Samurai Sushi

Discussion in 'Food & Restaurants' started by mr.x, Dec 31, 2005.

1. mr.x

mr.x Full Member

There seem to be a lot of sushi lovers, so if you haven\'t discovered this place by now, you don\'t know what you\'re missing!

2 locations, 1 near oakridge mall and 1 on denman across from shopper\'s drug mart.

the best thing about this place is the size of the pieces of sashimi and rolls.. they are ginormous without charging ginormous prices :)

if you go to the denman location, you\'ll get better service and you can actually sit down and enjoy a good selection on the menu...this is a popular place so expect to wait in line
    :dance:
  2. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

i went to the one near oakridge before... how do people finish that stuff it\'s huge!
  3. mr.x

mr.x Full Member

you need a big mouth!

like that --> :woohoo:

Post edited by: ryeguy, at: 2005/12/31 17:54
  4. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

lol. but yaa that place is busy!
  5. taremi

taremi Full Member

samurai is one of the two places i get sushi in this city!
    i\'m japanese so i\'m a bit pickier than some... some sushi places in vancouver really serve bad quality stuff.
    their california rolls are HUGE!!!!!

its always crowded when i go by so i always do take out and eat at home :)
    it always ends up being cheaper because there is no tip to pay :)
    its the way to go- the davie samurai is always lined up!!!!!
  6. canido

canido Full Member

Call in a day before and receive 10% off..or if you give them several hours, 5% off..which is NOT bad at all if you have a huge order. teeheee
  7. April

April Full Member

Love that place. I always end up taking home leftovers, the portions are so big!
  8. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

wow.. 3:42am. april, you\'re up late!

Hey Taremi... you said you\'re picky about your sushi, so you go to samurai, and some other place..

what\'s the name of that \"other place\"? :laugh:

Post edited by: ryan, at: 2006/02/03 03:53
  9. taremi

taremi Full Member

hi ryan :)
    the other place i frequent is a japanese supermarket called fujiya on venables x clark (close to broadway/commerical dr. skytrain station).
    its not a restaurant so you have to take out- but the california rolls are good and cheap!!!
    but all the sushi there is tasty.
    there are also bento boxes during the day (may sell out before dinner time).
    fujiya is open till 7pm an something if you go right before closing, their sushi is discounted :)
    its a bit far out, but i binge on sushi when i have to go and buy rice and other japanese food stuff.
  10. xsalesjunkiex

ahhh..thanks for letting me know.

good old fujiya... i guess their rolls are ok.. well if you like fujiya, you\'ll love Sushi House!
    :p
  11. April

April Full Member

Ryan wrote:
    LOL. It\'s because I work better at night. (busy writing my thesis and I end up surfing the web for little mental breaks) :)
  12. tjeng

tjeng Full Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... it sounds so good
    Now I feel that I have to go try it (temptation.....)
    So you can call to make a reservation a day before and get 10% off?
    And... could anyone give me the exact addresses, or directions???? thanks
  13. toby

toby New Member

Samurai sushi is disgusting. The place smells like dead fish and the quality of the fish is poor. I don\'t understand why there are so many people that don\'t know what \"good\" sushi is. If i want to eat chopped up crap, i will go to samurai sushi.
    Nasty stuff.
  14. xsalesjunkiex

hi toby and welcome to the forums!

i totally respect your opinion as i agree that they do not use the best quality fish.. it\'s more about quantity than quality.

what places do you recommend for sushi?

:p

Post edited by: ryan, at: 2006/02/11 12:45
  15. happy_spork

happy_spork Member

samurai\'s pretty good. lotsa people from my school go there for dinner if we\'re staying @ school late, then go to the bubble tea place next door. my family orders from there all the time too, and my mom didn\'t even like sushi until she discovered the place. the rolls are pretty big so i think it\'s worth the money
  16. mandy

mandy New Member

can someone give me the address and direction to the one near oakridge? how much are the california rolls there?

Post edited by: mandy, at: 2006/02/15 02:12
  17. RichardWilinski

RichardWilinski Full Member

The Samurai Sushi on Cambie St. is located across from Oakridge Mall, just a few shops North of the HSBC bank. I was there once and vow to never return. Their rolls are overstuffed with massive amounts of rice with miniscule amounts of fish. I find the ratio of fish to rice completely unbalanced. Definitely not my cuppa tea. The Samurai Sushi located downtown on Davie is better than the one on Cambie. They are always overflowing with customers so expect to wait for a table. If you\'re not into the waiting game, I recommend KOJI downtown on Hornby St. Nice simplistic ambiance & decor with fresh high quality portions :)

Post edited by: richardwilinski, at: 2006/03/03 01:19
  18. sweettooshie

sweettooshie Full Member

oh gosh really?! i went there after seeing the place in this forum.. and i was like WHOA.. BIG FISH! i had the dynamite roll combo i think... the toro and the salmon nigiri were MASSIVE compared to normal sushi places...

for japanese restaurants, i recommend SETO in richmond... good food for sure.. **remember to ask for the daily menu... prices are much higher though... and also if you\'re a sashimi fan..*raises hand* i recommend a new place called SUSHIKAN at aberdeen centre.. prices are OUTRAGEOUS but they supposedly get a new shipment from japan everyday, and wow the stuff was SO GOOD.. i think you can really taste the difference but that\'s my opinion anyhoo
  19. Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle

Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle Full Member

I like the fat house roll at samurai. It\'s giant fat n\' delicious.
  20. xsalesjunkiex

how would anyone stalk u if nobody knows what u look like? :blink: