workout clothes

Discussion in 'Apparel & Shopping' started by sonia7, Apr 27, 2006.

1. sonia7

sonia7 Full Member

hey everyone i need some cute, ligthweight and,comfy workout clothes, and i\'m not sure what is good for this summer i prolly want workout capri pants and a cute sporty top for tennis and working out. ANY suggestions? ps anything in metro wud be great!:)
  2. Babyblues

Babyblues Full Member

honestly, try costco....i bought some lululemon type pants for $14 b/c i wanted something simple to wear to the gym and not worry about ruining them, and i also bought a workout shirt as well (they did have capri ones)
  3. UBooboo

UBooboo Full Member

I think Superstore has some decent workout clothes too. But don\'t have too high of an expectation.
  4. jmw1

jmw1 Full Member

If you dont mind paying a lot, lululemon is really great. I just got capris and i can\'t take them off! They are so comfy and look really nice, but they are pretty expensive for just capris.
  5. Rachel

Rachel Full Member

I agree with Babyblues.. try Costco. I have my beef with Lululemon. Heh.
  6. sonia7

sonia7 Full Member

ooh thanks but i dont have a costco membership, but i am gonna try some places in the mall;)
  7. iamcoolbean

iamcoolbean New Member

true that lululemon stuff are really expensive but their quality are really good! you can just dump the clothes in the washing machine many times and they always come out as if it is new (not stretched / strink). they also keep you quite dry while you sweat it out in the gym! if you want something cheaper, try zeller / hbc line of \"sportek\" they aren\'t bad either! can get sportek tanks for like 10 when they go on sale.
  8. neutral_scape

neutral_scape Full Member

I like American Apparel for things inbetween Costco/Superstore and Lululemon. I'm too bad at laundry for the latter and too picky for the former! Plus, AA has all their shorts in super pretty colours and fabrics! I hope you find something!
  9. BENCH20girl

BENCH20girl Full Member

Lotuswear is Grreeeeeeeeeeeeat!
  10. Pedus

Pedus Member

I like to wear underarmour a lot because it's light and keeps you cool when you need to stay cool and warm when you need to be warm. It's also great at absorbing moisture. I also like to wear just nike shorts, nothing fancy really. I also recommend using a head band or wrist band if your going to do heavy cardio work (on a treadmill and such). Getting sweat in your eyes is never a pleasent thing.
  11. burnt_asparagus

burnt_asparagus Full Member

You should check out J76 (there's one in Metrotown and one downtown) for a cheaper alternative to Lululemon style workout wear.
  12. nymphadora

nymphadora Member

I agree with most of the people here, try CostCo or Superstore. They have decent stuff for great prices =) And if you need them just for working out, no one really notices what you wear.