Victoria\'s Secret up to 70% off

Discussion in 'Sales, Coupons & Finds' started by Babyblues, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

Ok, now i know we don\'t have a victoria\'s secret here in vancouver, but you can still order online.

They\'re having up to 70% off of their spring clearance on bras, panties, sleepwear, clothing, shoes, etc...
    It\'s worth the look if you\'re interested.

Here\'s the link:

Please login or register to view links [img size=339]http://www.mallhours.com/vancouvermalls/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/clearance_09.jpg[/img]
  2. xoxjuicy

xoxjuicy Full Member

omg thanks!!
  3. Jennalynn_5366

Jennalynn_5366 New Member

isn\'t it kind of ify to buy stuff online? or by catelogue? cuz, especially for bras and stuff, u never know how it\'ll fit unless u try in ton so how does that work? I know that u\'re not allowed to gring back stuff (esp panties) for exhcnage or refund in stores..so...
  4. mimoo

mimoo Full Member

Yah thats true...i think its a hassel too but if its more convenient with buying online (and maybe u\'ve done it many times so that yooh no the exact sizes) then its all up to yooh. I prefer to stick to the safe side and try them on at stores b/c usually swimwear and undies are no refund/exchange. For the rest, its up to each individual.

Post edited by: mimoo, at: 2006/03/23 23:27
  5. canido

canido Full Member

The bargains are great..but i am still intimidated with online shopping.

Because clothes..they can look good in the photo, but when you wear it..it might look horrible. And also for sizes, the size i wear vary depending on the brand of the clothing.

But sometimes, if thigns are really cheap..heck get it anyway, and you can always give it for a present to someone else. lolz. =)
  6. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

no i completely agree about buying online. with victoria\'s secret though, you can\'t buy their regular clothes inthe store, only online/catalogue.

A friend of mine ALWAYS buys from victoria\'s secret and she said that the quality of clothing is actually very good.

It\'s always good to be safe and what not. I know that i prefer to try things on since for women\'s clothing, a size 7 is not really a size 7 in all brand names, lol
  7. fro

fro Full Member

hey babyblues....

i was jus guna order stuff frum there b4 this post! hehe..but i was wondering does ur friend pay for custom charges?..its hard to figure it out since none of there stuff says were its made...i emailed them and the lady told me to call to discuss its origin and blah but im to lazy...:angry:
  8. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

u know, i\'ve never asked that....i\'m not too sure. i\'ll see if i can email her and ask her and let u know
  9. roxXxy85

roxXxy85 Full Member

you do have to pay customs but VS takes care of it. its included in the shipping and handling price. they use canada post to mail things so its not as fast as say when youre ordering with AF or HCO but VS may have good prices but they add the shipping and handling on top then tax your ass! so....unless youre dying to have it and/or dont have a chance to get down there ...its your only option
  10. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

ya but the problem, is that their regular clothing that they have online (shirts, pants, jeans, belts, shoes, etc...) anything other than bras/panties, you have to buy online.

I spoke to them once, and they said that they don\'t have an actual store with their regular clothing, that you have to buy online.

the only other thing that you can do, is to ship it to someone you know in seattle maybe, and get them to bring it back foryou.

One gf does that with things she buys onthe net b/c her sister lives in seattle.
  11. fro

fro Full Member

o yah i usually get my stuff thru canada post n e way hehe...cuz i dunt need it like RITE away...buut i know how the tax price is added on when u check out..i luked at the site its like 15$ for every purchase between 20-30$...or sumthin like dat...but then wen u get it at the post office here then they charge ur ass the customs..so i dun think thats added on and u dunt kno till u get it...dats y i was curious as to how much the extra customs wud be like..the rep frum the site said i wud have to call and find out where the item was made (doesnt say on the site) :blink:
  12. smilesforfree

smilesforfree New Member

Victoria Secret online shopping IS worth it if you can have your purchases shipped to the U.S. If you don\'t have an Ameri-friend, don\'t worry -- you can still have stuff shipped to your very own U.S. address. If you\'re interested, read-on. . .

For those of you who love shopping online in the States, including Victoria Secret, Sharper Image, Gap, Old Navy etc. There are parcel forwarding services and parcel receiving services in Sumas Washington and in Blaine Washington. Have ALL your US parcels shipped to your own \"U.S. address\" -- they\'ll hold the parcels for you until you can come pick them up OR they will forward them by mail to you.

Check out Package Express in Sumas, Washington or The Letter Carrier in Blaine, Washington. There is a flat rate per parcel received (usually about $3) -- but the best part is:

(a) you get to take advantage of the FREE SHIPPING offers that many of the U.S. online retailers provide since you\'ll have your own U.S. address;

(b) if you drive down and pick up your parcels; when you go across the border 9 out of 10 times you\'ll only pay GST/PST and NO customs/duties -- the customs officers usually don\'t ask where the item is made -- they just need to know what it is, eg. women\'s clothing.

(c) if you have the Package Express or TLC office forward the parcel to you by mail, you can tell them to declare the items at wholesale value and then have them mail the invoices separately to you.

I\'ve subscribed to a bunch of US deal sites (Please login or register to view links Please login or register to view links) -- then when something good comes up, I jump on it and have it shipped to Package Express in Sumas. Often, shipping to Canada kills a lot of deals -- now I can take advantage of all the deals, get either free cheaping or cheap shipping, and just wait til I have several parcels waiting for me at Package Express and drive down and pick them up. You can also take advantage of U.S. rebates! I got a free Bosch jigsaw with the purchase of a miter saw -- I sent in the U.S. rebate to Bosch using my \"U.S. address\".

P.S. Victoria\'s Secret has a GREAT return policy. No questions asked. If I want to exchange for a different item or different size, I jsut call ahead and do a \"phone exchange\" - that way I don\'t have to wait for my exchange item -- they ship it out right away with FREE shipping. ThenI just take the items that I want to return, slap the Victoria Secret UPS return label on the package and give it to the counter person at Package Express, or any UPS mailer in the States. They only charge $4.95 per package returned, no matter how many items or how many different orders are enclosed in that package. With 90 days to return stuff for $ back, wait til you have a few items. You can still return stuff after 90 days for a online store credit -- mainly if it falls apart, or it fades or doesn\'t wear well etc.

Good luck!
  13. canido

canido Full Member

Wow thank you for ur indepth knowledge~ that opened my eye. I think i might do what you suggest..and get an american address in the states. its WAYYY cheaper. =)
  14. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

wow smiles for free! that\'s awesome!

so is it considered a \"p.o. box\"? and how much does it cost to get one, and do you have any links to the sites of where you get yours?

I know i would love to order a bunch of stuff, but ya the deals aren\'t there if you ship to canada.
  15. smilesforfree

smilesforfree New Member

The BEST thing is that it\'s NOT considered a P.O. Box. The link to Package Express is Please login or register to view links -- you go online and apply for an address -- it doesn\'t cost you anything to do this. Your address does NOT look like a P.O. box, which is great since many retailers and lots of eBay sellers do NOT ship to a P.O. Box and certain courier companies won\'t ship to a P.O. Box either. Here is what your address will look like:

YOUR NAME
    115 Garfield Street
    # ____ (it\'ll look like an apartment number)
    Sumas, Washington

When your parcel arrives, Package Express will e-mail you with the details -- sender name, date arrived, courier service or USPS service & the tracking number. I wait until I\'ve got 6-7 parcels before I go down and pick it up. They are VERY professional. Their office is 2 blocks from the border and takes US and Canadian cash, visa, debit. More details on their site.

Then you can fill up your car with cheap gas before coming back to Canada. The Sumas border is never busy, so it\'s really quick.

P.S. Customs for items made in ASIA (which many are), is 20%. PLUS you have to pay 14% taxes (GST/PST) and an $5-$8 handling fee. Sooooo not worth it!
  16. fro

fro Full Member

lol thanks dis is the info i needed!!B)
  17. roxXxy85

roxXxy85 Full Member

ive checked out both sites and well the package express location is just soooo far (from richmond) and the letter carrier doesnt seem to have a lot of information like package express but its so close! its like right below tsawasssen. but theres no info to sign up and it is a tad more expensive well point is...do you have any more information about the letter carrier...as in have you tried it out?
  18. smilesforfree

smilesforfree New Member

roxXxy85 wrote:
    I haven\'t tried \"The Letter Carrier\" myself. Some others on the RedFlagDeals forums have tried it out. You may want to check out that forum for more info. Apparently their communications and professionalism aren\'t as good as Package Express, but their services work OK and are good for those who live nearby. Here\'s the RFD link: Please login or register to view links
  19. xsalesjunkiex

xsalesjunkiex Full Member

roxXxy85:

i\'ve used the letter carrier in the past and from my experience they\'re great! i\'ve had to order aftermarket parts for my bike based in the US that would only ship to a US destination.

so basically, i just use their mailing address to ship an item. after a week, i\'ll give them a call to confirm if the item has arrived .. when it finally does arrive, i drive to the tsawasssen/US border which is really close and convenient! ;)