...Stitches?

Discussion in 'Apparel & Shopping' started by pattypus, Jan 11, 2006.

1. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

Hey everyone... :p

My friend got a shirt, which she said was only $2.50(pretty cheap, eh?)- and she said she got it from Stitches. I tried to find out where it was- she said there\'s one in Oakridge.

So my question is: is it a real place? :p And, where it is.

:side:
  2. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

yes, yes, yes pattypus, there is a place called stiches. there used to be one in metro (is there still one? I can\'t remember now that so many stores have moved!!) there is also one in pacific center, and coquitlam center.
    They used to sell alot of similar clothes that sirens did (i think they used to be the same company??) and same with raw edge (in metropolis)
    You can usually find cheap clothes there, although over the years the quality has gone down a bit, but so has the price. And yes, you can\'t deny a $2.50 shirt now!!! lol
    So yes, pattypus it is a REAL store :)
  3. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

yup it\'s a real place haha. and ditto to babyblues, about the raw edge and other stuff.

and the policy is no refunndss only exchange within 7 days.
  4. jmw1

jmw1 Full Member

I bought dress pants from sirens the other day. I never shop there because the quality is crap and i know that, but to find 20 dollar pants when i was in desperate need seemed like an ok deal. They managed to last until i made it home. The second time I tried them on, both of the clasps to do them up broke. Not that it cant be fixed but man... the pants didn\'t even last a day.
  5. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

jmw1 I completely agree. If you want a pair of cheap pants or something, ie: for work, then go to some place like stitches, sirens, raw edge, etc...
    When i needed two pairs of dress pants for work, I refused to buy expensive ones b/c i knew that they would get ruined at work so i actually found some at raw edge for $9.99. Surprisingly, the quality of them were pretty good. I\'ve actually had them for 2 years now, and i wear them all the time at work, and only on one pair two belt loops broke, but that\'s fine.
    Pattypus, if you want good quality clothing, then don\'t go to one of these places, but if you want cheap clothes and don\'t care about the quality, then check them out.
    At all of these places, you can always find some good deals, but you know if you shop around many other stores with better quality will often have similar items for only a few dollars more :)
  6. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

mmhm!!

i bought this polo for a friend there it was only $9.99 i dind\'t try it on though.
    when i got home i tried it on just for the heck of it.. and there\'s something wrong with it? it made these rolls all along the side? uhhh no i\'m not too small for it either. maybe the fabric but meh.. weird.
  7. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

Ya, I did have a feeling that the quality wouldn\'t be that great. :p

But sometimes it\'s nice to get cheap stuff. haha ;)
  8. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

OH ya, cheap stuff is great!! But when the lack of quality outweighs the price, it\'s just not worth it.
    I find that many times the price for things like, dress pants, sweaters, etc.. is the same at places like suzy shear and the quality of their clothes is much better.
    I\'d much rather shop at a place like that, then at stitches.
    If you look around a bit, you can find some good quality clothing at cheap prices, you just need to do a bit of searching......oh and look for sales ;)
  9. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

Ya, sales! :D Well that\'s one of the reasons I joined Mallhours! :p
  10. taremi

taremi Full Member

i like stitches when i\'m looking for clubbing tops!
    also for like one time use things e.g. halloween costumes.
    the quality isnt bad on some things- i have a fav. pair of black pants that fit really well despite that it was $15!
    i only buy the ok quality stuff- i know i\'m gonna regret buying something if it falls apart after several wears.
  11. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

Talking about cheap tops..

I find that Bryans is a really good place for nice work tops arond $15/20, and I found some really cute tank tops there for $10.

A more random place: Boca. Did they close down, or is there still a store out there? I found some really hot tops for cheap there as well!
  12. sweettooshie

sweettooshie Full Member

\"urban behavior\" is also a good place for cheap clothing.. the one at richmond centre closed down, but i think there\'s still one at metrotown

i think there\'s also this place called \"urban planet\" at metrotown? and they also sell cheap clothing... i\'m not totally sure if they\'re still around though
  13. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

To Sweettooshie
    Yes, urban planet and urban behavior are still in metro. Except for urban planet you\'re going to have to look around though. And!! If you ever buy jeans from urban planet (To tell you the truth, they sometimes fit pretty well and it looked like Levi\'s pants), check the zipper, I bought one for $10, it fitted so well, except when I got home and tried it on again, I realized the zipper was broken, like, if I don\'t move, it\'s fine, but if I move around or sit, it gets lose really quickly. :blink: