LooKiN FoR a JoB???

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by HarajukuLover, Mar 7, 2006.

1. HarajukuLover

HarajukuLover Full Member

Winner\'s is hiring >> Please login or register to view links
  2. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

ya winners isn\'t that bad to work for either, my gf\'s sister worked there for a bit.

I know that starbucks is always hiring and the perks there are great!!! I worked there for 1 year and iwouldn\'t have left if my schedule wasn\'t too packed.

PNE is also a great place to work, especially for all of those out there who want a fun job or haven\'t had a job yet
  3. RichardWilinski

RichardWilinski Full Member

Babyblues, after reading your post, it brought back a flood of memories for me. I remember applying for PNE when I was 15 but never got hired :huh: I also remember working as a barista and scooped ice cream downtown heh heh. Aaah, the teenage years. B)
  4. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

WEll i\'m not a teenager anymore, lol, far from it, lol.
    Ya i know alot of people who didn\'t get hired on at PNE, i know that I was fortunate.....actually i still work there and i\'ve been there since i was 15, and that was a long long long time ago
    I\'ve never scooped ice cream, lol, but being a barista wasn\'t that bad. I actually did that for 1 year about 2 1/2 years ago b/c i was inbtwn jobs after university. It\'s great for those who want part time, or even those who want a career within the customer service industry
  5. fro

fro Full Member

does winners also pay you $8..starting?..
  6. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

most jobs pay around $8 to start. I remember that starbucks paid like $8.65 i believe to start.....don\'t quote me on that as it was a few years ago, lol
  7. canido

canido Full Member

Try applying for futureshop, they pay $9.50 an hour.

Winner seems like an easy job, it\'s hard work. my sister worked there, and she has to unload lotz of boxes from the truck and stuff. She got her back hurt several times. And you have to deal with lotz of messiness. The people there are really nice though (the one in Lansdowne) but the manager that was working at that time sucked. lolz
  8. mk04

mk04 Full Member

ok theres too many threads for jobs but this one seems like a good one...

for all UBC students there's a new coffee place -The Boulevard thats hiring full-time and part-time!! its really close the village and inbetween shoppers drugmart and cafe crepe.
  9. maryshrimp

maryshrimp Full Member

the bay at oakridge is hiring =)
    and i only went to one group interview with... 9 people there. I KNOW that 4 of us got hired and we're all in the same department.
  10. Aniles

Aniles Full Member

OOhh, Starbucks and Future Shop sound like good places to be working at!
    I believe that.. Tim Hortons is hiring (the ones in Richmond), but they`re mainly looking for people who are willing to take up graveyard shifts.
  11. myxducky

myxducky New Member

Starbucks is a good place to work at benefits-wise, you gets lots of nice stuff, BUT it's really stressful for the first month because you have to learn a lot of stuff and you'll learn that starbucks customers are super picky about their drinks. But it's okay, you recognize customers by what they want after a while. And this all could be because I work at one of the busiest starbucks in Edmonton which makes it more stressful because customers coming in is non-stop and we also have a drive-thru at the same time :(
  12. maryshrimp

maryshrimp Full Member

all four that got hired from the same group interview all work in lingerie. they're probably desperate for people in the womens.. because frankly there's NOBODY there!

and scheduling in lingerie is really tight! it'd be awesome to have more coworkers in lingerie! :p (so maybe... if something semi-important came up and I don't want to take my shift, there's actually someone who CAN take it)
  13. ceeeee01

ceeeee01 Full Member

what kind of benefits for The bay???

in starbucks.. u get like a free pack of coffee every month and u get like dental and like if you work there long enough.. they pay parts of tuition.. like 10 %.. and u get like shares of the company too...:blink:
  14. s3nsational

s3nsational Full Member

I wanted to work at starbucks but i heard its really stressful cause you gotta remember all the coffeeess and w/e
  15. s3nsational

s3nsational Full Member

anddd, most jobs start off at 8$/hour, It's only mcdonalds thats 6.50 for the first 500 hours and 8$ after that -_-
  16. CANDY

CANDY Moderator Staff Member

a&w pays $6.25 per hr and dq pays $6.00 per hr.
  17. ceeeee01

ceeeee01 Full Member

that is horrible....

retail pays way better than.. and you don't do much...well not as much as a&W / DQ
  18. s3nsational

s3nsational Full Member

oh wow, lol never knew a&w and dq paid less than mcdonalds :blink:
  19. vivelle90

vivelle90 Full Member

no, dq pays 6.25, i know someone who works there and they give you a raise like 2 monthes after, they cant be paying 6 dollars cause thats less than minimum wage:dance:
  20. xneener

xneener Moderator Staff Member

^depends on the managers. I get paid $7, apparently the manager that hired me liked me and was nice enough to start me off at $7.