Henna Tattoo!!

Discussion in 'Makeup/Skin' started by xx.noesamor, Apr 16, 2006.

1. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

Okay. I want to get a henna tattoo done since I\'m too young to get a real one(I\'m turning 15 this year). And I don\'t really one to get a real one done anyways since I change really easily, and if I get a permanent one, I know for sure that I\'ll regret, so yeah. ^^\" If you know a place that\'s good, do tell me, and if you had one done before, tell me what you think about it too. Thanks! :side:
  2. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

Of course real tatty\'s are the best. I got mine done at Dutchman in New West. Everyone goes there it seems like. If you don\'t want the permanent tatty\'s then get those water-transfer ones. My little niece buys them at dollar stores. These should give you the look you want to achieve :)
  3. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

Yeah, but the thing is, I done that when I was really small for fun. I\'ve done the airbrush ones. I\'m just missing the henna tattoo ones. Since it doesn\'t hurt to try, why not do it and take it into the list anyways! :cheer:
  4. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

henna tattoos are really nice....i got a couple done last year and they look really nice.......the thing is though, i got mine done at a school where they were having a \"multicultural\" day and whatnot and i happen to be working there that day so i jumped at the chance, lol.

just go online and check around
  5. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

Babyblues wrote:
    I did, but it doesn\'t seems to have any shops that do them in Vancouver. :blink:
  6. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

i would check maybe places that do \"threading\" maybe they do henna as well??
  7. fro

fro Full Member

..well being east indian lol ive had my fair share of henna done..but i do prefer reall tattys...but if you jus wana experiment then henna is good tho it wunt give you the same effect since it doesnt come in black (more orangy red or dark brown thingy)..they use to make black back in the day but apparently its poisonous :( ..so ne way mm yah there arnt many places around that do it..usually indian brides have special henna artists come to their houses..but unfortunatley i dunt have any numbers or anything..the only thing i can suggest is goin to a indian beauty salon and askin them if they do it or know anyone..most likely they will..or looking in an indo canadian directory..there are a whole bunch of salons on fraser st in vancouver near the 50th blk...or in richmond professional touch use to do it..i heard sum girl come in once and ask..:p hope that helps!
  8. mk04

mk04 Full Member

practicly ANY east indian salon will offer henna!!! most are pretty decent at it, just ask to see some pictures beforehand or something. normally per hand its about $5-10, the good thing is if you dont like it all that much it\'ll come off in a week or two.

also, if ur ambitious lol u can actually buy some (superstore has some) and do it urself!! its not too bad, just google some flowery designs and use a toothpick!!
    Please login or register to view links

Post edited by: mk04, at: 2006/04/18 18:23
  9. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

mk04 wrote:
    Lol! Really? Sweet! I want to get one done on my back but it\'s my own design XD! awesome! I\'ll go check out the superstore. Thanks a bunch!;)
  10. Katie

Katie Full Member

i\'ve gotten it done before...loved it.

i want to get some on the top of my foot for the summer. its just such a unique fun thing. i love it.
  11. Material Girl

Material Girl Full Member

MK04 you know so much about this. Are you a Menhdi artist?
  12. mk04

mk04 Full Member

lol material girl im no \'artist\' but i am south asian & its very cultural so i do put it on frequently for holidays, weddings, etc etc.. i used to get it done before but now i buy and experiment myself, it gets better w/ practice and i think its sort of fun!!:p you should definitely try if u haven\'t yet!!
  13. Bright Ideas

Bright Ideas Full Member

u should start charging ppl to do it for them :)
  14. canido

canido Full Member

I got some done at Southgate mall in the states, it was awesome and it stayed for several days. I liked the fact that it washes away after several days, because when you get sick of the design, you can new ones done soon!

not like a bad hair cut~ ><
  15. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

That\'s really true, canido lol! I had a bad hair cut once and it took so long to grow back >.<! During that time, my hair was like...messed up. XD