1. yakaike

yakaike Full Member

there\'s a korean tofu hot pot place on north road on the side of HanAreum Market.
    That place is GOOOD! They mainly only have tofu hot pot cuz thats what the store is called but its GOOOD.
    yummyy!!! Hafta try that out
  2. canido

canido Full Member

There is this place in Richmond beside the Save-on Food on #3 road which isn\'t bad. They have a wide variety of meat and is cheap, but definitely not authentic.

There are a lot of korean bbq near the Lougheed Mall Area, and most of them are pretty good. SOrry but i forgot their name.

Jang Mo Jib is quite famous, but you can\'t bbq the meat yourself. They are located on Robson, and another is in Richmond in Acrkoyd road.
  3. RichardWilinski

RichardWilinski Full Member

The JANG MO JIB located on Robson is always busy and serves up fast & good Korean fare. I wouldn\'t recommend the JANG MO JIB located in Richmond though. The service seems to be lacking there.

If you like the self-serve-BBQ-at-your table style, try SHABUSEN on Granville or the one on Burrard. I prefer the one on Granville.

I remember a long time ago I used to go to this place located on East Broadway called SHIN-LA. I\'m not sure if it is still in existence. But they had the Korean bulgokee style as well.
  4. yakaike wrote:
    oooo iknow that place its called

\"house of tofu soup\"

unit #1 &2 4563 North Rd.
    Burnaby BC
    Fone numba: 604.420.5254
  5. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Richard, the one that was on broadway, is that the one across from the old Big Bamboo Club (was Daddy-O\'s, and now Barcode)?
    I went there YEARS ago and they had some good Korean BBQ. Went there a few times, but haven\'t been since
  6. HarajukuLover

HarajukuLover Full Member

I wuz in a rush today cuz I had to drive my friend to da airport. So we had lunch at da food court at Yaohan Centre in Richmond. I had bbq beef short ribs wit rice and 3 cold side veggie dishes (I got shredded radish, kimchi & seaweed) at that korean place there and it wuz yummeeEEeeeeee!!! It\'s da #3 combo for $6.90. Go try it!!! :lol: :laugh: :dance: :p :) :laugh: :dance: :lol: :cheer:
  7. x_heartz

x_heartz Full Member

hm... theres this pretty good korean place near boundary on kingswayyyy~ its beside some indian restaurant or sumthing.... anddd.... theres also another good korean place on kingsway but... i forgot wut the address is, if u really want to know, i can go find the adresss
  8. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

hi x_heartz and welcome to the forums!

i believe you are talking about da rae oak next to simosa garden :laugh:
  9. x_heartz

x_heartz Full Member

Ryan wrote:
    thxxxxx =)

lol andd YESSSS!

i was goin to say its beside mimosa garden... lol cuz i forgot wut is it called... lol good thing i didnt embarrass myself by saying its beside mimosa garden when its actually beside simosa garden... lol
  10. Viv1985

Viv1985 Full Member

Today i eat dinner in rchmnd jang mo resaturant. good food. I eat beef short rib and many many side dish. Parking is so bad. Too many poeple.
  11. Friendster

Friendster Full Member

A good friend of mine is having a casual birthday party at a Korean bbq restaurant this weekend. Can\'t wait for some radish and kimchee :)
  12. canido

canido Full Member

Oh man, i know ..the Richmond Jang Mo Jib has awful parking spaces and they don\'t have enough space for amount of people they can sit. And it\'s dangerous to park there, coz there are so many cars. ><

But yes, i do find that the Richmond Jang Mo Jib is not as good as the one in downtown, and service is awful when i went there. It took them 45 minutes to get the food on the table, and they never had time to refill our drinks without us asking for it.
  13. April

April Full Member

I like Insadong the best but Chosun isn\'t bad either.
  14. Sales! Sales! Sales!

Sales! Sales! Sales! Full Member

I had Korean bbq & sushi @ Shabusen tonight:)
    [​IMG]
  15. sweetheart

sweetheart New Member

I was craving korean bbq so we went to jang mo jib in Richmond.....it was alrite, but i wasnt too satisfied with the sweet potatoe noodles, one of my favourite dishes but the flavour there was pretty bland...
    I live near boundary and kingsway so i will be trying the ones close to my house now ....thnx for the suggestions! :D
  16. tiaraa

tiaraa Mallvibes Member

There's one at North Vancouver near Lonsdale !
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Definitelygorgeous

Definitelygorgeous Full Member

Can someone recommend me a good place for all you can eat Korean BBQ?

Vancouver area preferably.
  18. thischiq

thischiq Full Member

downtown, shabusen
    you get off at burrard station, its right beside coach

its kind of sushi/korean bbq
    $23/person for ayce
  19. Popular

Popular Full Member

i second shabusen

heard the burrard one just finish their renovation should be nice!