SUNGLASS TIME

Discussion in 'Apparel & Shopping' started by fro, Apr 24, 2006.

1. fro

fro Full Member

okay guys now that summers around the corner its sunglass time!B)

cause of this here are some brands i was interested in: DG, prada, chanel, christian dior,versace, armani and gucci.....those are on my hitlist to checkout....

so out of all those which one wud u guys recommend as being durable and and hot!...i was looking into the new DG ones at sunglass hut but am so confused so many styles out there...i was going for the aviator vip style big black ones....any suggestions or kno of any other good stores?...thanks! :)
  2. Katie

Katie Full Member

I have such a hard time finding sunglasses. I can never figure out the right shape for me . They all seem to look funny.
    And any time i do get a pair of sunglasses, I always seem to lose or break them. So i have a hard time spending lots of money on them.
    I could use some tips too! :p
    Sorry I\'m not fashion savvy enough to help you out on brands, I would think any of them should be good quality considering the price. But maybe not, any one know?
  3. roxXxy85

roxXxy85 Full Member

my specialty is sunglasses...i love them and i go all out. haha my last pair that i personally added to my collection were bvlgari\'s and i am absolutely obsessed with them.

i dont go to sunglass hut they have NO selection WHATSOEVER. not a lot of places have a good selection of name brand sunglasses though i have found 2 that i am somewhat fond of: 1.) metrotown - no idea what the store is called but its like a few stores down from townshoes and approximately across from bebe...ish the last time i walked in i saw most of the top brands but not that many to select from 2.) also in metro except its upstairs across from winners...its quite small but they have a ridiculous selection of sunglasses all the top brands with a whole lot of selections. i tried on a few the other day and i fell in love with a pair of chanels that i really want to get...but with me...i have a probably of always picking out the most expensive thing...no questions asked..its top price (the chanels were 602) haha :s

oh well i go to parker place to get my sunglasses...haha they know me cuz i buy so many :p hmmm anyways. back to your question.

sorry i dont know exactly what aviator glasses look like exactly but if its what im picturing...im personally not a fan. and im the type who looks good in every pair of sunglasses...

katie: sunglasses is a completely personal thing. it all depends on your face shape and what you personally like...all you can do is try on as many glasses you can until you find one that you really like and looks really good on you

hmmmm...well i think thats all i can think of now
  4. HarajukuLover

HarajukuLover Full Member

Happy sunshine everyone! :) Well, sunglass style is diff according to each individual\'s preference & taste. I\'m a big Chanel fan so of course I wear only Chanel. So far I have da model 4095B in da black frame and another in da white frame. I also have da Chanel 4114 and 4017D. Dunno if these model numbers mean anything to you. They\'re hard to describe so that\'s why I gave you the model numbers. Maybe u can go to an optical store and give them my model #\'s so you can try em on to see if you like em too. I also like da oversize Dior ones that Paris wears so those are gonna be my next purchase. I hope this helps. Each item of Chanel eyewear varies in price. The average price is $600 retail. Then you have to add da PST & GST as well. But like I said, each face shape and designer preference is diff from individual to individual so it\'s best to go to da store to try diff styles & brands on. Happy shopping and let me know which styles you like! :laugh: :dance: :laugh: :dance: :) :laugh: :dance: :)
  5. michelle_xo

michelle_xo Full Member

check out the store beside kernel popcorn at OAKRIDGE. they have all the name brand i can think of....
  6. fro

fro Full Member

ok tanks guys!...as for parker place maybe its just me but im always suspicious of the stores there like if there relli real or fake!...lol i guess its just cuz they do sell alota fake items ...hmm o wellz well have to c...and yesh it is very hard finding one shop that carrys a good selection:angry:
  7. sonia7

sonia7 Full Member

try winners, they have some nice desginer ones i bought cute pink one there!
  8. HarajukuLover

fro wrote:
    Yah I agree with you! I wouldn\'t trust Parker Place items for authenticity either! I buy all my Chanel eyewear at an authorized optical store on Robson downtown. Better be safe u know. :laugh: :dance: :lol: :) :p :laugh: :dance: :laugh: :) What kind of sunglasses do you like Fro?
  9. samantha

samantha Full Member

I go to one on robson too. i think its called skylight optical. they give really good deals. bring cash and get an even better deal. its by Bell mobility. a few at metro are a total rip off! iwent there and the retail price for this pair that i wanted was 100 bucks more than the place at robson and they didn\'t even give me a good deal! totally hiked up the prices!!!B)
  10. canido

canido Full Member

I am like Katie, i can\'t afford to buy expensive sun glasses because i manage to either lose them or break them ...less than a month after purchasing it. ><

But Dior has a nice line of sun glasses, i like their style..but maybe it\'s because i like their brand so much! ahhaha

The sunglasses place at parker place, there is one place that my Brother goes to and he says that this gentleman is really nice and doesn\'t push for sales. But yes, as always, in a Chinese place..even if it\'s authencity certificates, you wonder if it\'s a fake! lolz.

Try Holt Renfrew, I <3 Holt Renfrew~ They don\'t have that big of a selection, but they have some pretty cool shades.
  11. Sales! Sales! Sales!

Sales! Sales! Sales! Full Member

Holt\'s has a very limited and poor selection so my advice is to go to a reputable optical store where they stock all the designer brands.

These are the Dior ones I have. Absolutely devine don\'t you think?
    [​IMG]B)

Post edited by: sales! sales! sales!, at: 2006/04/25 15:00
  12. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

My advice for everyone is to not buy random sunglasses from dollar stores or street vendors. Purchasing from the authorized stores is the safest bet because this ensures that your sunglasses are certified wit UVA/UVB protection. Yes, designer sunglasses are costly but, don\'t forget, your vision is priceless.
  13. fro

fro Full Member

hmm im thinkin bout jus goin to the chanel and dior stores..prob best bet ill find good selection there?
  14. Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle

Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle Full Member

15. HarajukuLover

Hi Fro baby! Did u get ur shades yet? :dance: :laugh: B)
  16. fro

fro Full Member

no lol!...haha im stillin waiting on hitting downtown to luk...im VERY picky i have this buying then exchanging problem lol B) ...and i tried a few on but apparently i have a small face the lady said so its even harder for me to buy big frames :(
  17. Sales! Sales! Sales!

Sales! Sales! Sales! Full Member

Everyone has a different face shape. You don\'t have to buy large sunglasses if your face is small. Just buy a pair that suits the structure and size of your face. Some ppl who have small heart shaped faces who wear large sunglasses will end up looking like an ant or an alien lol. I have a big head so I can get away with large sunglasses lol :p

Post edited by: sales! sales! sales!, at: 2006/05/01 20:51
  18. Bright Ideas

Bright Ideas Full Member

It\'s been so sunny lately! Isn\'t it great!!!! :lol:
  19. x_heartz

x_heartz Full Member

where can i find nice sunglasses that are $50-100 cuz i dont want to spend that much money on sunglasses~ i dont want to spend a couple hundred on sunglasses since im getting broke nowww =(
  20. 604Jase

604Jase Full Member

You can go to those vendors in the middle of the mall where they sell sunglasses at their concession stand. But no guarantees on the uva protection coz you always get what you pay for right?