Streaking Hair

Discussion in 'Hair/Nails' started by burnt_asparagus, Feb 20, 2006.

1. burnt_asparagus

burnt_asparagus Full Member

Hi! I wanted to get some highlights done (bright purple). My original hair colour is black. I was wondering if anyone knows any good salons that will do this for me at a reasonable price? I\'ve gotten quotes for $60-$70 and apparently those are pretty good prices. Any suggestions?
  2. jmw1

jmw1 Full Member

wow those are really good prices. You must have shorter hair because it costs me over 100 to get my whole head done. :blink:
  3. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

oh ya, for me to get a cut and streak it\'s about $145 with the tip. my gf got her\'s done too and it cost her $198 so $60-70 is an awesome price! :)
  4. April

April Full Member

A really good place to go is the Aveda Academy on Robson (next door to Mondo Gelato). Even though you have students in the final phase of their training doing your hair, they do a really good job. There\'s a master colourist who will check the colour/highlights before you\'re allowed to leave. Highlights cost $40, all over colour $30 and a haircut is $30. I used to get my hair done there all the time.
  5. babyy__

babyy__ New Member

just wondering, but why don\'t yuo get your hair done there anymore? it sounds pretty good..
  6. April

April Full Member

One of my best guy friend\'s girlfriend is a hairstylist so she does my hair for free. B) If they ever broke up, I\'m pretty sure I\'d head back to Aveda.
  7. canido

canido Full Member

It costs more expensive for dark haired ppls to get a bright colored highlight..coz we have to bleach it first in order for the color to show. ><

If you live in Richmond, Backstage does a pretty good job coloring hairs. It\'s a bit more pricey but they use good products, probably around ~$100.
  8. burnt_asparagus

burnt_asparagus Full Member

Wow! Thanks for all the great suggestions!