Have you been going to the gym?

Discussion in 'Health/Exercise' started by xsalesjunkiex, Apr 14, 2006.

1. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

who here works out or goes to the gym on a regular basis? if so, which gym do you go to?

i guess now would be a good time to work out seeing how it\'s getting close to summer B)

here\'s a pic of me doing my arm curls at the gym:

[​IMG]

B)
  2. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

hahaha nice ryan!!

ya i work out, but i\'ve been doing more at home since i\'ve been so busy with job and school
  3. eklizard

eklizard Full Member

I used to work out a little a home, running and abs in the past. Haven\'t for a while. I just started working out again last month, but tough to find the time. I go to Fitness world because it\'s close to work so I can go at lunch time and they have multiple locations. They\'re okay but not great. I only go because it\'s near work so I can duck out a lunch time. If I had to drive to go a gym or it\'s not super convienent, I\'m afraid I just wouldn\'t go.

I really depends on what you like doing... fitness classes, working with weights. Me, I like the classes and also running on the tread mills.
  4. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

see i\'ve been so busy that i\'ve been working out in the morning before i go to work.....i find it easier that way and more motivating

but i do agree it depends on what you are doing....i prefer to go to classes, but then again, it\'s classes that i enjoy....kickboxing, hip hop, strippersize, lol.

if the class is boring, then i won\'t go to them and i get bored easily...and if the instructor sucks and is boring
  5. eklizard

eklizard Full Member

YES Babyblues, it is tough to find a good instructor which makes all the difference. I know lots of people work out in the morning and it is a good way of getting your workout done but I am so not a morning person - it\'s all I can do to get my butt out of bed and to work on time! LOL
  6. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

see i\'m too tired at night, although i am a night owl, lol.

i do workout at night though, it just depends on whether i\'m doing a class at night or not. if i work out inthe morning, it\'s at home and what not.

plus i find if i get into a routine in the morning than i\'m ok....like right now i\'m into a routine of doing a 30-45 min hardcore workout inthe morning so it\'s not too bad......plus i\'m ok for getting up at 6:30am right now for that.

I\'ve had too many experiences with bad instructors for classes that i\'m really picky, especially with classes like kickboxing which should be focusing on form not speed.

I\'m into doing some fun classes now though, like strippersize and all that.....then again that also deals with a good instructor who has a good personality to be able to really get everyone motivated
  7. LuxeLife

LuxeLife Full Member

I go to the gym @ Langara campus by Cambie & 49th cuz I live in the West 57th area. Which gym do you guys go to?
  8. tamara

tamara Full Member

dang it, you guys are making me feel guilty cuz i haven\'t been going to the gym on a reg basis. i go to just ladies cuz i don\'t like guys seeing me all sweaty. guess i\'ll go today...after i go shopping and check out some of those sales you guys have been talking aboutB)
  9. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

ya i have a pass at \"fitcity\" and got tired of working out at the community centre b/c my gf\'s and i couldn\'t work out there without some sleezy guys trying to chat with us.....ummm working out, don\'t wanna chat with a sweaty guy, lol..

plus fitcity wasn\'t all \"so you gonna buy?????\" they were really nice, and my package has unlimited tanning as well so it\'s good when i feel like jumping in the tanning booth
  10. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

I go to Fit Xpress on Commercial and 1st in Vancouver. I love it becuase it\'s 24 hours plus I do the :unsure: tanning... I know it\'s bad but I hate looking pale!!!

My gym is super cheap. it\'s $24.99 a month and you can add unlimited tanning for an extra $20 a month.

The only setback..well not for me..heheh..is that it\'s mostly guys that go to my gym but they are ususally all downstairs using the weights. the cardio machines are upstairs.

I should go 4 days but usually only go 3 times a week.
  11. canido

canido Full Member

Fitness World isn\'t bad either, I use to go to the one in Richmond. They just extended their gym, and they have an upstairs area just for women. It was great there, unfortunately i am not the \"Working out\" kinda gal, so i barely went.
  12. labelwhore

labelwhore Full Member

LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    i dont work out a gym. i just go out for a run in a park. stretch, warm up, run until my ass falls off. and hey. :wavespin: im pretty damn happy
  13. Chicken Balls

Chicken Balls Full Member

I go to VRC (vancouver racquet club) gym. Its a nice small gym, never had a line up at all! Has all the stuff i would need and its clean. I think i pay around 22$ a month. I go about 4x a week.
  14. pandalover

pandalover Ultimate Deal Queen

That's a pretty good deal!
  15. s_luong96

s_luong96 Full Member

I am a student at SFU so we get full gym facilities for free (well not really we pay all those fees and what not)
  16. labelwhore

labelwhore Full Member

thats still cool thooouuughhh :D
  17. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

I was going to the gym since january with my boyfriend but for the last 2 months we haven't gone.. the weather is just too nice and the gym is just too hot.

I notice that when i stop going i actually loose weight.. and i don't think it's muscle that i'm loosing. I think it's just me.. or it could be because i'm less hungry when i don't go to the gym.. i dunno.. is anyone else like this???
  18. Chicken Balls

Chicken Balls Full Member

it probably is muscle => fat? are your arms and legs and stuff less firm?...hmm maybe u shoudl find another gym if you find it too hot? when i'm at the gym its always nice and a/c..its like colder in the gym than outside.
  19. sweetbbgirl27

sweetbbgirl27 Full Member

Hey Guys,

I joined fitness world in June and have been going since. I go to the one on Broadway (the new facility). It snot bad there, but I find it too pricey. Can anyone recommend any other gym facility around downtown Vancouver. I like doing the classes

BB
  20. ryeguy

ryeguy Webmaster Staff Member

you really only have a few other choices and i'm not sure how competative their rates will be..... try the YMCA (on burrard close to the IGA) or the bentall centre athletic club (located at Bentall 4) on dunsmir.

There's also fitcity right next to the BCIT campus on seymour.. i hope that helps!! :wavespin: