highlights!!

Discussion in 'Hair/Nails' started by Husna, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Husna

Husna Full Member

Hey guyz,

I was wondering if anyone knows a nice place where I can highlight my hair. I\'ve done it in the past it looked good but it faded too quickly and it was really expensive. by the was i did red, i\'ve got dark hair. Pleas any suggestions would be helpful of a nice salon that has reasonable price. Or a referrral to anyone you know?:p
  2. Katie

Katie Full Member

Hey there!! I am also in desperate need of highlights!! i got it done for the first time a few months ago, and i didn\'t really like the outcome...they looked more like streaks not highlights..
    so i\'m looking for somewhere with great employees, reasonable prices..and closeby would also be apprieciated...anyone know anywhere in surrey?
    thanks

this is my new favorite site...i have barginhunters disease...:dance:
  3. natpell

natpell Full Member

Hey, check out the hair art academy in surrey and newwest if you want your hair done, its really cheap , but keep in mind that students do yur hair, and sometimes it does take them a while to do your hair

Check out their site!!:
    Please login or register to view links

Heres their price list:

HAIR CARE.

Shampoo, Cut, Blow Dry.....$12.00

Shampoo, Cut, Blow Dry, Iron or Set.....$21.00

Shampoo, Cut, Blow Dry,Round Brush Finish.....$25.00

Shampoo, Set.....$11.00

Shampoo, Blow Dry, Iron.....$11.00

Shampoo, Blow Dry & Flat Iron.....$25.00

CONDITIONING TREATMENTS.
    (incl. shampoo and blow dry).

WELLA Executive Hair Treatment
    (20 min. stress relieving massage with steam).
    $5.00 off when used in combination with other services.....$30.00

Deep Conditioning Treatment
    50% discount with other services.....$20.00

PERMS, COLOURS and HI-LITES.

Set with Irons or Rollers not included

Regular Hair Perm (includes haircut).....$45.00

Sensitive Hair Perm (includes haircut).....$55.00

Long-Hair Perm/Spiral Perm (complimentry consultation).....Quoted Price.

Semi-Permanet Colour (includes conditioning & blow dry).....$35.00

Permanent Colour (includes conditioning and blow dry).....$35.00

Comb-Thru HiLites (recommended for curly hair).....$35.00

Cap Hi-Lites (includes conditioning & blow dry).....$50.00

Foil Hi-Lites (includes conditioning & blow dry).....$$69.00

Oil Bleach starting at.....$37.00

OTHER SERVICES.

Long Hair Updos starting at.....$30.00

Bang Trim.....$5.00

Beard/Moustache Trim (comp. with haircut).....$6.00

Corrective Colour.....$40.00/hr.

Manicure (50% off with other services).....$12.00
  4. fro

fro Full Member

hey to both of u :whistle:

well i get my hair done at hennessy salon in rmd center but theres one in almost every city....its not too cheap but i belive that its not too too pricey either...its almost impossible to find a salon dat does colour real well and doesnt charge alot...especially if u have black or real natural dark hair its hard to get the acheived colour u really want!!...trust me ive gone to my fair share of salons and seen horrible results...and once u start goin to the same hairdresser they do make it cheaper cause ur a regular client..as for red higlights its not the salon its the red colur...red fades reaaaaalllll fast...so unless u wana get it touhced up every 2motnhs or so...and as for the streaky look...i kno what u mean! i saw a girl with it but she was young it luked \"weird\"...and most professional salons dont do dat when u ask for highlights or u can always tell them b4 hand what u want and dunt want so they know...and places like hennessy if ur not satisifed they will fix it!...hope that helps :blink:

approx.$100 for full head higlights (shoulder length hair)+ tax

approx. $80 for full head colur +tax

and deep condionting and cuts are cheaper if u get it done in a package with ur colour!
  5. Katie

Katie Full Member

thats great! thanks guys!

its ironic you said the Hair art academy....my aunt just went there last weekend, and had a terrible experience. she was getting her highlights done and the guy left them in for SOO long, it completely fried her hair, and the whole time he kept acting like he kneww what he was doing he wouldn\'t let the teacher help him at all.
    i\'m sure each student is different but i definitely don\'t want that guy hah.

yeah i have pretty dark hair, and i want caramel coloured highlights...i realize it probably wont be easy, and probably take lots of up keep.. but thats hwy i want to find someone at a good price ! ;) :p
  6. Husna

Husna Full Member

trust me never go to a school to get anything done!!!!!:sick:
  7. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

I have a friend who always gets hers done at a school, I think she said near Granville Island, and all she has to pay for is the produces they use. She told me to expect to spend a LOT of time there. She goes to students who have done it before but just take 3 or 4 hours instead of 1. Heh.

I\'ll ask her what place it is.
  8. Husna

Husna Full Member

I think it would be cool if salons had sales too!!!!
  9. RichardWilinski

RichardWilinski Full Member

PROPAGANDA on West 4th is a good salon to check out. They do superb color highlights with friendly kool staff B)
  10. canido

canido Full Member

My mom always said that you hair is your crown. And it\'s true, no matter how pretty or good you look..if yuo have horrible hair, tha\'ts the first thing ppls will notice or you will be conscious of when you see urself in the mirror.

So yeah, i really wouldn\'t go to students to do any highlights or for a haircut. Although its\' cheaper, think about the repurcussions when you have to \"fix\" the damage they caused. Also they take longer to accomplish a task...and time IS money.

its\' better to pay a bit more for a proffessional, where there are less chances for mistakes. Good luck highlighting! =)
  11. mcbash78

mcbash78 New Member

Top two places for me for highlights:

Michaud\'s Salon & Spa 5669 176 Street, Cloverdale, BC. Ph: 604-574-9959
    Please login or register to view links
    I recommend Heather

Maude Salon
    2072 West 4th, Vancouver
    604-730-9933
    I recommend James - tell him Ashley referred you.

When it comes to hair - you get what you pay for. Find a cheap place - get cheap looking highlights. Pay a little more and you will get better results.