venus razor

Discussion in 'Makeup/Skin' started by fro, Mar 6, 2006.

1. fro

fro Full Member

kinda of a weird topic but jus curious..does anyone know if that venus razor..the newest one that has batteries or sumthin i duno in it and it vibrates when u shave so that it exfoliates any ingrown hairs and stuff...does it relli work?..cause ive noticed basically all razors r the same:unsure:
  2. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

I\'ve never tried the venus, but i bought the Bic Comfort 3 (with 3 blades) and i found they\'re probably the best of the disposable blades out there.

I tried it as one of those \"freebies\" that get dropped off in your mailbox, and i was suprised at how good they were.

They\'re not too expensive (bought them at zellers really really cheap)
  3. fro

fro Full Member

relli?..ive noticed with venus my skin gets irritated by the blade a lil..but u mean the ones that u throw away the whole razor?..the venus one u just change the blades..real expensive tho like 15$ for 4 in a pack or sumthin..i wudn mind tryin the bic tho if its cheap
  4. jadore_dior

jadore_dior Full Member

All razors are pretty much the same. The original venus ones work really well. Everytime you shave with any razor it exfolliates your skin. Save your money and just buy the regular original venus razors.

oh BTW.... does anyone else get annoyed by the prices of the blade re-fills? I noticed that at superstore they have this annoying alarmy type thing where the re-fills are so that everytime someone opens the case to get one a loud beep sounds... I just thought that was funny... :p
  5. eshen

eshen Full Member

has anyone noticed that the blades cost more then the razor itself? i just find that weird! :S
  6. taremi

taremi Full Member

i know!!
    razor refills are so expensive.
    i live in a dorm and we have TEENY WEENY shower stalls, so i have to use intuition (lathers while you shave) or else there is no way putting shaving cream or soap on without it running off before you get a chance to shave!!!
    intution is so expensive...
    venus too.

i personally think that battery operated venus looks useless.
    think about the batteries you would go through on top of the razor refills!
  7. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Well the Bic Comfort 3 i bought an 8 pack for like $5 so they\'re not expensive (it was one of those where you buy 4 and get 4 free)

I\'ve bought an electric shaver too, and honestly, i find that the plain old disposable razors work better than the electric.

An ex bf had an amazing electric razor, but i never got a chance to get the name. Although, i think he spent like $150 on the thing

I like the Bic, b/c they\'re not expensive like the Mach 4, but they have 3 blades and they work really well
  8. fro

fro Full Member

yah apparently with electric shavers ur suppose to keep using it and then ull get a closer shave..they more comfy tho no cuts and stuff...but so bic the one for men?..cuz u mentioned mach 4 isnt that only for men?..if you are talkin about men razors do they relli work better i have a friend that uses them and she says they do lol :)
  9. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Well, my gf accidentally bought some guy razors, and the didn\'t get as close as the girl ones\'

I think girls are better for the legs and whatnot and guys for everything else.

although, my friend shaved his head and then bic\'d it with a girls razor and it made his hair smoother than when he\'d used a guys one
  10. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

I have a problem with ingrown hair. I use Bic as well but it only gets rid of the hair on the surface so that the ingrown hair is still there and it looked really gross. I didn\'t want to wax it or anything but apparently that\'s the only way to get rid of them. :blink: Summer\'s coming though, I wouldn\'t want to leave all the tank tops in my closet just because of this problem. >.<
  11. Material Girl

Material Girl Full Member

Ingrown hairs are yuk aren\'t they noesamor! I have a few on my legs :pinch: But I don\'t wax my legs, just shave and it\'s fine. What you can do after shaving is apply a selftanner and this works great because it works great for me :)
  12. Bright Ideas

Bright Ideas Full Member

xx.noesamor wrote:
    SOLUTION:An ingrown occurs when a hair curls into the skin\'s surface as it grows back. To prevent ingrown hairs, rub the area with a medicated pad (such as Salley Hansen Medicated Zero Bumps) after shaving. Exfoliants in the pad clear the follicle so new hairs grow in smoothly. A cotton pad soaked with a toner containing salicylic acid also works. Repeat daily.