Indian Food!!

Discussion in 'Food & Restaurants' started by mk04, Apr 26, 2006.

1. mk04

mk04 Full Member

ok so i have noticed the \'asian domination\' of foods on here lol, and i guess this is adding to it haha
    ...but whats everyones fav indian or south asian dish/restaurant??
    personally, i looove butter chicken!! :cheer:
  2. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

butter chicken is awesome!!! especially from \"curry in a hurry\" when they\'re at the PNE......amazing family and service!!!
  3. Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle

Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle Full Member

Butter chicken is def top on my list. havent been to many indian eateries. Just to Ashiana Tandoori on kingsway, this other indian place on main near 50th, the indian eatery at the food court in Guildford mall and the same franchise in Metro
  4. Slash

Slash New Member

\'ello all..

Good Indian resturants in Vancouver that you must try:
    1. India Bistro (On Davie and Thurlow - i think -, close to the Starbucks)
    2. Mirchi on Granville St. & 65th Ave.
    3. Dosa House/Hut on Kingsway & Knight
  5. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

thanks for the recommendations slash.

i only know of this one place at the corner of scott road and 108th ave i believe...it\'s a buffet so all the butter chicken and lamb curry u could ever want.. plus dessert too! :p
  6. canido

canido Full Member

All you can eat..that\'s what I need to sample Indian food, so i know what i like!

What is the place called Ryan?
  7. Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle

Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle Full Member

i just had buttered chicken wit peas fo dinna. smack smack.
  8. canido

canido Full Member

I went to Samosa king on KingsWay (right before burnaby)..it was all you can eat dinner. To be honest, i didnt\' like it because the selection was too small and the spices too strong.

The one you went to Ryan, did they have bones in their chicken? i am lazy and i like to have the bones removed when i eat them. teeheee
  9. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

I looove Indian Food!!! We used to go to this place in Surrey called.... called....omg.. i forgot what it was called and i\'m not too familiar with Surrey.

Anyways.. it\'s all you can eat and it\'s so yummy!!

I\'d love to go more often but my BF doen\'t like indian food too much.. he says it\'s too \"heavy\"

;)
  10. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

I know this is kinda off topic but..

Wasn\'t it Dosa house that was victimized by a robber and the dishwashers chased the robber out with knives??

I hope the guy gets caught.. he\'s already killed an innocent by-stander at a Congee noodle house on Main.

I really hope karma hits this robber like an anvil!!!

11. careroll

careroll Full Member

hmm i HAVE to go to tandoori king on fraser and 65th... you MUST tried their naan and veggie korma.. so good!! oh and their butter chicken is good too =)
  12. infinity

infinity New Member

Definitely Akbar's Own (Big Fan) on West Broadway and I heard Vij's is good. =)
  13. Viv1985

Viv1985 Full Member

i try this one by 50th and fraser or main st. very good buffet $10 :smile: ​
  14. tiny t

tiny t Full Member

hmm thats really weird, its suppose to be boneless chicken in the butter chicken:unsure
    Anyways, some good indian places in surrey are:
    - Gateway pizza ( they also serve indian dishes but i think it might be tke out only)
    - Tasty Sweets
    - Desi Junction
    - Haweli Grill (havent personally been to it but heard its good, more of a wine and dine atmosphere i believe)

enjoy:D
  15. fro

fro Full Member

sorry to say but in my opinion:

-gateway pizza is relli dirrty:dizzy:
    -desi junction is a bar as well so to many drunk old men haha
    -hawelli grill used to be a private club for men before...so ew gross even though its changed i dunt wana eat there

.............a small clean and cheaper place in surrey that has AWESOME indian food i would say is Diamond restaurant & sweets (forget the exact name)...its in the same plaza as the superstore closer to the alex fraser bridge or w.e:unsure ...its relli hard to get real authentic indian cusines i agree they usually overload it with spices or water it down and make it all taste the same!
  16. tiny t

tiny t Full Member

ewwwwww those places sound so nasty now, i havent really been inside any of those places i just get take out, and im glad i do after what you said:unsure:
  17. fro

fro Full Member

haha i kno im relli picky and being south asian i can tell u their are sum relli:sick: places out there especialy in surrey which has a lot of restaurants....its hard to pick the good ones and bad ones out
  18. CarolineClap

CarolineClap Full Member

Vij's is really good. I even made some of the recipes out of his book at home and they turned out well. We figured out that the meal cost $30 for four people instead of about $100 if you ate in the restaurant!