where has all the classy dresses gone?

Discussion in 'Apparel & Shopping' started by sonia7, Apr 13, 2006.

1. sonia7

sonia7 Full Member

I was just looking thru some mags n t hit me, where has all the classy dresses gone, i mean sur there are cute dresses for parties n such, but its rare we get to wear fancy cocktail dresses-i wish it were like in\"breakfast @ tiffany\'s\" i loved the fact that in the olden days women used to dressup. That was of course b.c they HAD to be at civilized parties on a regular basis! Another thing i cannot stand- ppl walking around,going shopping in HUGE BAGGY sweatpants,i have nothing againts sweats i love \'em, but @ home when appropriate. Like when ppl wear sweats to school or even pj\'s its like they took no time to get ready and it in my opinion looks sloppy. I am not trying to put anyone down, all i want to know is what happened to the days when women and girls wore proper clothing, not tiny pieces of \"fabric\" sewn together in the hopes of looking like clothing! Sumone out there plz tell me you know where i am coming from! Thank you, for allowing me to get that off my chest-ps-it was not meant to be hurtful in any way. :)
  2. canido

canido Full Member

hahaha i know what you mean, but i guess it\'s coz we can\'t dress up daily that we envy it? The other side is ALWAYS greener.

But to be honest, i think i\'d be lazy and tired if i had to dress up everytime i go out. Playing dress up once in a while is awesome, but too much is ><. I had a business university conference for three days, and i already had enough of it. My FEET hurts from wearing heels, that\'s when i realized..doing this everyday would not be great.
  3. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

see i\'m completely different, i love to dress up.

every day i wear heels to work. even when i wear knee high boots under my dress pants or nice jeans, they\'re at least a 2 1/2-3 inch heel. i actually feel more comfortable in heels than in flats.

then again, i\'m shorter than all my gf\'s so i\'ve had to readjust to that throughout the years, so i\'ve been wearing heels since i was like 14, lol.

but i honestly love them.......my gf\'s can\'t wear my shoes b/c they all wear flats, lol.
  4. sonia7

sonia7 Full Member

yay see Babyblues gets what i mean, i am the exact same way every since hischool istarted wearing heels, n now its so weird when i am in flats. besides i cant walk well in flats its like i look like a duck! lol, heels on the other hand straighten ur posture, make u feel sexyt n give u confidence!
  5. Sales! Sales! Sales!

Sales! Sales! Sales! Full Member

LOL BK151. I\'m sure they change into another pair of pj\'s when they sleep at night lol. :p
  6. sonia7

sonia7 Full Member

i duuno bout that \"sales,sales, sales,\" I agree with bk151-totally repulsive -its like wats the point, honestly ur walking around SITTING on the floor eating lunch in ur pj\'s smthings not right here...also i wudnt be surpirsed if they change why wud they seeing as they were lazy enuff to come to skewl in pjs wat will make \'em take then off when its time for bed! lol
  7. princessice

princessice Full Member

i totally agree!!! people who wear pjs to school look really sloppy...i was at the doctor\'s once, and this girl came in in PJ\'s!

sweats are alright i guess, depends on what kind...grad sweats are a-okay!
  8. tjeng

tjeng Full Member

I agree!!! I mean I am like the weird one of the group of friends because I LOVE TO DRESS UP!!!! Not many of my friends understand the fact that I put together my outfit for school the night before :p I don\'t know, dressing up and looking good are ways to make myself less stressed out. I don\'t think I\'m doing it cuz I\'d look good in front of others, but I do it for myself--- i just love it so much

well Pj\'s are meant to be worn when you go to bed.... i know being comfortable is important, but so is being appropriate for the occasion...
  9. sonia7

sonia7 Full Member

i am soo happy i am not the only one out there, cuz a lot of my friends are like \"sonia get over it\"lol excewpt my gff\'s
    but ya \"pjs meant to be slept in\" love it
    wats the most sloppy outfit u ever saw sumone in DO TELL LOL i\'m curious
  10. mk04

mk04 Full Member

this wouldn\'t really the most sloppy outfit but the most sloppy person: i remember seeing a person once in my class not only in her pj\'s... but you could DEFINITELY tell she didn\'t WASH HER FACE in the morning and she had stuff dried all over in her face!! it was soo nasty!! altho she didnt seem to notice hmm. . .
  11. xx.noesamor

xx.noesamor Full Member

I just saw one today! He\'s not really sloppy, more like queer, cuz I swear to god that all those rips and tears are done on purpose. They are extremely wide and long cuts and one of them was right below one of his butt cheeks and it was wide open showing his er....o-o; Halloween boxer (Orange background with black bats) Lol
  12. sonia7

sonia7 Full Member

AHH hacking up a hairball here! lol,
    ya i really wish guys wud get it that we really dont want to see wats under their pants!
    ok so the grossest thing sumone did at my school was: while i was working @ the school store a gr 10 comes up to me with his PANTS UNDONE n hes like \"ya i noe my pants r on the ground, i was hoping i cud persuade you into giving me free candy\" my god how stupid, i am not even kidding that really happened n then i saw him at the library n he gives me this look n i am like rolling y eyes, b/c honestly how immature!