Good Bubble Tea spots

Discussion in 'Food & Restaurants' started by canido, Apr 19, 2006.

1. canido

canido Full Member

So I am those people that can\'t live a day without drinking bubble tea...or well, every other day. So i was just wondering where you guys go?

The places i usually go:

L&G @ 41st and Granville: They use fresh fruits and the owners are really friendly. Drawback..is that they have extremely slow service. Try their Ice cream green tea bubble tea, they are the absolute best...so good that starbucks can\'t compare.

Bubble Head on Granville street: Their service is pretty fast but they have long line ups, especially on weekdays. Their bubble tea are of decent price (usually $3.50 - $5 with the pearls and stuff). THeir milk tea is awesome, very flavorful and their selection is quite large.

Twinkle @ alderbridge road (near the Honger area and the car wash area on Garden City): They have the absolute BEST egg pudding bubble tea..and you can choose a selection of small or large pearls. I like the environment, but the drinks do cost approximately $5.50 each.

I know there is Pearl dragon or something like that on Oak street..the owners of L&G are actually from there, and since i am VIP (which mieans all drinks are $3 including pearls and stuff)..i prefer going there to save some $$$.
  2. sweettooshie

sweettooshie Full Member

LOVE bubblehead and twinkleeee.. i also like Edge which is next to twinkle.. mmm i used to go to pearl castle a lot but ever since they started serving full meals, just not as comfortable to chill around.. and the service is bleh

mmm i also like Teabucks

and now.. i want bbt.. ><\" thx canido!
  3. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

We used to haunt Tea Hut in Richmond. Haven\'t been there in years. Wonder if it\'s still crowded late nights. Oasis on West 41st is not bad too.
  4. pandalover

pandalover Ultimate Deal Queen

If your looking at Kerrisdale theres: Oasis, Quickly, Keywest, and a few more i don\'t remember their names.

If you guys know where samurai sushi is theres a place beside it that sells bbt too.
  5. mimoo

mimoo Full Member

Wells, Bubble world on kingsway are good; they use fresh fruit. Theres a location on kingsway&somewhere near joyce, and another one where yooh can also order food at on kingways&wilson ave i think(near patterson station). The tea house is also good. theres this one other place thats rite beside John Oliver Secondary School....dont no the street or the name, just know that its a good place.
  6. mk04

mk04 Full Member

Pearl Fever at UBC Village is pretty damn good
  7. tjeng

tjeng Full Member

Pearl Fever in Coquitlam, the one by Hon\'s is really good!! :p
  8. Material Girl

Material Girl Full Member

I used to alwaaays order the pearl milk tea with the pearls (bubbles) in it. But now I only drink the milk tea by itself after realizing how glutenous and fattening the pearls are.

Post edited by: material girl, at: 2006/04/20 02:27
  9. canido

canido Full Member

Did they just open Pearl Fever @ UBC village? i usually don\'t go there coz it is so far...but if there is something good there, it\'s more worth the walk! lolz

the old bubble shop they had there was just plain horrible, tasteless and watery.
  10. Anna19

Anna19 New Member

I love bbt...I only have it once in a while though.

I live in Surrey and theres only a few places here....\"Bubble World by T&T supermarket has really yummy bbt.....

on a side... they have been coming up with a lot of new flavours...ahhaha i even tried \"OREO\" bbt..:p
  11. AnimeDiva

AnimeDiva New Member

There\'s a new one on 41st and Victoria. On the North West corner at the intersection. Forgot the name. But the seating is comfortable and the BBT is good too. Lots of choices and small snacks. The only thing I don\'t like so far was the service but they were still very new when I went so thats okai (about a month back). There seems to be a lot of ppl going there too. Of course you can take-out as well if you don\'t wanna stay. They\'re also open late.
  12. April

April Full Member

I like Oasis because they use fresh fruit. There\'s Dragonball on King Ed and Oak which is decent. There\'s another place on Fraser that I like that uses fresh fruit too but I can\'t remember what its called.
  13. pandalover

pandalover Ultimate Deal Queen

There is also Orange Corner too. Its in kerrisdale.
    They make pretty good crepes.:p
  14. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

Why pay almost $5 for a drink when you can make most of it at home? To make an icy strawberry drink just pop in some strawberries, ice cubes, and sugar in a blender. There you have it...fresh icy strawberry!!! I made it a few times and it\'s delicious! :woohoo: :p

Post edited by: 604jase, at: 2006/04/23 18:39
  15. canido

canido Full Member

but it tastes better when some else makes it..and no pearls if you make it home (home pearls doesn\'t taste as good).

BUt yeah, to get smoothie..go to COSTOC to get the frozen fruits, they are really really cheap there and only a buck or two more for much more!

I make peach and mango smoothie...umm...!
  16. Friendster

Friendster Full Member

What are the ingredients for a smoothie? Do you add yogurt or fruit juice?
  17. mk04

mk04 Full Member

i was really into making smoothies a little while ago and i looked up a whole bunch of recipes on the net lol. here are the basics:
    (fresh or frozen) fruit, yogurt, frozen juice/ concentrate, ice, honey (or sugar), and then you can add whatever else you want.
  18. canido

canido Full Member

You can add yogurt for a tangier (sp?) and thicker smoothie. Once i put TOO much yogurt, and it just tasted just weird. lolz.
  19. HarajukuLover

HarajukuLover Full Member

Yesterday I tried the new fruit yogurt smoothie at Orange Julius. They put bars of frozen yogurt into da drink and blended it up with other stuff. ooooMGGGGGG did it taste awesome! I forgot to look at da menu for da price but I ordered a chili dog & da fruit yogurt smoothie and it came to $9 sumfin. After I wuz walkin around da mall, I realized \"Why would just a hotdog & smoothie come to $9 sumfin???\" Did I just got ripped off guys???? :woohoo: :blink: :blush: :dry: :pinch: