Post Computer Related Questions Here!

Discussion in 'Mobile/Electronics' started by mr.x, Dec 31, 2005.

1. mr.x

mr.x Full Member

Having computer troubles? Need advice on something? Ask here!
  2. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

Well, being not much of a computer person, I figured I\'d ask a question!
    :p
    The question is.... what does RAM stand for? Rapid Access Memory? I was debating this with someone at school, ha. :p
  3. mr.x

mr.x Full Member

haha.. actually, it\'s Random Access Memory... give me something harder pattypus :)
  4. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

lol... I don\'t think I have anything harder for you right now. :p
  5. canido

canido Full Member

I can\'t go online using my home computer, because accordingly \"gateway\" is offline. What do i do to fix it?

thnx ryeguy. i am horrible with computers.
  6. mr.x

mr.x Full Member

hi canido!

Most likely, this means that there is a problem with your router (that device that allows you to share your internet connection with other computers).

When this happens to me, I just shutdown my computer and turn it on again. Also, if you are using wireless, you can try using a cable to plug in your computer directly into one of the ports on your router.

If this doesn\'t work, please send me exact details about your problem and i\'ll try my best to help you.

Please send me the following info:

1) where you are seeing this error message
    2) using win xp? 98? 2000?
    3) using wireless?
    4) model/make of your router
  7. UBooboo

UBooboo Full Member

Hello,

It says that my internet connection is correct, but when I open my browser or try to connect msn it doesn\'t work. Why is this happening?

Also, how come I can\'t access wireless from another floor in my house even when the signal is strong?

Thanks for your help:)
  8. Friendster

Friendster Full Member

Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a
    lot of space and valuable resources.

In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activity and applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, Hunting and Fishing 7.5, and Racing 3.6. I can\'t seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favourite applications.

I\'m thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstallation doesn\'t work on Wife 1.0. Please help!

Thanks,

A Troubled User.

REPLY:

Dear Troubled User:

This is a very common problem that men complain about.

Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an
    OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0.
    It is impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system once installed.

You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings-Alimony-Child Support. I recommend that you keep Wife1.0 and work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background application \"Yes Dear\" to alleviate software augmentation.

The best course of action is to enter the command C:\\APOLOGIZE because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0 , Cook It 1.5 and Do Laundry 4.2.

However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to
    purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0.

WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

Best of luck,
    Tech Support :p
  9. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

haha.. this is hilarious! good post friendster.. where did u get this? :p
  10. Friendster

Friendster Full Member

haha funny stuff eh! :p
  11. princessice

princessice Full Member

haha, friendster!!! thats soo funny!!!
  12. overyou

overyou Full Member

i was wondering how i can make my computer go quicker,
    without deleting all my programs..
    i dont really have that many programs anyways,
    but my friend did something on her computer
    she like compacted everything so it didnt take as much room up or something...
    any idea what im talking about?? lol
  13. ryeguy

ryeguy Webmaster Staff Member

Your friend was talking about doing a scandisk.

To do this, you can right-click on c: then go to:

properties | tools | error-checking

Otherwise, the easiest solution is to upgrade the hardware!! :p

1) faster cpu
    2) add more memory (RAM)
  14. overyou

overyou Full Member

:p :smile:

kay thank you! ill do that, hopefully it helps my computer!