Proteins, Carbs, Fats and Calories

Discussion in 'Health/Exercise' started by xsalesjunkiex, Apr 14, 2006.

1. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

hey,

weather you\'re trying to gain or lose weight, i found that it is an extremely important to know the difference between proteins, carbs, fats and calories

check out the link below..it definitely helped me out!

Please login or register to view links

Post edited by: ryan, at: 2006/04/14 21:16
  2. eklizard

eklizard Full Member

Hey Ryan, can you double check your link? It didn\'t work for me when I clicked on it. Said that the server for the URL was unavailable... maybe it was busy?
  3. mk04

mk04 Full Member

yea the links not working for me either... hey i think we (or atleast i) learned the difference between all 4 in grade 12 bio... must of left my head right after the provincial exam like everything else lol:p
  4. xsalesjunkiex

i\'m not sure why but there\'s extra spaces in the URL...

1) go to: intense-workout.com
    2) click on diets & nutrition

Post edited by: ryan, at: 2006/04/14 21:29
  5. uhh i just learned this today
    (this is based on my biology 12 teacher nothing related to me so don\'t hate me if im wrong >_<)

breakfast: eat pasta/bread/rice = carbs for energy to get u going for the day
    (also think twice before u eat mcdonalds breakfasts.. yeah i know they are pretty good but if u read that book they have NUTRITION FACTS .. check out the daily intake of fats and stuff its amazing .. random fact: u think shrimp has lots of calories? 1 egg McMuffin = 50 cooked shrimp.

lunch: eat salad/fruits/sandwhich/100% juice = low in fat and sandwhiches have basically all the food groups

snack: something u want like a chocolate bar cuz ppl are ppl and can\'t live on a strict diet but preferably something with nuts --> e.g snickers bar

dinner: eat proteins --> fish/lean meats = don\'t go overboard ... y @ nite? --> cuz ur body needs to repair its muscle tissue that u tore during the day and before the sleep is good.

she told me that carbohydrates before sleep is really bad .. cuz carbs = energy and if u go to sleep.. ur not using that energy u just ate.. and it stores in the form of FAT ..

note: most asian diets have rice for dinner (but i\'m not fat neither are the ppl i know) i dunno why -_-; i know for a fact i don\'t have fast/high metabolism

----- i dunno why i wrote this LOL just wanted to share :dry::whistle: -----------------
  6. xsalesjunkiex

thanks for that bk151.. i think the key to what you mentioned is having a balance of everything.

also, i\'d like to mention that it\'s important to \"count calories\"... if you\'re trying to get to a certain weight, you\'ll need to consider how many calories you\'re taking in

B)

Post edited by: ryan, at: 2006/04/16 14:26
  7. Sales! Sales! Sales!

Sales! Sales! Sales! Full Member

I never count calories. maybe I should :huh:
  8. vivelle90

vivelle90 Full Member

heres another tip, if you\'re doing a huge workout early in the morning (i.e. the sunrun:p), you should eat alot of complex carbs(whole wheat pasta etc) the night before. no offence, but chinese food in general is very unhealthy, hope nobody is offended by this.
  9. labelwhore

labelwhore Full Member

u kno.. i really think if u starve your self or count your carbs and all that diet fad stuff. it really makes ur cranky and grumpy. seriously, just eat whatever u want and work out 3 times a week. :unsure
  10. tapthatass

tapthatass Full Member

bk151 & ryan, you guys were helpful:D

and yeah, if you go to chinese restaurants, the food there might seem unhealthy cause they tend to over use oil, but if you eat like your parents or you make your own chinese food, it can be healthy and fulling.

but anyways! not sure if that made sense, i also heard before you eat, maybe 20 minutes before dinner or so, you should drink a cup of milk, add a teaspoon or half a tablespoon of brown sugar, and by the time you're eating dinner, you won't eat as much cuase the brown sugar and milk makes your stomache full or something. not sure, but i lot of models in japan use that and they have nice bodies :)
  11. pandalover

pandalover Ultimate Deal Queen

Yes, I totally agree with you about making and eating your own chinese food it can be healthy and filling. It's yummy too :smile:
  12. marchblossom

marchblossom New Member

There's more to chinese food than oil and lard. There's also garlic and onions that helps to reduce cholesterol level. A lot of chinese food has garlic or onion in them. It's a neat way to flavour the dish, not too mention control our bad cholesterol.
  13. Dealshark

Dealshark Full Member

Oops, I'm eating a chocolate buster bar from DQ right now...thx for the link!