Travel Deals Websites [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Babyblues, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Travel Deals For Mallvibers

This is the official thread for talking about travel deals websites. If you happen to know about a current travel deal at one of the following listed sites, please post it!

In addition, this list is far from complete. If you would like to add to the list below, please feel free to reply and we will continue to add to the list! :dance:

[​IMG]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, now I know that christmas break is almost over, and most of you have either just come back from vacation, or are starting to think about that next vacation once reading break/spring break/summer starts to come forward.
    I have always loved to travel, and being the conscientious "shopaholic" that i am, lol, i also look for deals when I travel.
    Some websites are better than others, but it's better to look around than to book the first thing you find.
    For example, last year when I was just playin around on these websites, i found a cheap airfare to Los Angeles, and by cheap i mean $66 for one way. Four of us ended up going to LA for 4 nights for New Year\'s and it only cost us each $600 (that's air, hotel, transfers, taxes & the 5 day Disneyland/California Adventure flex pass) It was an awesome last minute trip, but it's only b/c i did some searching and booked every thing separate to get the most for my money $$
    Here are a few websites that I will usually start my search when I'm looking for travel deals:

Please login or register to view links

P.S. Flight Centre is often the most expensive out of all of the websites. I one time checked on a hotel and Flight Centre wanted $50 more per night than one of the websites that I found.

P.P.S. Hope this is helpful for any of you
    ryeguy likes this.
  2. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

:woohoo: haha saving that post of yours for future plans =P
  3. mr.x

mr.x Full Member

Great topic ;)

Personally i like expedia\'s ease of use, but then again, if you want the best price, you definitely have to look at the other sites.

Booking airline tickets online is definitely the way to go if you want to save money, but then it\'s up to you to do all the work in searching for available tickets, chosing the airline, chosing the hotels, etc..

It\'s really easy though!! and it sure beats paying higher fees to have a travel agent do it for you when it\'s something you can do yourself :)

Another tip in saving money is to book your tickets ahead of time as much as possible :side:
  4. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Oh ya, I completely agree. If I\'m booking a trip to Mexico or something, I find it\'s usually cheaper to book a packaged vacation (ie: all inclusive) but you also have to search around for prices. When i went to Puerto Vallarta 2 years ago, I managed to get an awesome deal on Escapes.ca, and when I searched around, the exact same package leavin on the same day and same flight was about $500 more on some sites.
    I agree that for those who can\'t be bothered to look around themselves, that it may be easier to just go to a travel agent.
    But if you\'re conscious about your money, these sites are just a click away. Many have package specials on their site already, like Jubilee Travel, and you can often start your searching there.
    When you travel it\'s often better to do that extra bit of research instead of booking the first good thing you see.....remember often the cheapie hotels and packages are cheap for a reason! Make sure you\'re getting a deal that\'s worth your money ;)
  5. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

One thing I really don\'t like about expedia is that when they list something, and it\'s listed the wrong price.. they put in fine print that they have the right to charge you the difference of that and what it actually going to cost. So if you booked a flight for Hong Kong for $700 through expedia, but they meant $1700, then they have the right to charge you that $1000 as soon as they realize their mistake.

With a travel agent, you can always talk them down on a price, because it\'s just like buying a car. Because travel agents buy bulk seats from airlines, they can give it to you cheaper than if you buy it from the airline website.

Also, you can get tickets cheap when you book really last minute, but those are hard to find and you have to be super flexible. Once I found a weekend trip from Germany to Canada for $400 roundtrip!
  6. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Sometimes though if you book through an airline, the price may be cheaper.
    For example, it\'s always good to check through westjet and aircanada/tango to check for seat sales.
    For instance, this xmas break westjet was having a seat sale but in fine print it said that it\'s wasn\'t valid for travel btwn dec 20th-jan15th. Since Aircanada saw that they put the same sale on, but had their travel valid during that time. Everyone jumped on Air canada\'s flights. When westjet saw that they took that blackout time out of their clause, and allowed that time period to be included.... a bit confusing, yes, but i wouldn\'t have known had i not checked btwn the two airlines.
    But i totally agree with you Rachel, it\'s often last minute deals which are a total steal. If you have a flexible schedule and can get away the last minute then you\'ll really be able to do it. I one time saw a one week all inclusive for mexico, in a really good hotel, for $549. Hell if i could have gone, i would! LOL
  7. Type_A_Tiff

Type_A_Tiff Full Member

Awesome topic, Babyblues! Also, folks, keep in mind that whatever advertised or posted price you find online (say, Expedia or whatnot), you can go to Flight Centre and they\'ll either match the price or beat it by $5. It\'s great because you have a bit more security than if you booked and paid online - at least if something changes or goes wrong, you have someone to talk to in person. (I\'ve found this esp. useful when booking an Air Canada flight, because the last 5 times I\'ve flown with them in the past 1.5 years, my flights have been rescheduled.)
  8. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Ouch! well i always like to travel with west jet if i can b/c they have good service. I have never had a problem with westjet, no matter where i fly with them, and i\'ve never had to reschedule my flights either.
    If i book online, i like to book with jubilee travel or escapes, b/c they do have ticket offices here in vancouver/burnaby, so you do have an actual person doing the reservation for you.
  9. Type_A_Tiff

Type_A_Tiff Full Member

Does WestJet still include meals inflight? I\'ve never flown with them but after starving on Air Canada last month, I\'m looking at other options now. :dry:
  10. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Every airline now doesnt\' serve meals if your flight is under a certain length of time. For example, when i fly to edmonton, there is no meal, but when i flew to mexico, you get a meal.
    It\'s how airlines are now keeping their prices down. They encourage people to bring their own food and drinks with them onto flights
  11. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

I wish Jetsgo worked out better - keep Air Canada and WestJet in good competition. I hate how high prices are to fly across Canada!
  12. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

I completely agree with you Rachel. Flying is very expensive, and it was great when jetsgo was around b/c it did keep the flights down. You could find $59 airfares on both aircanada & westjet during that time. Now $59 fares are like $99 and that\'s if you\'re lucky!!
  13. glamourbebe

glamourbebe Full Member

another good travel site to use is
    tripcentral.ca
    they include all the taxes in their quotes. i just use it for reference but i find selloutvacations cheaper.
  14. mk04

mk04 Full Member

i just found this post in my search and i want to say THANKS A bunch babyblues!!! your list is really helpful since this is the first time im looking for tickets online for my summer trip!! thanks!!!!!:woohoo:
  15. Katie

Katie Full Member

Travel Cuts, is a good travel agency. its run by students and its student prices but anyone can get it. Its a budget travel agency but my boyfriend and i used them with our trip to Europe and they were awesome. we got GREAT deals. and there wasn\'t any ridiculous fees for their services. It was great. And its nice to be able to talk to an actual person sometimes, especially when your going to be forking out alot of money on a trip because you don\'t want to risk anything. So i trust the person more then the computer. hah.
  16. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Thanks MK04, i hope you find some fantastic deals. I am the type of person who cringes when i heard someone who has spent and obscene amount of money for a trip where if they just spent a bit of time searching they could have found some wicked deals.
    Just remember to look around and don\'t just grab the first thing you see....you may be able to save a bit more by clickin a few more sites.
    Have fun if you go somewhere! :)
  17. mk04

mk04 Full Member

thanks babyblues!! it took me a couple of hours to look through all the sites i could find and i did manage to find some very cheap tickets at $463 roundtrip to toronto in august from Please login or register to view links. its gonna be hot!! thanks again:laugh:
    hope everyone else is having an awesome summer!!
  18. ryeguy

ryeguy Webmaster Staff Member

Online Travel Deals

post any online travel deals you find here :cool:
  19. canido

canido Full Member

use priceline to bid for hotels when you want to save some $$$.

I have gotten hotels for $50 (+$15 = tax & other fees),but it's still much cheaper than the original price for staying at the hotel ($130, not including tax + other fees). So it's basically 1/2 price.
  20. ko0ty

ko0ty Elite Member

AirCanada always have good special offers: