Making hair grow faster...?

Discussion in 'Hair/Nails' started by pattypus, Feb 20, 2006.

1. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

I got a hair cut. A bad one! I wanted to get it layerd, and cut an inch. But, the person cut it four inches. So now I\'m pretty upset. :p

I know the problem will be solved, in time.

But are there any ways to make hair grow faster?
  2. fro

fro Full Member

well ive never relli tried any of this but frum wut i hear...apparently horse shampoo (yah i kno :S )..the mane and tail or sumthin..u can even get at like superstore is suppose to help it grow faster AND thicker..but not good if your hair is chemically procsessed or dyed..thats wut i heard tho not sure if it works..but horses do u have nice tail hair LOL:laugh: ...or u cud try those herbal supplemnts frum vitamin stores that claim itll grow faster..but its hard to trust
  3. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

Horse shampoo?

lol sounds good, I could try. :p

I also heard kelp pills work. Is that true?
  4. fro

fro Full Member

yah..its called mane and tail..kelp?..hmm not sure never heard of it..u cud try tho..luk for reviews on the net maybe..or try a herbal vitamin store ask them to gurantee itll work..or maybe ask a good hairdresser..haha..or u cud jus wait :( ..dats wut i had to do wen i got my hair all chopped off!
  5. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

You got your hair chopped off too??

Well now we have something incommon. :p Thanks for the help!

Does anyone know where I can get the mane and tail shampoo?

Post edited by: pattypus, at: 2006/02/21 21:39
  6. kaori

kaori Full Member

Try taking Spirulina which is sea kelp. You can get it at the health food stores. They come in pill format.

Or you can try rubbing peppermint essential oil in your scalp to stimulate hair growth.

Try Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo or the AG peppermint line.

Hope this helps.
  7. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

Thanks, kaori.

I was looking into the sea kelp- it helps that I know what it\'s called. ;)
  8. fro

fro Full Member

wen u try the kelp tell me if it worked lol..but u can get mane and tail at like superstore ,zellers, shoppers possibly..and any of those type of places :)
  9. canido

canido Full Member

If all seems to fail, try wigs. The good ones are awesome and aren\'t obvious. Good luckz with growing your hair faster, I am trying to grow mine too...tell me if any of the solutions work.
  10. s3nsational

s3nsational Full Member

that's what all people at salons do >.<
    you tell them to cut one inch and they cut like 4 inches off -_____-

but i don't know anything that can make hair grow faster lol >.<
  11. j_cloud

j_cloud Full Member

I think some Asian places have a "hair growth" shampoo or treatment. Supposedly Fiona Sit used it in Hong Kong after her drastic haircut for "the academy". I would think some Asian Beauty stores in Richmond would have some.
  12. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny Full Member

that totally sucks!
  13. biggie-b

biggie-b New Member

My aunt salon sell this product for balding man and she told me many woman buy it before prom to make themselves have longer hair to play with :pinch:
  14. phatfreak

phatfreak Full Member

AVACADOS
    I was on this site that was advertised
    on mallvibes and there was an article
    about how avacados are good for your hair
    and skin and can stimulate hair growth.
    If I find the site, Ill private msg you &
    post it up here too!
  15. phatfreak

phatfreak Full Member

haha i found the site and I posted the avacado
    stuff in a new thread here:

Please login or register to view links

hope it helps!!
  16. ko0ty

ko0ty Elite Member

I heard Mane and Tail works too... BUT it really dries out your hair.
  17. labelwhore

labelwhore Full Member

heat actually helps hair grow real fast. take hot showers too your head, and when u shampoo use the pads of your finger tips and massssaaage your head. :D old fashion ways always worked for meee
  18. meena

meena New Member

hey that happened to me once and so i went into a different salon and my stylist (now for 4 years) suggested a shampoo called nexxus..its not very expensive and its made out of graperuit and stuf..well usually my hair takes long to grow but it grew out in about 4 months so that was cool :D hope this helps!!
  19. aaronem

aaronem Full Member

That happened to me also. I just dealt with it , and didn't straighten it as often.
  20. meemz

meemz New Member

my hair was cut so short at the beginning of this year too and it sucked sooo much... it went from bra-strap length to shoulder length... since then ive been doing everything to make my hair grow as fast as possible.. ive been using "wild-growth hair oil" bought from Abantu and taking silica and vitamins, and my hair is now back to where it was before!! its been growing an inch per month since i started the "regime".. pretty crazy!