Glasses!!!

Discussion in 'Apparel & Shopping' started by xx.noesamor, Apr 17, 2006.

1. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

Okay, I\'ve had glasses eversince grade 2 (I\'m turning grade 10 in September ). And it\'s that time of the year for me to get a new one. I was thinking about getting a new frame, I\'ve had the one I have right now for a year and a half.
    The one I have right now is round- edged, which makes me look like a nerd since my face is already chubby (My baby fat\'s still not going away >.<!)And the glasses just make it even more ....round :blink: I wanted to get the rectangular ones (If you know what I\'m talking about o-o; ) I wanted to get one like my brother (A black one) but they stopped making the frame last year so yeah. >_<! Suggestions please! And thankies!;)

Post edited by: xx.noesamor, at: 2006/04/17 19:11
  2. CANDY

CANDY Moderator Staff Member

jack his!
  3. vivelle90

vivelle90 Full Member

this isn\'t really related to glasses but i heard that gray coloured contacts look good on asians, any thoughts on this??
  4. chibichu

chibichu New Member

Go to chinese malls. They have A LOT of glasses.
    Try Parker Place.
    or the mall b/w parker place and aberdeen
    I recently got mine and it\'s rectangular and it\'s gucci.
    but make sure you get a discount.. b/c even though they said mine was gucci.. who knows if it\'s real(lol).
    but they\'re stylish and I like them. AND they\'re rectangular
  5. x_heartz

x_heartz Full Member

hm... i got my glasses at metro. mayb look around metro too... cuz theres some glasses shops in there~ mine was pretty expensive, it was like around $500 all together, and it was AFTER discount toooo >< but yea... it was prada glasses thats y... hahhaa so if u want to buy branded glasses, make sure u buy them when they hav sales going~ or else it can get pretty pricey~

i kinda regret getting these glasses, cuz i spent soooo much... and now... i want to get contacts :pinch:
    does ne one know nething about contacts? cuz i know nuthing about itttt? and can we go swimming in contacts :huh:
  6. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

vivelle90 wrote:
    I wouldn\'t know since my degree\'s too high for coloured contacts :blink: (Clear ones for me T.T!!) But I saw a Cantonese girl wearing purple contacts, it was pretty neat. Lol! I actually wanted green ones but I\'m sure gray would look pretty wicked in a good way;)

Post edited by: xx.noesamor, at: 2006/04/17 23:20
  7. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

x_heartz wrote:
    No, you can\'t swim in contacts, you\'ll get an infection, you can\'t shower in contacts and it\'s best to not even touch it. You must keep your contacts as clean as possible to reduce the possiblity of getting infected. Also, you cannot wear your contacts pass 20 hours each day since you need to at least let it sit in the solution for 4 hours for cleaning, and let your eyes rest as well. It\'s best to not sleep with contacts on since your contacts will get extremely dry. (I\'ve tried that a couple of times, not fun ^^\")
    Good things about contacts is that it doesn\'t shift that often so you don\'t have to adjust it ever so often like glasses. Since it doesn\'t shift, your degrees get worse slower. Also, it\'s safer to play sports with contacts since if you play sports with glasses, your glasses might break and thus might hurt your eyes accidently. It\'s best if you choose disposables if your degree\'s not too high since then you\'ll be sure to have clean contacts to wear. Whereas if you have a pretty high degree like me, it\'s better if you go for the one year ones since those contacts have better quality. It needs to let you wear it for the whole year afterall. ^^ Hope that helped.
  8. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

chibichu wrote:
    Yeah, I know how you feel, I was going to get a burberry one at metro. Even though they had discounts already (Like...80% off!!) It was still hella expensive for a 9th grader like me ^^\" And I looked so so in it so I decided not to buy it :dry:
  9. HarajukuLover

HarajukuLover Full Member

If you want grey contacts go for it! :laugh: :) :lol: Da first time I got colored contacts wuz when I wuz 17. I went thru a phase back then and wore them for a few yearz. I got da color MISTY GREY and I got lots of compliments on em! I don\'t wear colored contacts anymore cuz I find it such a hassle to put em in when I don\'t even need em since I have 20/20 vision so why bother right? :blink: :) I noticed that while wearing colored contacts, my eyes were more prone to feeling dry. Especially when watching a movie for example. But if you\'re curious at tryin a new eye color, I say go for it! :laugh: :) :p :dance: :laugh: :p :) :dance: :laugh:

Post edited by: harajukulover, at: 2006/04/18 01:39
  10. tamara

tamara Full Member

i got my glasses at westend optometry on denman and nelson. brand called PRODESIGN and i LOVE them. they are kinda rectangular/angular~really good quality...are made out of titanium. i price shopped for awhile and found them to be best priced even with the other stores saying they are giving me a discount B)
  11. Friendster

Friendster Full Member

Attention everybody: If you don\'t want to wear glasses, don\'t spend too much time on the computer. Straining your eyes in front of a monitor will increase your need for glasses in the near future. :pinch:

[​IMG]

Post edited by: friendster, at: 2006/04/18 04:31
  12. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

Friendster wrote:
    :blink: That picture strains my eyes more than the computer itself. .................=.=; Thanks~~
    Jkjk:p
  13. Viv1985

Viv1985 Full Member

hahahahahaha! very funny Friendster! :p
  14. mk04

mk04 Full Member

hey noesamor ive had glasses for a couple of years too, such a hassle!! i ususally just get new ones like every couple of yrs from where ever i go to get my eyes checked, but i find they usually rip u off a lot!!!!

a really good (and weird) suggestion ive been given is Costco, yea it sounds weird but make sure u go and check it out!! i went and they have this \'vision centre\' and they carry lots of DESIGNER frames for REALLLY REALLY REALLY cheap compared to a lot of other places!! there is a lot of selection and they have a lot of the squared/rectangular design in black ur looking for cuz its in right now .. Dior, Prada, Gucci, DKNY, Kenneth Cole, Max Mara, FCUK, Diesel, etc etc etc. and the prices were normally between $100-200 for the frames!!! hope that helps & goodluckB)
  15. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

Ooooh!! Big help! Thanks mk04! ^^ Cuz that Burberry frame that I was talking about a few posts ago, even though it had 80% off, I still had to pay 200 for it!! So that means if it wasn\'t because of boxing day, the frame\'s price would go sky high. T.T!!
  16. eshen

eshen Full Member

xx.noesamor, tell me how your visit at Costco turns out..
    thanks in advance... :)
  17. Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle

Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle Full Member

Yea I know bk151 :) Before I found that I would get headaches from lookin at the mon. But I\'ve been using an LCD mon for the past 3 years now and I find it way better for my eyes. B)
  18. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

Whoa, thanks bk151. Good thing that I\'ve switched. Man, no wonder I don\'t get headaches anymore and my prescription\'s getting heavier way slower. :laugh:
  19. saldisaldi

saldisaldi New Member

before, you were wondering what shape of frames, right?

i had the same problem.

I suggest frames that aren\'t fully rectangular. ie: looks rectangular but with curved edges. and a moderatley bright color (mine are a dark red).

the color and shape slim down a round face.

DONT WORRY about your glasses being colorful and not going with anything. colorful glasses are like lips. you don\'t say \'oh no, that dress doesn\'t go with my lips\'. the bright color becomes a part of your face. don\'t dull yourself down with plain standards like brown and black.

hope i helped!