GAS going higher HIGHER

Discussion in 'Sales, Coupons & Finds' started by LuxeLife, May 1, 2006.

1. LuxeLife

LuxeLife Full Member

We were thinking of driving to the States this weekend but with the ridiculously high gas prices is it even worth the trip? We worked out the kms and calculated it to be about $100 for gas driving to and from Seattle. What\'s your feedback everyone? Is it worth the trip? Nay or yay? :huh:
  2. tamara

tamara Full Member

i say yay...but then i always say yay to the sates! i am actually going down this weekend also with a few girlfriends and even with high gas prices i think its worth it. everything is cheaper down there, you get more selection, different things...and just to have a little get away is always nice. bath and bodyworks is having a sale til this weekend (my fav soap and lotion store) and the outlets are always good to check out...my fav mall alderwood...has everything i need...macy\'s, nordstrom, abercrombie, forever 21, bath and bodyworks, banana(cheap to buy in the states w/exchange), sephora...need i say more????
  3. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

from an economic point of view, it would only make sense if:

(Cost of US Stuff + Gas) < (Cost of Canadian Stuff)

but tamara does bring up a good point.. they offer a lot of different stores/brands/products down in Seattle that you cannot get here

B)

Post edited by: ryan, at: 2006/05/01 16:00
  4. LuxeLife

LuxeLife Full Member

Ryan wrote:

Good equation. I don\'t know if the US stuff + gas will be less than the cost of the Canadian stuff. You never know until the end of the day when you add up everything. But I\'m sick of Vancouver stores so I guess I will go this weekend. And I wanna go to Red Lobster too :p

Thanks for your feedback Ryan & Tamara :)
  5. Viv1985

Viv1985 Full Member

in the news it say I.C.B.C will up the insurance next year. I hate I.C.B.C! :angry:
  6. tamara

tamara Full Member

PLUS, i heard on the news last night that gas prices across the border are cheaper anyway. there were people who live close to the border going over just to fill up gas. so now you have to go!
  7. tdao604

tdao604 New Member

Yeah gas is always cheaper down there.
  8. Friendster

Friendster Full Member

The Canadian dollar is strong now. It\'s at its strongest in years. It\'s almost a $1 to a $1 now!!! I say go and spend spend spend! :p
  9. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

Go for it. I\'m taking my gf this Friday. Maybe I\'ll see you down there? :)
  10. tamara

tamara Full Member

you have to go now...i just posted a macy\'s friends and family coupon!!!B)
  11. LuxeLife

LuxeLife Full Member

Thanks Tamara! :laugh:
    Good karma right back at you!
    Cheers! :)

Post edited by: luxelife, at: 2006/05/05 01:47