Hair Salons

Discussion in 'Hair/Nails' started by cookie__crumbs, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Where are some places that you think do a great job for hair cuts?

more of the korean/ japanese type of style would be best. :laugh:
  2. taremi

taremi Full Member

hi cookie__crumbs!
    i go here: Please login or register to view links
    its in downtown, and in a convinient place as well.
    i\'ve gone to many of the japanese owned hair salons, and i find that the stylists here are all pretty good.
    there is also the same hair salon down in richmond- which may have more english speaking stylists... you might be able to better communicate what you want.

hope this helps :)
  3. ooh thanks! but richmond is too far for me right now. lol i need my haircut this weekend and don\'t have timeto squeeze in richomnd. what japanese salons do you suggest? if possible, can you list the name/ location and prices? tyty in advance!:cheer:

Post edited by: ryan, at: 2006/02/15 01:37
  4. taremi

taremi Full Member

here is a list of japanese salons i know in downtown (most are in downtown)

KAEN hair salon
    1238 Robson St.
    604-696-5236
    Please login or register to view links

AOI beauty studio
    604-688-2122
    518 Beatty St.
    *lady\'s cuts are $40 plus tax

misako hair studio
    888 davie st.

beach hair studio
    776 thurlow st.

ark hair studio
    810 homer st.
    604 688-7768
    *its right by the vancouver public library downtown

chura hair salon

i think thats about it... oh and suki\'s on robson.
    i\'ve never been but i know its hella expensive.

amongst all the salons i listed above, i\'ve been to AOI, misako and beach.
    after all these salons, i still perfer air hair salon downtown because its a bit cheaper than some of the salons (under $40 and then tax), and all the stylists seem to be very well trained and experienced.
    misako has been around for a while i think and a lot of people say its good.
    i just stopped going and changed salons because the hairstylist i used to get my hair cut went home to japan.
    but i know that salon is pretty reliable.

just a piece of advice: you might want to take a picture of what you want your hair to end up looking, or pick out a style there at the salon out of the magazines there.

i hope the cut turns out well :D
  5. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

chura is pretty cool B)
    $25 for a hair cut, and most of the stylists do an excellent job!
  6. oooh thanks!!

hm would you by chance kno anything bout perms? i was thinking of getting a digital perm, but i heard it dries your hair out and if you try to straighten it during the time that it\'s still wavy, it gets really messed :pinch:
  7. taremi

taremi Full Member

hi cookie__crumbs!

i\'m not familar with what a \'digital perm\' is...
    i know tho, that many of the japaanese salons import japanese perm chemicals.
    they go well with asian hair because canadian perm chemicals are apparently a lot stronger than the japanese kind, and it fries out your hair way more.
    its probably about $20 more expensive, but may be worth it!
  8. oooh i see. THANKS TAREMI!

mmm would you by chance know some good places for eyebrow care too? preferably plucking places cause threading caused half my eyebrows to disppear :(
  9. tjeng

tjeng Full Member

I went to some of the websites, and they do updo\'s as well right. I have to book my hair apppoint ment for grad preferably this weekend or the next, so has anyone been to any place that is good? [I\'m going for like a half-up-half-down look that is not too rigid.. I kind of want it just soft and natural-- like the spring look this year] So if you guys could help me out, that;d be fabulous!!
  10. eshen

eshen Full Member

theres this place call long.. something... its chinese... on main and 19th, thats where i go all the time. i think shes really good and its only $28-30 a cut and wash...
  11. tjeng

tjeng Full Member

thanks... oh i\'ve got so many choices:pinch: i don\'t even know how i\'m gonna decide... but if i\'m getting my hair done for grad though
  12. canido

canido Full Member

Hey ryan, where is Chura\'s?

Backstage is another good place to get your haircut, but its\' in Richmond. And they do \"up-dos\" too, they are pretty well known.
  13. Kappamaki

Kappamaki New Member

cookie__crumbs wrote:
    I\'ve been wanting a digital perm too. My sister found this korean place on north road in coquitlam that will do it for $80. But I\'m not sure about it cause I need more info on it.

Anyways this is a nice info page on it...

Anyone know anything else about digi perms or some good salons for a better price?
  14. tjeng

tjeng Full Member

candido,
    Chura is on West Hastings... You can take bus 160 there and get off at Long and McQuade; there\'s a waves cafe and blenz coffee across the street from Chura.

And btw, does anyone know how to get to Air Hair Salon? My friend told me to get off at Granville and take #6. Is there any other way?
  15. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

tjeng wrote:
    I only know how to get to the one in Richmond, it\'s in Aberdeen Center on the second floor. It was pretty big when it opened but like, it sold half of the space off to another shop. :blink:
  16. tjeng

tjeng Full Member

yeah.. cuz i haven\'t decided whether i should get my hair done yet... i\'m thinking either Air or Chura, but i\'ll figure it out later...