Hapa Izakaya

Discussion in 'Food & Restaurants' started by jadore_dior, Dec 29, 2005.

1. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

Hapa Izakaya is drinking, tapas bar with small dishes that are absolutely delicious!! Dishes range from around $10-$12. Izakayas are very popular in Japan and is a great place to meet with friends for a couple of drinks and tapas. Oooo don\'t forget to order the sake served in a hollowed bamboo container. The grilled saba is awesome. It is presented raw and they use a hand held blowtorch to gently sear it to perfection!! Try it!
  2. RichardWilinski

RichardWilinski Full Member

Hapa rocks. I\'ve been going there since 2003 and it\'s one of my favorites B)

Post edited by: richardwilinski, at: 2006/03/02 03:39
  3. lharder

lharder New Member

OMG!! One of my fave places. I love how they greet you when you come in and leave too.
    The Yellowfin tuna in a teriyaki (I think it is) is great too!
    Have you tried the rice dishes that you cook in the stone bowls too?
    I tried the cold Sake in the bamboo and it was great! I was a little tipsy leaving the place but the atmosphere is great. I love the mood especially with the blacked out windows. Easier to focus on your company then people watch through the windows.
  4. applegummy

applegummy Full Member

omg I love hapas!! My friend took us there for her bday in Aug. and I feel in love with this place! I think my fav dish would be the Mentaiko Udon, it's very very unique!
  5. Choco_Cat

Choco_Cat Full Member

Hapa used to be one of my favorites but i think the service and food has gone downhill in the last year. Seems like since they've expanded i've noticed the difference.
  6. juicy_luv

juicy_luv Full Member

hapa used to be really good.. they had good service with good food
    but after they changed the menu a bit.. they arent that great
    anymore.. and they dont have good service either..
    i like other izakayas better now.... like guu and shiru-bay on
    mainland street
  7. trendzme

trendzme New Member

agreed, hapa used to be better so now i just go over to guu