HAIR EXTENSIONS

Discussion in 'Hair/Nails' started by fro, Feb 14, 2006.

1. fro

fro Full Member

hey hey heyyyyyy

does anyone know any good places that arnt tooo expensive to get hair extensions done at?..ive heard bout few places dat charge like 150 (which is cheap cuz \"mo hair\" charges like 400$!)...but its small place..i heard ders one across metrotown dat alota ppl go to?..any ideas i want someon to do a good job so it luks real and doesnt fall out!

Post edited by: fro, at: 2006/02/14 14:56
  2. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

yup, i heard the place across from metrotown is good. Also heard to not get it done at Butterflies in metrotown, but the hair stuff there is good?
  3. fro

fro Full Member

any idea wut da place across is called??...and yah i know ppl say they buy the hair frum sum place in metro im guessing its butterflies...but i didnt know they do it there to?
  4. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

the place is called: abantu
    yup they do hair extension stuff in butterflies too, but dont\' get it done there it\'s not good.

wait nevermind.. there\'s a couple places you might wanna consider:

AFRA Hair Designs
    4631 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H2B3
    (604) 431-4589

Amaguru African Hair Gallery

(604) 438-4550

5107 Kingsway, Burnaby, B.C. V5H 2E6

Check out their website:

Please login or register to view links

or

Abantu
    FlyingLemons likes this.
  5. samantha

samantha Full Member

it depends on how much u wanna spend
    some will last longer than others and look better
    Needless to say, the more expensive, the better it looks and the longer it lasts. the cheap stuff feels like crappy old hair whereas the good stuff can last up to 2-3 months and still feel nice. the hair to look for is called great lengths. it uses a protein bond which attaches to the hair. i hope this helps if you wanna know more let me know
  6. fro

fro Full Member

yah i heard greath lenghts is the best but thres alota new good ones (u kno advance technology lol) and as long as it has a keratin bond or sumthin its suppose to be good...also alota the places i called listed on here gave me estimates and they kinda charge more..but ima go and see...i kno this lady that owns a salon does it for $35 an hr and she has clients that have had it for a yr now so she must be good..hmm well c....

but does anyone know the best place to BUY the hair?..im guessin butterflies in metro?...
  7. fro

fro Full Member

ok nvm jus called butterflies and they dunt even carry greath lenghts??..and they dunt have hair longer then 14inch..and i need at least 16inches the lady told me..so any other places !!!??
  8. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

really? i guess butterflies just sucks period.
  9. fro

fro Full Member

yah sucks im so mad i need hair lol..does any one ANY places i can go to to get good quality hair ..preferbly greath lenghts and 16inch ?>..cuz i relli dunt kno any and im sure i cudn buy it frum another salon they wud make me get it done der.:blink:
  10. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

abantu << sells hair.

well just get real hair and not synthetic.
  11. fro

fro Full Member

hmm yah i guess so the ppl at the salons i called were pretti rude..bad receptionists or w/e..so maybe ill jus go to dat lady and ask her to name sum hair places cuz there arnt much...thanks!
  12. samantha

samantha Full Member

args...u cannot buy great lengths at Butterflies. Butterflies is just a crappy store. no offence. it doesn\'t sell good professional extentions. i don\'t even think its real hair. the better the hair is, the longer it will last and the better it will look. if u want a good job, u mite as well pay the money for it. cuz u get wut u pay for. Just for the extensions itself, for great lengths will cost u at least 400 bucks just to let u know
  13. fro

fro Full Member

hmm yah and most places the people dunt even kno how to apply greath lenghts..i asked and its not so popular in BC..haha suks..dey all do the weaving type..darn wished i lived in LA or sumthin!...lol..o wellz ill keep my search on for good human hair tanks :p
  14. RichardWilinski

RichardWilinski Full Member

I heard that hair extensions are basically glued onto your own real hair. And due to the tightness, may result in your own real hair to fall out! Yikes!:woohoo:

I wouldn\'t want to run my fingers through a girls hair only to get caught in her glued-on extensions! lol. That\'s just nasty! :pinch:

What\'s wrong with your own real hair? Why the need for this unnecessary vanity?

Post edited by: richardwilinski, at: 2006/03/03 00:20
  15. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

that\'s just how girls are richard ;)

and yet we\'ll never fully understand them :blink:

Post edited by: ryan, at: 2006/03/03 00:35
  16. fro

fro Full Member

hah actually guys its not the glueing method i wud never do dat (unless it was the hollywood greath extensions type hehe)...its the weaving method im going for..were they just braid it in..no artificial products...and yesh ryan gurls jus luv playing round with their luks :lol: ..nuthin worng with my hair but its guna take a yr b4 i can get it the lenght i want..so y not extensions ? :side:
  17. fro

fro Full Member

ok guys jus incase n e one is curious i got my extensions done..bought the human hair frum abantu and so far its good..my friend also got hair frum der..and i got it put in by Claudia the owner of the salon called Azteca on E Hastings...dis women is amazing!..highly recommended shes super nice helpful and makes u feel at home...she charges 35$/hr for any braids cornorws exrensions etc. and shes SUPER fast only took her about 1hr and a half for 3 rows..so i got charged 90$!...sucha good deal..overall i spent 200$ and my hair is not breaking falling or nuthin..it luks good and doesnt even seem like or feel like i got anything in my hair now thats its been a week since i got it...so higlhy recommended if anyone is contemplating it B)
  18. RichardWilinski wrote:
    my friend got this japanese eyelash/eyelid thing where she puts this special glue to give her eyes a certain look i told her i thought it was crazy putting glue on her eyelids and she just laffed. girls = impossible to understand i concur ryan
  19. fro

fro Full Member

lol...well its fun to try new things and c wut luks good etc...thats the best part of being women!! lolB)
  20. fro

fro Full Member

yah well if u got ur whole head done den yah...unless u have sum problems and have no hair u have no choice..or if u glued it..but i got 2 rows at the bottom mixed with my own hair..which is like nuthin..so it is pretti natural..and its my head if my bf didnt like it who cares hah..but hes fine with it..and if u think thats gross ud prob neva wana touch these ppls hair either beyonce tyra jessica alba, britney spears, heidi kulm etc etc...and the list goes on..hah so no dun worri its not gross..just like getting cornrows