Mr. Greek in Coquitlam

Discussion in 'Food & Restaurants' started by Babyblues, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Hey for any of you who love greek food, like myself and my friends, you have to try Mr. Greek. It\'s near the IKEA in coquitlam, kind of off of lougheed highway.
    They\'re portions are HUGE (like Anton\'s Pasta on Hastings) and honestly, i can say that it is much much better than Stepho\'s on Davie St. in Vancouver

Meals only set you back $12 roughly plus tax, and yes, you\'ll be taking your leftovers home with you

The service is always great and it\'s a warm atmosphere there. A bunch of us went on New Year\'s for dinner and even on a busy night like that, the service and food was top notch!

If you\'re wondering what to get there, i highly recommend the Roast Lamb Dinner (the lamb is huge!) and it completely falls apart
  2. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

Hey thanks for the post Babyblues. I\'ll have to try it one day. Speaking of Greek food, My boyfriend and I tried this Greek restruant in Richomond that my parents always go to called Felicos on Leslie Road in-between the Mcdonalds and Parker Place.

They have lots to choose from and their platters are very filling and reasonable. We ordered the Famous platter which came with calamari, houmus and pita, spanakopita, lamb, chicken skerwers, rice, steamed veggies and potatoes and more. Try it you\'ll like it =)

The service is reallly good too. We went on a Sunday and it wasn\'t too busy but if you go on a friday or saturday at dinnertime you might have to make reservations.
  3. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...... LAMB!!!!

Thumbs down for Stepho\'s in my opinion

.. it\'s always too busy and it\'s more about quantity vs quality. Also, the atmosphere is too busy.

:p

thanks for the recommendation babyblues.. i\'ll be heading down to coquitlam one of these days :side:

Post edited by: ryan, at: 2006/03/02 23:49
  4. RichardWilinski

RichardWilinski Full Member

Ah yes! Felico\'s! They serve up excellent crab stuffed shrimp by the way! :)

5. canido

canido Full Member

Is Felico\'s expensive? I always wanted to go there but never had a chance coz i didn\'t know whether it is good or not. but i guess it\'s time to go after hearing about what they serve. *yumz*
  6. Friendster

Friendster Full Member

Tonight I had dinner at Felico\'s in Richmond. The other member was right about the crab stuffed shrimp. Best stuff I\'ve ever tasted. We had humous with pita bread (humous is my favourite), chicken souvlaki, calamari with tzatziki sauce, lambchops, shrimp cocktail served on a bed of ice, and greek salad. Extremely good price for a great meal. Now I\'m more stuffed than the crab stuffed shrimp X_X
  7. Bright Ideas

Bright Ideas Full Member

oh that place. I really like that place too. OUt of all the Greek restaurnts I like Felicos the best. I hate the one on Robson coz you have to line up like forever. I mean is it really necessary to have to line up just for food? Its like a welfare lineup ha ha ha. Dumb right? :pinch:
  8. Kappamaki

Kappamaki New Member

Another vouch for Mr.Greek! My fav is the roasted lamb too. I always want to try a different dish but 12 dollars for beautiful mouthwatering roasted lamb? I just can\'t bring myself to try something new.
  9. x_heartz

x_heartz Full Member

wowww! this place sounds goodd~
    im goin to try mr greek and felico after all my examms~

wut other dish do u recommend for mr greek that doesnt hav lamb?
  10. Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle

Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle Full Member

i hate lamb. tastes so gamey
  11. LuxeLife

LuxeLife Full Member

ok I\'m jonesing for humous now. ;)
  12. VANITYfair

VANITYfair New Member

oh personally me and my family didn't like mr. greek's food
    stepho's is my ULTIMATE favorite and i think the portions are bigger too?

but if anyone does go to stepho's try the vegeterian lasanga

IT IS SOO GOOD!!
    and it's hugeee i had like a tenth of it and i was full
  13. Injurbead

Injurbead Full Member

oo new destination for me! haha i always pass by felicos in richmond but never really considered trying it dont know why but im considering to try it now! haha and MRgreek i tihnk i saw it before? dont remember haha