MBMJ Petal to the Metal Pouchette: Review

Discussion in 'Handbags/Accessories' started by blair, Jun 17, 2011.

1. blair

blair Elite Member

[​IMG]

Colour: Black​
    Price: $228 USD / $220 CAD (Aritzia)​
    Dimensions: 6"H x 8"L, 24" strap drop​

Exterior: brushed gold hardware & bird-shaped logo, zip pocket on flap​
    Interior: NO zip compartment or multimedia pockets​

This is gonna be a quicker review than the Ukita, just cuz the Pouchette is so small lol​

First of all, this bag will ONLY work for people that can stand not packing too much stuff with them. I only use it when I'm going to events where I don't want to be holding a (bigger) bag (ex. summer concerts, art gallery, etc.).​

The bag is very small compared to other crossbody MBMJ bags (ex. Classic Q Natasha) and only a bit bigger than most wrislets. As you can see from the pictures on the bottom of the review, it looks very fat when fully stuffed and you cannot fit a full size wallet in it.​

The only thing about it that I don't like is the crossbody strap length. Although it can be adjusted, I have mine on the shortest setting and it's still a little too long. You could always create your own length by taking it to a shoe repair place and getting them to poke new holes in the strap though.​

*The zip compartment on the flap goes all the way to the bottom of the bag:​
    [​IMG]

Pros:
    • lightweight
    • durable leather like most MBMJ bags (don't have to worry about taking it out in the rain)
    • perfect size for on-the-go events (ex. concerts, quick shopping trips, etc.)
    • relatively inexpensive
    • crossbody strap is adjustable to 3 lenghts (although the lengths are only about 3/4 of an inch apart)
    Cons:
    • might be too small for some
    • no extra pockets inside
    It Can Carry....:
    • tissue
    • iphone
    • coach small wallet
    • mac compact
    • rollerball perfume
    • eyeliner
    • mini eyebrow pencil
    • eyedrops
    • lipstick
    • blotting sheets
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Comparison with MBMJ Classic Q Lil Ukita:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    ELECTRA, Type.B, ryeguy and 1 other person like this.
  2. ELLE

ELLE Elite Member

HOORAY! Lol, just what I needed! /sad that it won't fit the LV Sarah :(
  3. jdilla

jdilla Member

Its so cute, I love it! Did you get this at Aritzia, if so which one?
  4. blair

blair Elite Member

Richmond location last year. They don't have them in store anymore.