Join our discussions now! Registration is really easy, fast, and free! Sign up or
Login with Facebook

ICBC Driver Licensing Office

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Ireneheartz, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Ireneheartz

Ireneheartz Full Member

Hi! i'm trying to get my L (knowledge test) but does anyone know if the driver licensing office on commercial drive would be opened on thanksgiving? i want to get my L as soon as possible! thanks! :)

also, does anyone know if for the practice knowledge test on the website will be different than most of the questions on the real exam.. like the choices for the questions? cause i mainly just memorized the answer xP
  2. ELLE

ELLE Elite Member

All ICBC places are closed on Thanksgiving because it is a holiday lol

Memorizing the answer isn't going to help you, READ THE BOOK...and pay attention to the RULES OF THE ROAD.
    :p Cause the answer changes everytime you take it (as in the questions asked)
    Ireneheartz likes this.
  3. laughing.machine

laughing.machine Full Member

I agree with above!
    Dont memorize the answers, read the book carefully and learn everything. Think about when you start driving. imagine not knowing which car turns first, or not knowing what certain signs mean. it can get very stressful and scary!
    Honestly the knowledge test is not very hard. just spend couple of hours and carefully read the book. all the answers are just common sense.
    and make sure you read the questions carefully durning the test. they can be kind of tricky.
    Ireneheartz likes this.
  4. dogluver

dogluver Full Member

do take your time clicking on the right answers on the test, you can skip the same questions 2 or 3 times.. Dont answer all the questions at once. I failed my first test that way.. Do the easy one's first :p
    Ireneheartz likes this.
  5. neonscent

neonscent Elite Member

no, its a holiday, all icbcs are closed on thanksgiving. and also you shouldn't just MEMORIZE, like acutally know the signs. because once you start driving you have to look at all these signs on the road and know what they mean
    Ireneheartz likes this.
  6. festealth

festealth Full Member

Don't worry about the written exam, it's pretty much useless when you're actually driving anyways, lol.
  7. princessice

princessice Full Member

if you want to do it asap, i think they're open on saturdays so you could head down tmr if your ready
    pay attention to the signs/lights/lane lines section. those tend to pop up quite a bit
  8. iPat

iPat Full Member

The real test is a lot trickier than the sample questions you get on-line. But on the real test, once you got 40 correct answers, the test program will stop so you don't have to continue doing the rest! Saves you lots of time :)
  9. forthewinwin

forthewinwin Full Member

Knowing them they won't be open. :p
  10. vancity2010

vancity2010 Full Member

lol way back when I did my knowledge test, the real test had some of the same questions as the practice test did!
  11. conosur

conosur New Member

You really should read the book! The test will be mostly driving situation questions - stuff you can't really memorize - and some rules and sign questions.

Not sure if these guys have the commercial licence, but they do have the 7L driver's test and the motorcycle test. You might want to check them out - Please login or register to view links
  12. CANDY

CANDY Moderator Staff Member

read the questions and answers really carefully. Some of the answers were very similar.
  13. ELLE

ELLE Elite Member

I practiced with this:
    Please login or register to view links

Because the one that's provided on the ICBC site is super easy. And the questions in the actual is A LOT MORE CONFUSING.
  14. blair

blair Elite Member

^ I practiced with that too! That one is A LOT more useful than the practice test on the ICBC site and there were quite a few questions from the library practice test that were on the actual test that I took.

Make sure you read the book though too, I stupidly listened to people that said that you don't need to read the book and I failed the first time I took it.
  15. SmileyGuy

SmileyGuy Full Member

Man, you all with your other sources of practice! all I went off of was the practice quiz :( i got lucky ^_^ I was 1 mistake away from failing, but I answered correctly LOL
  16. jdhaliwal

jdhaliwal New Member

Just study from the practice test on the ICBC website. OMG, that's nothing compared to getting your N. I went on Friday, and got too nervous. Unfortunately I failed. Now I'm scared to even go back. I might do standby, but have a feeling that I'll never pass. :( I personally thought i was a pretty good driver up until I took the Road Test. My examiner was too intimidating.
  17. DreamStory

DreamStory Full Member

^
    Yeah, nerves get to you. >< Thankfully it only took me 2 times. You just have to practice a lot more so you feel more comfortable and confident behind the wheel. Don't let the examiner get to you.
  18. justHER.

justHER. Member

Im taking my knowledge test next week. How many questions can you skip at a time and how many times can you do it? Im so nervous. Are the questions on the ICBC practice test similar to the one on the real test? I know it's not like word for word and probably much more harder but is the format the same? Some what common sense questions? Thanks in advance :)
  19. conosur

conosur New Member

As far as I know, you can skip as many questions as you like.

If you fail, you will have to wait 1 business day to re-write the test.

Like others have said, the sample test on the ICBC website is super easy. You need to practice a more difficult 7L test to make sure you know the rules. And make sure you read the book!!
  20. xneener

xneener Moderator Staff Member

^I don't think that's true.
    I think you can skip 10 and then of those 10 one of them will come back up or something its been years, but i think that's how it was.