What is a good place to get make-up/ hair done?

Discussion in 'Hair/Nails' started by tjeng, Jan 4, 2006.

1. tjeng

tjeng Full Member

I\'m graduating from high school this year and I was starting to think about make up, hair and all that...
    So does anyone know where I can get good makeup/hair done?
    Is MAC good? I saw the Makeup forever counter at Sears on Robson and they looked pretty professional. Does anyone know it?
  2. samantha

samantha Full Member

if you wanna get your hair done,there\'s this great
    place called scruples hair on 4th and there\'s this girl there that does really nice updos and styles for grads and special events. its one of her specialties.
    Her name is Elise and the phone number is 732-3270.

Good Luck!
  3. mz.g

mz.g Full Member

i heard MAC wasn\'t good. they overdo it and make you look ...not so great.
  4. sugabee

sugabee New Member

for make up u can do it at one of the counters at the bay or sears.. i did my own for grad so i wouldnt know..
    but for the hair. i totally agree with sam. they actually do make up as well so u can get everything done in one shot. i got extensions there. but i always go to christina, this korean girl. she\'s awesome. she does a great job everytime. i got my hair dyed from her as well. they are a little pricier of course. but worth it especially for grad =)
  5. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

for make-up i wouldn\'t go with Mac. I knew about a dozen girls who went there to get make-up done, including my best friend, and had to go home and wash their face and do their own. They go wayyyyy overboard and make you look, in some cases, like a clown
  6. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

The more make up they can put on you, the more they can sell.

:laugh:
  7. roxXxy85

roxXxy85 Full Member

mac isnt bad you just have to let them know specifically that you dont want to go overboard. ie: soft, natural look with smoky eyes. plus its like 30 dollars and you can get it back through products

i also hear holt refrew bobby brown is good
  8. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

I love Bobbi Brown! Much more subtle than Mac. More about enhancing natural beauty.
  9. kaori

kaori Full Member

Wherever you go.. Don\'t go to MAC. They always put on WAAAY to much makeup and it makes you feel like you have a ton of layers of stuff on your face.
  10. amie3

amie3 Full Member

There's a girl named Alisa who will go over to your place to do your makeup. She also works at MAC on granville. She did my makeup for my graduation pictures and she did an awesome job. I highly recommend her.
    According to her card she also does makeup for weddings and prom and stuff.
  11. CANDY

CANDY Moderator Staff Member

not really. my friend asked for a natural look and it looks like she has nothing on. I had to ask the makeup artist to add more color to her eyes.

do you know how much she charges?
  12. *pinkpeachz

*pinkpeachz Elite Member

omg so many choices ! =S
  13. silver_aria

silver_aria New Member

you might also want to check out eccotique at metro.
    also, i totally agree with the all the MAC talk, maybe check out aveda instead?
  14. xxk1nky

xxk1nky Full Member

MAC is either a hit or miss. depends on who you get. my grad makeup sucked (shoulda just done it myself) but the makeup they did for my 18th birthday party was phenomenal. LOVED it. and it's a good idea to be really specific about what you want. or get a picture or some type of visual aid so they can totally give you what you want.
  15. Celestial

Celestial Full Member

I would pick a place based on how much I could spend on the makeup as well. If you cant afford MAC then a makeover isnt going to help as the point of it is to get you to buy stuff. Clinique is pretty good as the stuff is not super heavy and they always have some makeover promo.
  16. ko0ty

ko0ty Elite Member

Please login or register to view links

I got mine done at Estee Lauder for my grad in 2005 and they did an awesome job! I got my hair done at that hair school in Richmond across the street from Richmond Centre and it was half-price for students so I only paid $7 for my hair for prom! It's great because they had instructors watching over all the time and they did exactly what I wanted them to do (I brought pics with me). A couple of my GFs went with me and we all got our hair done there too.

These pics are kinda old an embarassing but you can view them here:
    Please login or register to view links
  17. -stuff

-stuff Full Member

^ pretty !
  18. supatsa

supatsa Full Member

awww u look so cute in those grad pics!!

i got my makeup down at clinque at oakridge, you pay a certain amount i think it was like $80 for the makeup session, but then it goes towards their products as well, something kinda like what mac does.
  19. BlusH*

BlusH* Elite Member

wow 8o?
    i was at the Sear's lancome counter at Metro... the make up application was free as long as you buy 1 product. So i just bought the lip colour.. came up to 40ish
  20. supatsa

supatsa Full Member

sorry haha i what i meant was clinque. i was thinking of lancome at the minute. =p