Price vs. Quality

Discussion in 'Apparel & Shopping' started by shoppaholic, Dec 15, 2005.

1. shoppaholic

shoppaholic New Member

So, some places have stuff that costs a lot. That doesn\'t neccesarily mean that the quality is high, right?
  2. Ruby

Ruby Full Member

That really depends though... cause sometimes or normally more expensive stuff has better quality but then again brand names normally your paying for the name... hm... but something like Jacobs, RW&CO, Guess and others have good quality clothes but are pricey too. So I rarely buy pricey stuff but sometimes the quality is good that I do buy them. If the quality is good, you like it, and its within your budget just go for it! :cheer: :p
  3. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

In most cases, if something is really expensive, then I expect that it would be good quality. Though I\'m not completely sure. Some products are just priced way too high. :p
  4. byu

byu Full Member

it really depends...usually the high price is just for some brand name...only way to know is to do your research and look into the materials they use and stuff...
    also patience is key! i\'ve gotten a pair of guess jeans for $15 and a calvin klien halter for $5! and these were at reputable dealers (guess and a department store in the states) so shop around and be patient, quality can come at a very cheap price!:dance:
  5. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

Sometimes it\'s really expensive because it isn\'t made in China - like American Apparel (Please don\'t take that as a racist comment, it\'s not meant to be!!!). Then there are brands that keep hold their price levels high to keep a certain image and certain clientes... economics.

:laugh:
  6. minami_oo

minami_oo Full Member

well then, in that case, i think ROOTS would be the same, although i\'m not sure if ALL their stuff is made in canada anymore.(prob not)
  7. tjeng

tjeng Full Member

it really depends on the piece i\'m buying though... If it\'s a piece that i\'ll wear very often then I don\'t mind spending more money on it; if it\'s something i know will soon go out of style then I probably wouldn\'t waste too much $$ on that.
    For instance, if i want a pair of jeans, i would definitely not buy them from places like STITCHES; I\'d go to ZARA or AE or BUFFALO. They may be more expensive but they definitely have more wear and comfort.
    And there are always sales; I\'m a patient person who waits for sales :p
    I don\'t know, I seem to focus more on quality than price since comfort and the feel of the item is key to me.
  8. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

i heard the quality of zara isn\'t GREAT. i don\'t remember where i read it off of, but ya I remember it saying that they purposely don\'t make it so good cuz of seasonal change or whatever change and then you\'d buy more?

iunzo if it\'z true though i just read it off somewhere.
  9. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

See, if i\'m gonna buy a pair of dress pants that i know i want to wear out places with friends, etc, then i\'ll buy those that are a bit more money.
    If i\'m gonna buy ones to wear as work ones where I know i\'m gonna get shit on them and i\'m gonna wear them alot, then i really don\'t care about spending like $15.
    i bought a bunch of dress pants from SuzyShear for like $10 b/c i knew that i\'d only be wearing them to work and they\'ve lasted me amazingly like over 2 years, and i wear them alot!!!
    But stores i buy pants from for quality: Mexx, Guess, Esprit