesn't involve razor.
    yup, it's true.
  18. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

I love Bumble and Bumble Grooming Creme. It works so good on frizzy hair.
  19. spliffette

spliffette Member

The best De Frizz Serum is from Sephora by Oscar Blandi, a bit pricey, but its the best to smooth hair out.
    Also i use the Ojon product line.