The Chronicles of Narnia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pattypus, Dec 27, 2005.

1. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

This movie is great! The acting is very good- and the story is very engaging. If you like the book, then you\'ll like the movie. :) It\'s alot like the Lord Of The Rings. :p

Though I know some people who don\'t like this movie, I would still reccommend it. :)
  2. kelelain

kelelain Full Member

I recommend the Narnia books, but not the movie. I found the acting terrible, the plot slow, and overall? boring. It was an awful interpretation of the otherwise enchanting book.
  3. canido

canido Full Member

i just watched the movie...actually today and i thought it was good. However, i have never actually read the book...ppls who have read the book did say that it didn\'t meet their expectations.

I thought the lil girl was great in playing her role, especially since she was soooo cute. The ending was a bit abrupt and the witch died to easily. BUt overall, the movie was capturizing with its scenery and careful details.
  4. pattypus

pattypus Full Member

Ya, the scenery was beautiful! When Lucy enters Narnia, they did it just the way that I imagined it when I read the book. :)

But, I\'ll have to say- it wasn\'t exactly like a book. But a good book doesn\'t neccesarily make a good movie, and a good movie doesn\'t always make a good book.
  5. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

ya i saw it awhile back.. i read the book before, I didnt think the movie was great, it was ok i guess. i liked it when they showed birds eye view of things..like when the kids were walking on snow. that was pretty.

i saw an older version movie of the story before..the witch was prettier. I didn\'t think the witch would be so ugly in this one haha.
  6. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

They actually try to reduce the Christian influence in the movie, it\'s very apparent in the books. The movie is a bit slow, but I still enjoyed it because I grew up reading Chronicles of Narina and seeing the tv series. CS Lewis was always against his book being making into films or tv series since he was a strong believer in childern\'s imagination.
  7. overyou

overyou Full Member

Freaking awesome movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad is obsessed with it!