SPRING & SUMMER TREND 2006

Discussion in 'Apparel & Shopping' started by xx.noesamor, Mar 9, 2006.

1. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

Anyone know the hottest trend for this spring? I\'m going to go shop at Metro soon next week during Spring Break, and I thought about buying those silver belts from Aritzia but every girl seems to have those, and I just thought it\'s too common, so no point of buying that and join the clones. I preferred styles that\'s more to the asian side. I\'m Taiwanese and recently my mom complains about me dressing too much like Canadian girls, she\'s pretty traditional. ^^\"
  2. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

shorts are definately the new thing. longer ones and shorter ones.bermuda shorts. and neutral colours. or the white top. oversized bags. for shoes.. wedges and platforms

sailor trousers and jackets. navy blue for the summer.
    button-up dress.
    full skirts.
    golden buttons.
    wide belts.
  3. canido

canido Full Member

wow you are really into the trend eh. Where did you get these knowledge from? teehee
  4. roxXxy85

roxXxy85 Full Member

anything and everything WHITE
  5. xoxjuicy

xoxjuicy Full Member

definatly bermuda shorts
  6. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

and i\'ve also heard that the \"skinny\" for jeans is coming back. I\'m sorry, but i thought that jean went OUT in the 80\'s, and was never coming back, lol.

You know what they always say.....if you were present with the trend first occured, then you need to stay away from it the next time it comes around
  7. tjeng

tjeng Full Member

anything white, but with details (like laces and stuff)
    romantic tops (airy, fresh, and flowy) paired with a wide belt to accentuate the waistline! waistline is definitely going up for sure
    Skinny jeans are also making a big comeback; if you\'re less confident with your thighs, just wear a loose top (like one of those flowy thingys)and layer necklaces to move the attention upwards
    bermuda shorts, and shorts of all lengths.. Personally i love the short ones with detail on the side (like buttons)
    Sailor-inspired colours and pieces (navy, white, and red)
    Full skirts! If you\'re already anxious to bring your spring wardrobe out of hibernation, footless tights and leggings are a great way to weather the transition.
    Floral stuff
    Camisoles
    Soft, pastel (neutral) colours give the really fresh clean look of spring
    Shoes like ballet flats are still big, as well as mary-jane hgh heels (roundtoe!!!!), and of course the platform sandals
    Pretty much the spring look is free, very comfotable and clean; as summer approaches, more vibrant colours (orange and green etc) will arrive. BUt for now, neutrals are definitely great (and soft colours like lilac and faded pink)

I\'m also a Taiwanese girl, but I love mixing the more asian style with the runway style that is a little bit different. I love layering because it gives me so many options to incooperate the latest trends into my own style; so just go for whatever you like and know will look good on you (or at least something you will wear)! You can try check out some stuff at ZARA; they are pretty trendy, but if you\'re looking for more of a casual look, then you can try stores like AE and such.

Post edited by: tjeng, at: 2006/03/11 00:00
  8. Viv1985

Viv1985 Full Member

flower dresses is nice and pretty in sumertime for womens to wear :)
  9. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

tjeng wrote:
    did you get that off the 24hr newspaper thing? I swear i read that somewhere before.
  10. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

canido wrote:
    heh off magazines and other stuff. :p

Post edited by: mz.g, at: 2006/03/11 12:38
  11. tjeng

tjeng Full Member

there\'s a 24 hour newspaper thing?? WHAT IS IT?
    [Cuz i\'ve never heard of it]
    But I just really like reading magazines and stuff, and lately there has been so much on the spring trend in the newspaper and magazines like Teen Vogue (which is one of my favourite for fashion!!), Ellegirl, and seventeen... so I just think of the things I remember that appear in a lot of magazines and yeah... I am really into this stuff, so maybe that\'s why.. :kiss:
  12. canido

canido Full Member

IT\'s one of those free news paper (like the Metro) which is really interesting and a quick read for the day. I always perfer 24 because of it\'s layout and color, it\'s more attractive.

You can usually get it near bus stops and skytrain stations.
  13. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

Totally agree with the shorts. Long flowy shirts/tanks with belt over top on the waist.
  14. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

Wow...thanks everyone, big help on that ^^. I\'m going to go shop at metro tomorrow, it\'s nice to know what to buy so I don\'t buy anything that I won\'t like afterwards. Thank you all for replying on my topic. And I will go to Zara and check what\'s hot in there for sure as well as AE. ^^ Thanks again!
  15. vivelle90

vivelle90 Full Member

vital pieces for gurls, not really the \"it\" thing, but yah, WIFE BEATERS AND POLOS B)
  16. Sales! Sales! Sales!

Sales! Sales! Sales! Full Member

[​IMG]

~ Cork wedges & platform heels

~ Ballet flats

~ Dresses from solids to prints

~ Wide cinch belts for waist definition

~ Tan-in-a-bottle (fake n\' bake is so faux pas)

~ Anything in gold & white

~ Leggings
  17. HarajukuLover

HarajukuLover Full Member

I\'m soooOOooOOo happy right now!!! I just got back from vacation and got a pair of 2006 Spring release BCBGgirls yellow wedge heels and a matching BCBG Max Azria yellow clutch!!! I luv em soOOo much cuz you can\'t find em anywhere in Vancouver! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance: :laugh: :dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: I saw da BCBG shoes on Please login or register to view links but they don\'t have em in yellow color. Yellow\'s so rare and so pretty for summatime! Here\'z a pic of da shoes I got. Aren\'t they da cutest!!!!!?!?!??!?!?!!??!! I\'ve been wearin them around da house admirin them. Wut a dork lolz. :dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can\'t wait to wear em out dis summa!!! :dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance:

Post edited by: harajukulover, at: 2006/05/11 17:58
  18. minami_oo

minami_oo Full Member

oh darn, they do look awesome.
    i envy you!
  19. Bright Ideas

Bright Ideas Full Member

Wooo those are very nice! How come we don\'t have BCBG in Van? I know the BCBG store downtown only carries clothing like dresses and stuff but no shoes. Holts doesn\'t carry BCBG footwear either. How about B2 on Robson?
  20. KELLYKELLY

KELLYKELLY New Member

There is a BCBG store opening in the Oakridge Mall