Horrible service @The Coach store Downtown

Discussion in 'Apparel & Shopping' started by jadore_dior, Jan 3, 2006.

1. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

I purchased a Coach agenda in the states for about $70 US and needed to replace the diary.

I was told maybe about a month ago from coach on Burrard that they are all out and they keep telling me it\'ll be in next week then next week. Finally I asked them to call me when they get any in and put it on hold.

I\'ve been waiting since then and finally called them. The lady told me to call back in a couple days becuase if they didn\'t receive any in this shipment then they\'d order it from the Toronto store.

I did call back a couple days later and the same lady told me that they don\'t do orders like that... WTH!! I called back a day later and the guy that answered told me that they received the style I wanted last week but they never held it for me or called! I told him that I had my name down on the waiting list and he had to check with his co-workers and told me there is no \"waiting list\". I was sooo furious!!

I decided to order it online and found out that coach doesn\'t do international order online after I filled out all the information require.

I then had to call them to order through the telephone. I found out it would cost me $40 for agenda re-fil. $20 for the re-fill and around $20 Shipping and handling to Canada. That\'s ridiculous!!

Finally I decided to get it sent to Point Roberts in Washington where I\'ll get it sent to and drive all the way there and pick it up.. it\'s better than paying $40 for a tiny little book of paper OR dealing with the un-proffesional sales advisors at the COACH store on BURRARD!!!

So after spending $70 US on a Coach agenda.. was it worth it??? NO!!... I should\'a went the the dollar store and just bought one there.. hehe!!

Post edited by: jadore_dior, at: 2006/01/03 23:06
  2. shopaholic_goddess

shopaholic_goddess Full Member

You should've kept the woman's name and report her.:sad:that's bad service!!
  3. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

I had EXTREMELY bad service at the Oakridge Coach store. I went in there about a month ago and there were 3 sales girls. 2 Asian, and 1 East Indian. I am neither. I walked in, there were 2 customers in there, and i was curious to see what new stock they had. I was in there for about 10 minutes, and not 1 employee said a word to me. Yes, i was wearing yoga pants, but i still looked professional. As i was walking out a younger Asian girl came in, in yoga pants as well, and they were on her like a bear on honey, and i completely walked out of their in disgust. The sales girls looked me up and down and i guess figured i didn't have any money. I guess if i had walked in with my coach or louis vuitton bag they would have flocked to me. Then again, i think it was because i wasn't either nationality, and b/c they probably felt i wasn't worth their time.

But i went into the BCBG store that same time, and everyone treated me very well, regardless of my yoga pants. It was just nice to see they weren't basing their service on how i was dressed.
  4. pandalover

pandalover Ultimate Deal Queen

That is ridiculus:unsure But I agree with you about BCBG, I love going in there because most of them (i won't say all) have good customer service.
  5. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

that experience at that Coach location made me more willing to drive to the states to purchase any of my Coach items. I have no patience for people who don't respect me because i'm not dressed to the "nines" in the latest item.

Yes i love fashion, but i'm also $$ conscious since i have my own bills to pay and my own needs to service. That's why when i do decide to go out and spend a bit more $$ for something nice, it makes me not want to shell out the money even more so.
  6. homechips

homechips New Member

Babyblues,

Do you feel that it is necessary to identify these sales people as "2 Asian, and 1 East Indian"? You sound kind of racist.
  7. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

i'm far from being a racist. I have the utmost respect for people of diverse cultures. I have friends of all different nationalities, as well as dated all different nationalities.
    The reason i made that reference is because racism goes all ways, and it's an unfortunate thing. I've been on the receiving end of it, as well as witnessed people on the receiving end while in stores, and have seen friends have that as well.
  8. princessice

princessice Full Member

where is the BCBG store? ive never seen any in vancouver...i only ever see their stuff in stores that carry their stock
  9. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

there's a BCBG on robson, and there's one in Oakridge --> this one is near the food court. i walked by and something caught my eye and i noticed it. I always forgot there was one on Robson and never went in
  10. swindle

swindle Full Member

you know, most associates at coach get paid minimum...so don't be so hard on them. I went to the one in oakridge and had spectacular service, from all the ladies of diff races, but I won't specifiy because that's redundant.
  11. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

irregardless of getting paid minimum wage or not. greeting a customer is the first lesson that employers convey to their employees. i was in there for 10 minutes and all three sales associates looked at me and didn't say one word. No "hello" "can i help you" or anything. And no they weren't busy because they were standing around the store not doing anything.
    I wouldn't have had this reaction, had i not seen someone come in w/in minutes and all the associates pounce on her asking her if there was anything she was looking for.
    It also had nothing to do with age, since she was younger than me as well.
    We've had this discussion before on previous threads about how not to be upset b/c employees are getting paid minimum wage. Sorry, doesn't work that way sweetie. A job is a job, and most retail jobs get paid minimum wage so there is no excuses. I had better service at Winners than at Coach in Oakridge
  12. swindle

swindle Full Member

that's true, but if you think about how exploited these workers are (esp since coach is definately not a poor company), I feel for them. if I were in ur position though, I'd be pretty pissed off too esp since someone came in after and was helped. maybe they were intimidated by you? hahaha.....

I went there and had really good service, every single employee came over to me and my friends (1 friend was dressed really ragged haha cuz she just came from working out) and were really helpful, talkative and not pushy. but who knows, maybe on another visit, they wouldn't be so helpful. I notice that stores are not alwasy consistent with service.
  13. cloudS

cloudS Full Member

Whenever I go to the Coach store in Oakridge I always get good service. All the people working there always come to me and my sister eventhough sometimes I'm wearing my yoga pants and filp flops. All of them are very nice and helpful.
  14. jennydoll_604

jennydoll_604 New Member

I find that bebe stores have horrible customer service, not including oakridge but downtown some salespeople can be pretentious or snobby. Metro bebe some salespeople would rather stand around and look pretty than even inquire if anybody needs any help... of course there are good sales associates but these are just two stores where ive had bad customer service on a regular basis.
  15. jessicaw

jessicaw Full Member

lol holy crap. that service is ridiculouss!
  16. hellyeah08

hellyeah08 New Member

17. tapthatass

tapthatass Full Member

i dont think ive ever been in that situation at coach. but personally for me, iuno if itll sound wierd but i FEEL BAD for ignoring customers. like if someone came to a high end store and wore like cheap clothes, ill still great them because i dont want them to think that just becuase there wearing cheap clothes they shouldnt be helped and greeted
  18. BUNT

BUNT Full Member

Coach isn't even that high end

it is nowhere near the level of hermes or louis vuitton

its a typical mall store in the states - they even sell the brand at macys - lol
  19. aaronem

aaronem Full Member

I usually have really amazing service at Coach, no matter how I'm dressed..it's probably just that certain person, not the entire coach name
  20. angelcheng55

angelcheng55 Full Member

haha too scared to go in >< i hate being served.. it feels like somebodys pushing you into buying something ><