1. Hmm so many new things to style your hair with these days.. i dunno whats good for what. If anybody has any knowledge on
    - clay
    - gel
    - wax
    - spray
    can you plz enlighten me??

Also if you recommend any brands that would be great! Thanks to all those who reply.
  2. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

welcome to the forums! good to see another noob posting :)

personally, i use wax (bumble&bumble) because i have very thick and stubborn hair, and the wax allows me to mold my hair to the shape i want and leaves it feeling soft.

i used to use regular hair gel that you would find in places like london drugs or shoppers, but i found those to make my hair feeling hard, and later on in the day it would eventually turn flakely.

clay is ok because you\'ll get a crazy hold, but i find it dries both your scap and hair...

i hope that helps!

:p
  3. kaori

kaori Full Member

clay- gives super hold and is good if your hair is thick and hard to style. Has a matte finish

gel- is not used much in the hairstyling world. There are so many other better products to use now a days. Gel hardens the hair into place. Not too good for the hair.

wax- give shine and hold. you can get different kinds of wax. Sumo wax (which Ryan is using) from Bumble and Bumble is really good for hard to hold hair.

spray- is good for either a light or super hold. Is great for setting the hair into place once styled. Used mostly by women to hold their up-dos.

Hope this helps =)
  4. samantha

samantha Full Member

if u want to use clay, there is a clay by a line called sebastian. that stuff is awesome however there is alot of build up. but if u use the sumowax, there is less hold than the clay. the clay is more of a matte look but great hold and lots of body. just hard to wash off sometimes but really handy to have. it also depends on how u wanna style ur hair. and clay is not damaging to ur hair.
  5. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

I would recommend you use a wax instead of clay. Clay tends to dry out the hair more and can cause dry hair to become irritated. If you use the sumo wax you should use a clarifying shampoo once a week to thouroughly clean the hair of all the wax. A good clarifying shampoo is the \"Sunday shampoo\" from bumble and bumble . Oh and another good product is called sumotech by bumble and bumble which is a hybrid. It works really good and smells awesome.
  6. not that it really matters but which is harder to wash off wax or clay?

im thinking of picking up sum clay frum a famous japanese brand called \"nudie\" my friend reccomended it.. anybody know anything about that brand??

- im thru with gel -_-;; all gels say they dont flake and stuff but they do and it makes ur hair look so unnatural/forced and its too shiny.